Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My quick opinions/comments:
1. It seemed like it took a really long time for LE to investigate the park since the Lyft driver was cooperating from the beginning.
2. I don’t feel the Lyft driver is involved, and in my experience, they are very astute in observing details about their riders and drop off locations. Especially when the location is a park at 3am. Likely many details were provided that we don’t know about.
3. A second phone is typically only used for business or nefarious activities. Seems like too much effort for a college student, so I believe this is unlikely.
4. She seems smart enough to not meet a stranger at 3am in a park, so I believe they definitely knew each other well enough.
5. LE will track down who she was messaging in the next day or two via phone records.
6. My GF packs a suitcase that size for a weekend trip, so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

I know this wasn't directed to me, but I can say that I only have one phone, and the handful of my friends who Rideshare only have their one phone with them. Not sure I follow, but just thought I'd give my .02.
JMHO, but I'm guessing that most college students have only one phone. I think this is most likely. MOO

I live in SLC. That location is not really considered to be near Liberty Park. I would be surprised to hear anybody who lives in SLC to identify it that way.
I never said anything about it being near Liberty Park, only that it is the address I have for her.

I don't know where Liberty Park comes from as to where she lived. I know that was the location where her friends set up for everyone to meet the first time they were going out to post flyers.

@PommyMommy linked an article just a few moments ago where it says the apartment was in Trolley Square.

The address I have comes from a site that has address history on quite a bit of people but those can be out of date.

Agree. I used to be the kind of person who always over-packed because I liked having different outfits to choose from...would always back swimwear, gym clothes, etc. If I was staying in a hotel + if you're a girl you have to tote make-up, hair tools, etc.

IMO its not unusual for her to pack a larger bag. Many women do.
Then there's the shoes. A woman needs more than one pair of shoes so she can go walking, to the beach, and out to a nice restaurant. And shoes take up a lot of room in a suitcase.

If this is the case I don’t think he would stay away from his family 8 days unless he told his family he was going on a business trip and took ML with him possibly in a small private plane. A poster did mention there was a small airport not far from the Park

Oh, I don’t think he’s away from his family and holding her captive. I think she’s no longer with us and he went about his normal life.

He started looking into them online. What did you get? There's a huge price range for them. I told him after the past few cases involving/accusing Uber/Lyft drivers recently, the security of knowing you could potentially prove your innocence (yes I know you are not supposed to have to prove your innocence...innocent until proven guilty and all that...) Or in a case such as this, potentially help solve a crime or save a life had the other car been caught on camera, they're worth whatever they cost!
BBM. Completely agree!!

it's why we have surveillance cameras all over our houses. why not the vehicles we drive which can, consequently, be considered 'deadly weapons?

JMO

You're assuming the address you have is correct.
Person that provided map may have a different address.
MOO
Her roommates have been interviewed a few times already saying they live with her in a home they are renting neat Trolly Square mall which is two light rail stops from the UofU and roughly three blocks from Liberty Park.

Probably like many, I gave up trying to catch up and just jumped ahead. If anything I say was already covered, that is why :)

I found it very odd that the Assistant Chief said he only heard or knew about the cameras not working at the park from seeing it on NSLC's PD Twitter last night?? Do these departments not talk to nor work with each other? Why would the other department tweet this but not inform them?? Really odd if you ask me. And does that mean these cameras were never checked nor looked into or even thought of until seeing that last night? This makes no sense. This was said in response to a question at the PC.

I also do not believe they do not have more detail on the vehicle or person she met and that they have exhausted all avenues there. Or maybe I am just hopeful. I think they are simply not saying.

I have not eliminated the possibility of the Lyft driver, however, I am for now going with what they have said, that there is no reason to suspect that person but it remains a possibility to me in the back of my mind.

We know there is more footage from the airport that was not shown, that is a given I think.

I also have not eliminated the thought that she still may be missing voluntarily. As for the person not picking her up at the airport, maybe she did not want the person to come there could very well be another twist on that. If she wanted to go missing, the person picking her up seen on camera at the airport would help them find a trail as would possibly the direction the car headed from the airport, etc.

However, it appears it is likely foul play after she willingly and knowingly met someone in a park at 3 a.m. No victim blaming but that alone is, as multiple posters have said, odd to say the least and there is definitely a reason this location was chosen.

It is of note that no one has come forward when this has gotten this serious and well known, so that leans towards foul play definitely.

