Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juvenile

Juvenile Active Member

My quick opinions/comments:
    1. It seemed like it took a really long time for LE to investigate the park since the Lyft driver was cooperating from the beginning.
    2. I don’t feel the Lyft driver is involved, and in my experience, they are very astute in observing details about their riders and drop off locations. Especially when the location is a park at 3am. Likely many details were provided that we don’t know about.
    3. A second phone is typically only used for business or nefarious activities. Seems like too much effort for a college student, so I believe this is unlikely.
    4. She seems smart enough to not meet a stranger at 3am in a park, so I believe they definitely knew each other well enough.
    5. LE will track down who she was messaging in the next day or two via phone records.
    6. My GF packs a suitcase that size for a weekend trip, so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

Alcina, SuziQ, 24Brix and 26 others like this.

2. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

Some of us would go to class smelling like a brewery. Toothpaste and mouthwash couldn’t cover up a night of partying.

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

You're assuming the address you have is correct.
    Person that provided map may have a different address.
    MOO

cody22, PommyMommy and MassGuy like this.
  4. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

JMHO, but I'm guessing that most college students have only one phone. I think this is most likely. MOO

5. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

I never said anything about it being near Liberty Park, only that it is the address I have for her.

I don't know where Liberty Park comes from as to where she lived. I know that was the location where her friends set up for everyone to meet the first time they were going out to post flyers.

@PommyMommy linked an article just a few moments ago where it says the apartment was in Trolley Square.

The address I have comes from a site that has address history on quite a bit of people but those can be out of date.

Gardener1850, cass523, cody22 and 3 others like this.
  6. Herat

Herat Way out West

The park is very close to a police station

Do any of those shifts end about 1 or 2 am?

7. klind55

klind55 Well-Known Member

From the beginning of her being reported missing it has been private. So it's not like it was open and in the last day or 2 it suddenly went private.

Amour4mi, Tarika, ClaireNC and 2 others like this.
  8. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Then there's the shoes. A woman needs more than one pair of shoes so she can go walking, to the beach, and out to a nice restaurant. And shoes take up a lot of room in a suitcase.

Alcina, 24Brix, Amour4mi and 8 others like this.
  9. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

Oh, I don’t think he’s away from his family and holding her captive. I think she’s no longer with us and he went about his normal life.

10. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

BBM. Completely agree!!

it's why we have surveillance cameras all over our houses. why not the vehicles we drive which can, consequently, be considered 'deadly weapons?

JMO

11. Jcscham

Jcscham Well-Known Member

Her roommates have been interviewed a few times already saying they live with her in a home they are renting neat Trolly Square mall which is two light rail stops from the UofU and roughly three blocks from Liberty Park.

girlhasnoname, Alcina, SuziQ and 9 others like this.
  12. otto

otto Verified Expert

I'm still trying to figure out if she was writing finals or midterms. It is Spring / Summer session, most courses are condensed and run 6 weeks. An exam in mid-June is usually a final exam. Spring / Summer students then start another course or two in the Summer semester (July -August).

Only someone from the Nursing program could answer the question. Maybe it was a midterm for a 4 month practicum, and maybe it was a final exam for the Spring semester.

Regardless, she missed an important exam and she missed work, she didn't return home after a flight and - why did it take 3 days for anyone to sound the alarm? I don't understand that, unless this sort of thing happened before - where no one knew where she was but she turned up, so everyone waited a couple of days to do something.

13. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

It seems like she isn’t overly concerned about hiding her social media activities. Her alternate IG is tied to her regular account. Hopefully, she handled her communications the same way and the trail won’t be very hidden.

14. Amour4mi

Amour4mi Active Member

I spoke with a friend of ML's on fb and it seems that they really can't give out any details or speak on anything. All they can say is that she is missing. I was curious at first they were thinking that she was trying to be off the grid. Did they ever say what made them think that and what cause them to change their mind?

SuziQ, Sunny123, 24Brix and 5 others like this.
  15. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

What about if you have a warrant for the records? Surely Snapchat has captured the messages, nothing is gone forever on the internet, imo

wary and Amour4mi like this.
  16. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

Summer classes where I teach run in three options:

Summer A: from mid-May to end of June
    Summer B: from end of Jun to early August
    Or
    Summer C: from mid-May to early August

Based on reports I would guess she was in a course similar to Summer C where the midterm would fall a week ago (this is actually what happened in my courses this summer). This is logical and makes it a mid-term as reported and not a final.

MOO.

17. shanadk

shanadk Well-Known Member

ML is a senior, she also holds down a job as a phlebotomist.
    She's a busy, employed adult.
    I think it's quite likely that Mackenzie has a second phone, if she has 'several' older men she spends time with (is it the roommate who said this?)

18. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

I don't think a cop would choose a park that close to his employment where co-workers coming and going could potentially identify his car - "that looks like so-and-so's car at the park... odd". KWIM? Although I'm SURE there's instances in the past where cops have been this careless. MOO

I just don't see a cop for this. JMO

Alcina, kgreg2529, Amour4mi and 15 others like this.
  19. klind55

klind55 Well-Known Member

So it was mentioned her family is staying in Ca for the time being. I don't get this at all. I just don't.

20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Seems both Trolley Square and last available address you posted are less than 2 miles from Liberty Park.

That's nearby according to my standards!

Perhaps also to party that drew the map tagging the park.

MOO :)

Kapua, Gardener1850, EmilyVan and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.