Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osu

osu Well-Known Member

I remember seeing some hashtags on her IG, of #145. There were others that were using the same hashtag and I think it meant they were down from that previous weight of #145 to a lower weight.

JMO

janewall and Gardenista like this.
  2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Although going by what we know, she was not attempting to hide it much, which fortunately may make it easier for LE to find out who it was that she met at the park. Imo

LadyL, AnnaGrace, wary and 6 others like this.
  3. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

And when they release it they will have verified it, I hope someone is very nervous right now. As @MassGuy said LE may be giving him time to come forward before his life blows up. jmo

4. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

I don't think we can really gauge how well she knew or didn't know the person based on the very little info we have at this point. When I was in my 20s (I'm 39 this week) I met tons of people online. At first I was extremely skeptical and guarded, after all, this was the early 2000's and people thought meeting people over the internet was weird in general. However, after meeting a handful of people, I let my guard down more and more. It got to the point where the majority of my friends were people I had connected with online. If Kenzie has been making connections online for a while, she very well might have had her guard down too.

As far as the Lyft driver getting a good look at the person she met - I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Kenzie chose the location to be dropped, she (most likely) had someone there waiting for her that she appeared to be happy to see - why would any of this cause alarm for the driver? He was probably preoccupied with getting to his next call. At best I would think he got a glimpse of the car, but could barely recall any specifics regarding the car/driver days later.

Hopefully the police have found surveillance of the car in question and will be releasing it this afternoon.

5. otto

otto Verified Expert

I doubt it. She was meeting someone at a park in the middle of the night. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have some serious questions about what was going on. That's not a normal thing to do.

6. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

My son, who knew her in high school, described her as "naive and ditzy," but he hasn't seen her for five years.

7. Bugurl747

Bugurl747 Well-Known Member

I think the airport video will show us what she potentially changed into from her black leggings and white peace t-shirt. It is my opinion that she didn't wear that to meet our mystery person.

It will also show if she was on her phone and how she was responding while on the phone.
    Could be insightful if those were the last of her hours, IMO.

wary, angelainwi, Suglo and 5 others like this.
  8. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Well the clothing description is supposedly last seen in.

9. Kirrie

Kirrie Well-Known Member

Could it be an ex boyfriend who all her circle of friends knows is married now, in another relationship. Couldn,t risk being seen.

10. otto

otto Verified Expert

She did meet someone at a park in the middle of the night rather than go home, so she took a risk. In this case, that risk led to her disappearance. Risky behavior means a higher probability that something could go wrong, but it is exciting when it doesn't.

If this is someone that she knows and is comfortable with, why didn't they meet at her house, the other person's house, a public restaurant? There's a reason that she met this person at an isolated location in the middle of the night, and nothing about it says "friends that know each other" or that everything is on the level.

LadyL, ilovechili, AnnaGrace and 11 others like this.
  11. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Has anyone searched this yet?

I bolded my concern here... how could they not know this already? Seems incompetent not to look for a vpo?
    Unless she left with someone, or appeared drunk?

Any business near the route that might have video?
    Oh boy, my search history... yikes as well.

absolutely

i’d really like to know the exam question too.

Bugurl747 and ClaireNC like this.
  12. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know....To grab headlines, maybe?

Never underestimate the media's appetite for sensationalizing a story.

This story is sensational enough: it doesn't require any titillating, bombastic flourishes by MSM.

JMO.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  13. MOTORUNNER

MOTORUNNER My echo, My shadow, and Me

I feel like the fact the person in question didn't want to pick KL at the airport says a lot. He didn't want to be seen in public. Someone would have more than likely recognized him/ he didn't want to be seen with a younger woman. There's no other reason. I'm thinking it's possible this is an older man, married. When I was on SD apps many of the men that messaged me were married. They said no meeting in public places or at his home, it had to either be at my place or somewhere like a hotel.

14. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

You could be right. I hope the video reveals a lot. IMO though, the video us more about appeasing the media and public curiosity. Give us something, without giving anything away.

15. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Had she recently started a new diet or workout? Or could the weight loss possibly come from drugs?

LadyL, cryscrys, Cortne and 2 others like this.
  16. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Excellent news!

I'm wondering if this surveillance footage is from the airport or from around Hatch Park.
    Guessing it's the former, but any footage of her from that night is helpful.

LE is releasing the info they're able to without compromising their investigation,
    and they've said they'll keep the public updated on their progress.
    I think that they'll provide fairly regular case updates right now, as the case is extremely fluid.
    New developments are hopefully occurring as they gather more information, tips, etc.

I think as soon as we see a sudden flurry of activity coming from them, that will be the sign that they've secured the info r/t her digital footprints.

Things will happen very quickly once LE's gotten hold of and analyzed all that electronic data.

This case is solvable.
    LE will definitely find out what's happened here.
    It's not a question of "if," it's only a question of "when."

Hopefully, today brings more clarity, more answers, and progress toward locating ML.

JMO.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    cedgison, AnnaGrace, EmilyVan and 8 others like this.
  17. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

Kenzie is pretty healthy. She does workout and she was aware of her weight and I think she had some weight loss goals. In my opinion she’s very thin. But she’s decently athletic/built as well.

18. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Thank you! Great insights and very well said. She does seem like a very upbeat, positive person and smart enough to not be reckless. That’s why this 3:00 am meetup seems so strange. If someone was supposed to pick her up, but bailed, I think we would have heard about it. Unless it was the person she met in the park that was supposed pick her up at the airport, but plans changed.

19. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

ChiCubs2016 and ClaireNC like this.
  20. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Wondering why you don't consider her reckless. Have you seen the hashtags she used on this IG?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.