There is a real lack of information as to when her mid-terms were, first I think I heard finals, then it was mid-terms and then it was one mid-term and when she was to first work after returning is not real clear either. I almost wonder if she had a few free days since she was not reported missing until later in the week and she had every intent of taking her luggage and heading right off somewhere else with someone willingly, at first anyhow. And she was to turn around and head right back to California? I heard the wedding thing just like everyone but yesterday there was an article that said only some of her friends had mentioned a wedding and that no one else has stated that nor confirmed that. Was there perhaps another reason she was turning around and heading right back to California? To travel on a Sunday for a wedding seems unusual which I am just guessing would probably be on a Saturday--does she get time off of work and school that easily to travel that much? It can't make keeping up very easy, either financially or with grades.

How is it more than one camera does not work at a park that is near a police station? How convenient.

Does anyone have more information on the assault mentioned? He never said whether she was the victim of an assault or whether she assaulted someone, just that they do not believe it to be related. Or her found property--perhaps a wallet or a cell phone?

A long post but I have not posted since yesterday :)

All jmo.

I'm still trying to figure out if she was writing finals or midterms. It is Spring / Summer session, most courses are condensed and run 6 weeks. An exam in mid-June is usually a final exam. Spring / Summer students then start another course or two in the Summer semester (July -August).

Only someone from the Nursing program could answer the question. Maybe it was a midterm for a 4 month practicum, and maybe it was a final exam for the Spring semester.

Regardless, she missed an important exam and she missed work, she didn't return home after a flight and - why did it take 3 days for anyone to sound the alarm? I don't understand that, unless this sort of thing happened before - where no one knew where she was but she turned up, so everyone waited a couple of days to do something.

Yes. If police can access all social media sites and cell phone records, they will know who she has been talking to (not sure about snapchat, whatsapp is encrypted). In fact, if another friend who met her at a park comes forward, it will help police identify how she communicates and with whom. For example, she might start on a dating website, and then shift to something more encrypted or that disappears quickly.

Given what we know so far, I think it's fair to say that their must be a hidden digital trail.

It seems like she isn’t overly concerned about hiding her social media activities. Her alternate IG is tied to her regular account. Hopefully, she handled her communications the same way and the trail won’t be very hidden.

I spoke with a friend of ML's on fb and it seems that they really can't give out any details or speak on anything. All they can say is that she is missing. I was curious at first they were thinking that she was trying to be off the grid. Did they ever say what made them think that and what cause them to change their mind?

My biggest worry is that their communication was through Snapchat (or possible similar app). Snapchat communication is not permanent. :( Once it is sent, there is no recovering it...as far as I know.
What about if you have a warrant for the records? Surely Snapchat has captured the messages, nothing is gone forever on the internet, imo

I'm still trying to figure out if she was writing finals or midterms. It is Spring / Summer session, most courses are condensed and run 6 weeks. An exam in mid-June is usually a final exam. Spring / Summer students then start another course or two in the Summer semester (July -August).

Only someone from the Nursing program could answer the question. Maybe it was a midterm for a 4 month practicum, and maybe it was a final exam for the Spring semester.

Regardless, she missed an important exam and she missed work, she didn't return home after a flight and - why did it take 3 days for anyone to sound the alarm? I don't understand that, unless this sort of thing happened before - where no one knew where she was but she turned up, so everyone waited a couple of days to do something.

Summer classes where I teach run in three options:

Summer A: from mid-May to end of June
Summer B: from end of Jun to early August
Or
Summer C: from mid-May to early August

Based on reports I would guess she was in a course similar to Summer C where the midterm would fall a week ago (this is actually what happened in my courses this summer). This is logical and makes it a mid-term as reported and not a final.

MOO.

JMHO, but I'm guessing that most college students have only one phone. I think this is most likely. MOO
ML is a senior, she also holds down a job as a phlebotomist.
She's a busy, employed adult.
I think it's quite likely that Mackenzie has a second phone, if she has 'several' older men she spends time with (is it the roommate who said this?)

The park is very close to a police station

Do any of those shifts end about 1 or 2 am?
I don't think a cop would choose a park that close to his employment where co-workers coming and going could potentially identify his car - "that looks like so-and-so's car at the park... odd". KWIM? Although I'm SURE there's instances in the past where cops have been this careless. MOO

I just don't see a cop for this. JMO

I never said anything about it being near Liberty Park, only that it is the address I have for her.

I don't know where Liberty Park comes from as to where she lived. I know that was the location where her friends set up for everyone to meet the first time they were going out to post flyers.

@PommyMommy linked an article just a few moments ago where it says the apartment was in Trolley Square.

The address I have comes from a site that has address history on quite a bit of people but those can be out of date.

Seems both Trolley Square and last available address you posted are less than 2 miles from Liberty Park.

That's nearby according to my standards!

Perhaps also to party that drew the map tagging the park.

MOO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member