Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

bluenoser, cass523, Suglo and 5 others like this.

2. zoso

zoso Well-Known Member

To set up a rendezvous point BOTH she and the mystery man would have to be recognizable. Right? I still think a professor or co worker who lives 15-20 miles from airport. Otherwise, why the cloak and dagger?

3. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

So if they know where to look, and find something that shows she is on certain apps or what not (accounts with pics etc) is that enough
    Wait......LYFT has a “territory” or mileage rule? I must have missed that. It definitely makes the theory of her being farther away more credible. What’s the cut-off, and how much is it per mile?? I am very interested if anyone knows! TIA

4. calo44

calo44 Well-Known Member

I think it’s a place they met at before, jmo

5. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

One thing about the location drop-off choice in this case: Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City, UT.

This is just a theory, but if you are meeting someone that you know at a park at 3 am, I think it would be because you are unsure of the right address, but have a general idea of where that person lives. So maybe the person on the phone says they live behind Hatch Park or something like that and offers to meet them at the park and take them the rest of the way. Or they live in a gated community or complex nearby.

So I would theorize that the location she ultimately went to was very close to Hatch Park, but complex in terms how someone would describe getting there at 3 am in the morning. Hopefully she is found safe. Whoever she went with must have been very confident she did not tell anyone else where she was going. It will be interesting to see how this missing persons case turns out.

6. zoso

zoso Well-Known Member

I don’t think they have a set boundary, but it gets expensive going long distances. All they wanted was a clandestine meet up. Also neighbors would maybe notice an Uber rather that just his car going into the garage.

Mo Thuairim, cass523, n_6CC and 5 others like this.
  7. ZZbball22

ZZbball22 If we ignore the facts, we are blind. Goodbye WS

This is interesting. Why would they meet where they knew there would be a witness and witness account, as in the Lyft driver? Unless they didn't know she was taking Lyft. Either not thought through enough or something unexpected.? Seems to me that points away from intent. Imo.

8. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Maybe the person she met is a fellow student and they planned to burn the midnight oil, so to speak, and cram for the exam? Or so he told her?

The problem I have with the voluntarily missing scenario is that even if she just needed to get away, I don't think she'd want to worry her family, particularly so soon after the death of her grandmother. Didn't she text her mom right after the plane landed to let her know she was OK?

9. Jcscham

Jcscham Well-Known Member

I'm thinking along similar lines as you.

When my grandmother passed away many of my ex-girlfriends I missed and hadn't spoken to in ages found out about it somehow and reached out to me to offer their condolences. Some were currently in new relationships but regardless of that still wanted to be there for me to comfort me.

Could see someone ML had a relationship with very long ago popping back up suddenly offering her the comfort she is craving after such an emotionally exhausting trip and them planning a covert meeting in the park since the ex is in a new relationship with someone they are now living with that would prevent her from going to their home.
    The ex'snew partner saw them sneaking off in the middle of the night and followed them and did something in anger and jealousy to either her or both of them and is now trying to cover that up.

MFH, bradfordsleuth, Kirrie and 6 others like this.
  10. slcmike

slcmike Well-Known Member

It looks like her venmo profile is public and the last time she paid someone was 8 days ago.

11. jcoast

jcoast Well-Known Member

Why assume the person she was meeting knew she would be arriving in a Lyft vehicle?

cody22 likes this.
  12. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

If you are only 15 minutes away why would you make someone get a ride to come to you? Just doesn't make sense It can't be true. imo

13. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Because the person she met wanted to limit exposure to the Lyft driver, hoping the driver wouldn't see a vehicle and wouldn't be able to give a good description of him/her. All of the other options would open this person up to surveillance and more eyeballs.

n_6CC likes this.
  14. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

if this was just a 'simple' affair - why would they care if a random Lyft driver saw them?

15. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Can you link it?

16. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

That's actually a sweet thought. When my mom died, an old boyfriend from high school, who still lives in my hometown (I live several states away now) contacted me after he heard the news. Corresponding with someone who knew my mom (as my friends in my new state did not know her) and who knew me from "back then" was a huge comfort. There was no chance of a hook up or 3am meeting, but perhaps at another stage in life, it would have been a possibility.

I don't think that happened in this case, but it's nice to think of something sweet rather than something sinister, even just for a moment.

jmo

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  17. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

OOOH, good sleuthing! I like the gated community idea!

18. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Maybe they met halfway in between?

19. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

BBM
    I totally agree! After the death of her grandmother, I can’t see anyone being so heartless as to do a voluntary missing scenario. I strongly feel that there is foul play. Imo, she is being held against her will or she is no longer with us.

20. slcmike

slcmike Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure you could take a Lyft to colorado if you wanted to pay for it and the driver was ok with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.