Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your SO travel with a phone dedicated for Lyft and another phone for private, personal use?
I know this wasn't directed to me, but I can say that I only have one phone, and the handful of my friends who Rideshare only have their one phone with them. Not sure I follow, but just thought I'd give my .02.

I have wondered about this myself.

It would be great if a local who has the lyft app could try an experiment and see if you can enter "hatch park" as your destination.

In my life experience with Lyft and Uber, I can put in the name of a place, say a restaurant and it will GPS link to that location without me needing a specific address. I always do this since unless I’m taking a ride share to a friends house, I absolutely do not have addresses memorized enough to put them into the apps.

MOO.

Why is that "logical"?
We know that Kenzie, at some point, participated in websites where you meet up with people you don't know.
How would it be any different to meet up with someone from LA?
By all accounts, meeting someone she did not know in the middle of the night would be out of character for her.
She seemed to be familiar with the person she met up with in the park, according to the comments by the Lyft driver.
Also, she did not appear to be dressed to meet someone for the first time in the still shots from the airport. She looked very casual to me.
I think she knew the person. Maybe not well, but I doubt very much this was a first meeting. Imo

Because it possible the driver unloaded the bags from his car and loaded them into the other vehicle...and then develops amnesia. After all it's been four whole days since he dropped off a young and very attractive single female in the middle of nowhere at three in the morning. Nope...don't recall anything about other vehicle or driver. Professional drivers are very aware of other vehicles, makes and models. I think a little more digging re this exchange is reasonable.

We don't know that the driver developed amnesia. There may be a reason this info is being held back.

Oh and Uber and Lyft drivers generally do not tote people's luggage around. They may help lift it in or out of their own cars but they're not the same as taxi drivers.

Although a cute young woman like her might indeed get some special treatment.

Agree. I used to be the kind of person who always over-packed because I liked having different outfits to choose from...would always back swimwear, gym clothes, etc. If I was staying in a hotel + if you're a girl you have to tote make-up, hair tools, etc.

IMO its not unusual for her to pack a larger bag. Many women do.

Let us not forget that ML attended her grandmother's funeral... it is possible ML was at that time given some family keepsakes, clothing and/or other items that once belonged to the grandmother... which could explain the seemingly-fully(overly?)-packed luggage.

...wondering if that is so, were there items of 'value' and did the "unknown person" decide they wanted the item(s), maybe to sell?

I've known Kenzie since 2011 at the latest.. (working on being a verified member).
Kenzie has been very open about no longer being very religious (i.e. not attending church) but has never been hostile to those who still do. For example, a close friend of hers recently got married at the temple in Los Angeles and she was in the bridal party. Likewise, her family is very supportive of her regardless of church activity. Some of her siblings don't attend church or adhere to the teachings and it's never been a big deal for the family or friends.

Sometimes they visit the home, it depends. Being as she was out of state it's likely that no one has visited her since she has been in school unless they have come across her or a friend/family member specifically sent them to Kenzie.

Also, since this post has exploded since I checked earlier, not sure if it's still relevant but Kenzie and I have ended up on the same flight from Los Angeles to Salt Lake several times coincidentally. As for the timing of her arrival and later departure, as previously mentioned it is very common for Southwest to be delayed (especially on flights later at night). Seeing as in airport photos she was carrying a bag and a backpack (two carry-0n items) her larger suitcase was probably checked meaning after the plane landed (1:35 A.M.) she still had to wait to be taxied, unloaded from the plane, and wait for baggage. This makes sense with the timeline that she ordered the Lyft at 2:42 A.M. It is not uncommon for it to take around that time (especially since it is a smaller airport and baggage claim is not huge).

Some Southwest flights have had phone chargers available and others have not. Depends on the newness of the plane. In my mind, it could be she turned her phone off after she met someone at the park of her phone eventually ran it's course after exiting the Lyft and died.

Instagram:

I have seen her links to the private Instagram before (like 6-8 months). It was private back then. I know it was mentioned that maybe she made it private recently but as far as I've known about the account, it has been private.

Not sure if any of this is relevant anymore or helpful but...you work fast!
Welcome and thank you so much for joining Websleuths and going through the verification process. I look forward to hearing what you have to add to the discussion here. MOO

I know this wasn't directed to me, but I can say that I only have one phone, and the handful of my friends who Rideshare only have their one phone with them. Not sure I follow, but just thought I'd give my .02.
Spotters or talent scouts (might be called something different in you territory) carry extra phones to alert others

Agree. I used to be the kind of person who always over-packed because I liked having different outfits to choose from...would always back swimwear, gym clothes, etc. If I was staying in a hotel + if you're a girl you have to tote make-up, hair tools, etc.

IMO its not unusual for her to pack a larger bag. Many women do.
Yup! Samsies! I think it’s very common for women to pack A LOT!

The Lyft driver might have been preoccupied that night. Drop off girl at park, "have a nice night", sees her walk over to a car (sedan, truck, suv?), checks phone "oh someone else needs a ride", accepts the ride and is on his way, doesn't give Kenzie another thought. He may have given a vague description of a car "Maybe a Honda or Toyota. Maybe an Explorer or Escalade" Police can't really put out "maybes". IMO

I've known Kenzie since 2011 at the latest.. (working on being a verified member).
Kenzie has been very open about no longer being very religious (i.e. not attending church) but has never been hostile to those who still do. For example, a close friend of hers recently got married at the temple in Los Angeles and she was in the bridal party. Likewise, her family is very supportive of her regardless of church activity. Some of her siblings don't attend church or adhere to the teachings and it's never been a big deal for the family or friends.

Sometimes they visit the home, it depends. Being as she was out of state it's likely that no one has visited her since she has been in school unless they have come across her or a friend/family member specifically sent them to Kenzie.

Also, since this post has exploded since I checked earlier, not sure if it's still relevant but Kenzie and I have ended up on the same flight from Los Angeles to Salt Lake several times coincidentally. As for the timing of her arrival and later departure, as previously mentioned it is very common for Southwest to be delayed (especially on flights later at night). Seeing as in airport photos she was carrying a bag and a backpack (two carry-0n items) her larger suitcase was probably checked meaning after the plane landed (1:35 A.M.) she still had to wait to be taxied, unloaded from the plane, and wait for baggage. This makes sense with the timeline that she ordered the Lyft at 2:42 A.M. It is not uncommon for it to take around that time (especially since it is a smaller airport and baggage claim is not huge).

Some Southwest flights have had phone chargers available and others have not. Depends on the newness of the plane. In my mind, it could be she turned her phone off after she met someone at the park of her phone eventually ran it's course after exiting the Lyft and died.

Instagram:

I have seen her links to the private Instagram before (like 6-8 months). It was private back then. I know it was mentioned that maybe she made it private recently but as far as I've known about the account, it has been private.

Not sure if any of this is relevant anymore or helpful but...you work fast!

Thanks for being here! Love your screen name BTW.

Yes.

I think it's a bit like any victim, like Mollie Tibbetts or Jessica Ridgeway's mother. When there is zero evidence that the victim used drugs, I think it's more fantasy than sleuthing to discuss drugs. Just my opinion, of course.

If the answer to this question is no, then I don't understand the discussion:
Is there any evidence that Kenzie used drugs, legal or illegal, irresponsibly?​
NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics