Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

It certainly has some markers that would appear as though it is hers. She has it linked to her public page which makes me think so. It also makes me think Kenzie wasn't going to great lengths to "hide" another life/lifestyle. I can't confirm for sure.

2. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

I think it's the opposite. I think her weight WAS 145 and she lost weight.

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Hmm now this makes me think this was a known person to her....JMO

4. UTNative

UTNative Active Member

Hello everyone! New member here, but I've read all three threads. I know Salt Lake City well. IMO ML met someone and they went north. To go from the airport, back to her home to get her vehicle and then head out, that would make sense if she was meeting someone east or south of where she lives. So I believe she went north or somewhere close in NSL.

5. yellowmoose

That makes more sense. Kenzie is super thin.

Alcina, kgreg2529, cody22 and 12 others like this.
  6. SoCalGirl

We don't know that he didn't get out of car. Lyft driver reported ML and the person she met "made contact." That sounds to me like they hugged and I just assumed the person she met moved her bag over to his car. Could be wrong on all counts.

7. na19

na19 Active Member

Are Kenzie's roommates the same friends that held the press conference? I wonder when was the last time she spoke to them.
    When was her midterm?

Just random questions. I think we will get a vehicle/mystery person description today! At least I hope so.

8. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Not judging Kenzie but I think she was living two lives, jmo.

9. yellowmoose

No Kenzie's roommates didn't hold the press conference. The 2 who did are her sorority sisters.

Flurries, LadyL, Alcina and 15 others like this.
  10. otto

otto Verified Expert

Given that there are signs in the park regarding surveillance video, she may have thought that this park was a safe place to meet someone. That is, she might have assumed that if something went wrong, Lyft knew where she was dropped off and video could provide information about who she was with if needed.

It has to be an in-between location since she got out of the Lyft and got into another car right away. My impression is that she didn't want anyone to know where she lived, so she chose a spot that she thought was neutral and monitored. It looks like she didn't consider the possibility that she was also ensuring that the person she met would be difficult to identify - and that could be a problem.

11. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

#1 would certainly explain why ML didn't have the mystery person pick her up at the airport. She texted her parents that she arrived so it would make sense she could have texted others, especially if she was seeing someone or involved with a man. As you said, he would have most likely been in bed, and she said she would meet the person. I also think it's possible she could have napped on the flight and maybe was more wired tired from her flight home and wasn't quite ready for bed so it might not seem weird to meet up with someone you were seeing after being away for several days. Great points!

12. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Is she the type of person that wouldn’t want to ask someone to “go out of their way” to get her at the airport? Is she fiercely independent? Is she a cautious person or willing to take risks? Overly trusting/Naive?

If she was independent and careful, I wonder why she didn’t go home and get her own car before going to meet someone at 3:00 am. At least that would give her some control over the situation.

Again, yellowmoose, thank you for answering our questions. We really appreciate your posts.

kgreg2529, Teche, ChiCubs2016 and 6 others like this.
  13. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

You are right and if it turns out to be like that, it is a lot of positive information for LE.
    I wonder if the Lyft driver thought the drop off was strange enough that he paid extra attention to the car, license and driver and gave that information to LE.

14. SoCalGirl

Unless she changed clothes/appearance and was talking/texting on the phone a lot.

15. otto

otto Verified Expert

Maybe it wasn't a last minute thing. Maybe it was a plan, and part of the plan was that it would be discreet such that they would not be seen together.

AnnaGrace, EmilyVan, cody22 and 7 others like this.
  16. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

17. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I hope she explained to the driver why they were meeting at the park, hopefully she's a chatty kind of rider that shared a lot on that drive.

18. Bugurl747

Bugurl747 Well-Known Member

BBM
    LE does have that info. It has not been released yet:

"We have not yet confirmed the make and model of the car or the description of the person, but may release further details once we have verified that information,”

MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

cedgison, AnnaGrace, JaneEyre and 7 others like this.
  19. SoCalGirl

Reading Gavin de Becker's The Gift of Fear isn't a bad idea, either.

20. yellowmoose

I've wondered about why she didn't ask someone to come get her. A lot of her friends live in the SLC area so it really wouldn't be out the way and I know plenty of people would have (myself included) gone to get her. My thoughts are either someone who was supposed to pick her up bailed, she didn't want to inconvenience her friends at 1 am, or she had planned to meet up this person anyway and knew she didn't need one. I think Kenzie tends to be overly trusting sometimes. She looks for the best in everyone and is very positive. I think this outlook applies to dating and she might not be as careful as one would hope. But I don't think she would be reckless enough to meet a stranger at a park at 3 a.m. I think it's someone she knows or feels comfortable with. But I know she likes to be independent and fiery as well. She is willing to take risks too. But I don't think she is reckless.

cedgison, InspectGadget, DD8 and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.