Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am new here. First post. Maybe this has been asked before, but wouldn't the airport have cameras throughout? Do they show what she was wearing/doing from the time she landed until the time she got the lyft? Was she on the phone, etc.? Everything seems so vague right now.

I believe, from what’s been said in the news today, that they’re going to release surveillance footage from the airport—which must be loaded with cameras!

Look at the times she made the payments on Venmo (the ones I could see were all 2:00am-4:30am). IMO,Just seems weird to make payments at that time. And last payment says June 16

Though she's a college student and I can assure you when I was a college student I can't think of much I wouldn't do or didn't do between 2-4 am.

I do not think it was drugs.
I do not think it was a planned absence.
I do not think it was a complete stranger she went to meet at the park.
None of those scenarios makes sense.
I was not a cautious woman in my younger years and even I knew not to meet up with guys alone at deserted parks at 4am back in the 90’s. Women are smarter now more than even when I was younger. Obviously, none of those can be 100% ruled out but I’d say they are very unlikely.

Did we ever get clarification on the Lyft driver? Was it a male or female? Is there a description of the car KM was dropped off at and the person in the car? I haven’t seen that info yet, that plus the phone records will be key.

yes, it would be very stupid for the person to harass the Lyft driver; they would 100% be giving themselves up. I'm sure the last person, apart from LE, that perp wants anything to do with at all is the eyewitness who saw him and Kenzie.

That being said, i still think it's good that the identity of the driver isn't public information. Even though LE has said he's cleared, some people still won't give it up and amateur sleuths could harass him, convinced that LE has it wrong.
They shouldn't be identified, unless of course LE named them as a suspect, to which they have stated several times that he or she is not a suspect at this time. No sense in putting another person in harm's way, just in case. This poor person is probably on pins and needles now- they're just doing a darn side job to pay bills, and now they have a missing woman after one of their jobs. How awful.

A dedicated tip line has been set up specifically for MacKenzie Lueck. Call 801-799-4420 and reference case 19-11129.

Timeline of MacKenzie Lueck disappearance:

• Early morning June 17: Flew into Salt Lake City from Los Angeles after attending funeral.
  • 1:30 a.m.: Texted parents telling them she landed.
  • 2:42 a.m.: Took a Lyft from the airport to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.
  • 2:49 a.m. Arrived at Hatch Park
  • 4:00 p.m. June 20, parents reported her missing when she failed to show at a midterm exam.
https://fox13now.com/2019/06/24/police-missing-u-of-u-student-mackenzie-lueck-took-lyft-to-park-left-with-someone-in-a-vehicle/

Hi! I am new here. First post. Maybe this has been asked before, but wouldn't the airport have cameras throughout? Do they show what she was wearing/doing from the time she landed until the time she got the lyft? Was she on the phone, etc.? Everything seems so vague right now.
Welcome, @c.lynn. Yes, LE said in yesterday's press conference that they had reviewed the camera footage and it has been reported today that they will release some of it in today's press conference coming up in about 25 minutes. MOO

People are getting way off track re: venmo. It is a perfectly normal way to pay people back for things in my circle (e.g., to split a meal, or a baby shower present) and I am in my mid-30s w/ a completely tame lifestyle. It's free & instant even if you use different banks (venmo takes on the risk of dealing with non-settlement); that's the benefit over other payment methods.

It's very clear what this is all likely about. Read JJ's comments one the video above (the specific comments, not the general question from a different JJ) and follow the info he gives yourself. His claims are all verifiable if you want to. (He also really does seem to be a PI, if not a super professionally-presenting one.)

My thoughts on digesting this. She got a message while up in the air for an impromptu meetup. Got the message when she landed. There are many rich people on the NSL mountain with very nice homes who are probably lazy enough to just drive down to the park instead of going to the AP. They don’t want a Lyft just showing up at their home, so that park location works. THEN something happened. What, who knows.

There’s a thought, got a message while she was in the air....this is sort of what I was tossing around in my head yesterday as far the slight possibility this was not a previously scheduled meetup.

Whatever the case, the strong word in my mind here is “LURE”.

I have kids who attend school here, are involved in the Greek system, and live in apartments near hers. To say that this is freaking them out is an understatement. Frankly, most kids this age don’t make the smartest decisions on a regular basis with regards to dating and hook ups. They are out until 3 or 4 in the morning, grab a few hours of sleep, head to school and work, and do it all over again. I hope and pray that she is found alive and well, and I also hope that all of these kids use this as a time to reflect on their choices and the need for safety in their social lives.

That being said, I’m happy to answer questions regarding locations, maps, Greek system, etc. as they arise on this thread. Praying she is found quickly.

Having a second Instagram (sinstagram is what it’s called) is extremely common. Especially in this age group. You want to post sexy photos but you don’t want your LDS family seeing them.

Welp, you just convinced me. I'm never having kids in this day and age. I'm only 28 and I thought it was bad enough when I was in college :D They don't stand a chance today. Hopefully the parents can handle it better than I imagine I ever could.

Crazy world we live in and it just keeps getting worse o_O Alt-accounts nicknamed Sinstagram? yikes.

People are getting way off track re: venmo. It is a perfectly normal way to pay people back for things in my circle (e.g., to split a meal, or a baby shower present) and I am in my mid-30s w/ a completely tame lifestyle. It's free & instant even if you use different banks (venmo takes on the risk of dealing with non-settlement); that's the benefit over other payment methods.

It's very clear what this is all likely about. Read JJ's comments one the video above (the specific comments, not the general question from a different JJ) and follow the info he gives yourself. His claims are all verifiable if you want to. (He also really does seem to be a PI, if not a super professionally-presenting one.)

Agreed I use it all the time and I’m in my 40’s. I don’t think it’s unusual.

MOO: I probably watch too many true crime shows, but I have a very bad feeling about this young woman. I think she got in over her head with her dating habits. I am concerned that she has met with foul play and is no longer alive.
Until remains are found there is hope she is alive. We've seen that recently on another case here thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam