Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I've been trying to get caught up on this thread but its proving to be nearly impossible! I made it halfway through #3 then realized y'all are well into #4 already! It's been moving fast.

What are the new details from today?

SLCPD made the statement that no more press conferences would be held unless there was a break in the case.

Depends on intention, but West of Hatch park (under the freeway) is basically nothing of interest. It's essentially a mildly industrial park with a few newer subdivisions. After a few miles you hit the edge of the Great Salt Lake. My money would be on going to one of the nice houses up above Eaglewood Golf Course. The neighbors up there are super nosey and would notice a random car arriving at 3am (the lyft), especially if it dropped off a young blonde girl.

I had friends in high school that lived around there and they were always caught by the neighbors sneaking out at night.

BBM- that's what I think also.

Hello all. I've been trying to get caught up on this thread but its proving to be nearly impossible! I made it halfway through #3 then realized y'all are well into #4 already! It's been moving fast.

What are the new details from today?

Pictures of ML at airport/still no description of car or person at park/waiting on phone records

Exactly that kind of thing. But what we don't know is if she found someone else's property or if someone found her property.

Regardless, the Assistant Chief had said that they don't think any of those contacts with her have any connection to what is going on now.
He said she picked up found property which would indicate something of hers had been found & turned in at the pd.
An example, my daughter left her wallet in a shopping cart in a store parking lot. Someone found it, cleared out the cash and then tossed it onto the side of a near by road. The next day someone walking along that road found it, picked it up and brought it into the local pd. They then contacted my daughter who had to go down to the pd to pick it up.

Depends on intention, but West of Hatch park (under the freeway) is basically nothing of interest. It's essentially a mildly industrial park with a few newer subdivisions. After a few miles you hit the edge of the Great Salt Lake. My money would be on going to one of the nice houses up above Eaglewood Golf Course. The neighbors up there are super nosey and would notice a random car arriving at 3am (the lyft), especially if it dropped off a young blonde girl.

I had friends in high school that lived around there and they were always caught by the neighbors sneaking out at night.
BBM Any camera's on the way that you know of?

You are absolutely right, but this could be used as a HUGE clue. If male their are definitely generational differences. I would say older men would be more likely to get out and help where younger men not so much. Also gives a clue about it being a stranger vs someone she knew. Young or old I would think someone meeting her for the first time would probably be more apt to try and make a good first impression and be helpful helperton..just thinking out loud. All JMO

Where is the link with the lyft driver indicating that the driver of the vehicle Kenzie met up with didn’t get out of the car? I remember the LE saying contact was made with the person Kenzie was meeting.

Last edited:
Is there a link I missed saying the lyft driver is a female?
And I understand what you are saying here, that the person she met at the park could be female.
TIA
Chi
They haven’t come right out and said if the Lyft driver was male or female. However, the spokesperson at the PC used the word “he” when referring to the Lyft driver.

Locals: just how close is the PD by the park? Is it within range that someone driving to the park would drive by the PD?

If so, all PD have cameras outside (federal requirement) so they should be able to track time before and after the drop off and look to see the vehicles entering the park or at least driving by the park at that hour.

Just a thought and MOO

Question for locals - how well known is this park, in general? What sort of people, in the normal course of their daily lives, might go to this particular park (for example, after-school sports, jogging, walking dogs, picnics on weekends, etc)? What sort of reputation does the park have? Is it known for any special activities, features, events?

Also, would this park be a well-known place to students like ML?

The park had to be the idea of either ML or the person she met, or both. So we need to know what either of them might have thought about this particular place. TIA

Is there a link I missed saying the lyft driver is a female?
And I understand what you are saying here, that the person she met at the park could be female.
TIA
Chi
Not sure we know one way or the other about the driver. The Lyft driver being female may explain why this driver didn’t help ML with her luggage when she was dropped at the park. When I use Uber, the driver helps me both in and out of the vehicle, if I have bags.

Question for locals - how well known is this park, in general? What sort of people, in the normal course of their daily lives, might go to this particular park (for example, after-school sports, jogging, walking dogs, picnics on weekends, etc)? What sort of reputation does the park have? Is it known for any special activities, features, events? TIA

Not well known. Very small locals park. No one from Salt Lake would know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong