Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Hi poppydarling. Thank you for your input. I do have a couple of questions. How safe do you think it is for a female to engage in this and how anonymous are the websites they use? From the female stand point I see a lot of vulnerability so am curious as to how they "vet" the arrangements.

2. smalleagles

smalleagles Well-Known Member

so much of this!!! thank you so much @poppydarling for sharing your expertise. As someone a little younger than Kenzie (a college student) I have many friends who have engaged in this kind of exchange/relationship, and it's really never thought of as out of the ordinary these days. It really has no shameful connotations, at least among the generation Kenzie and I are a part of.

joejs89, Mo Thuairim, Alcina and 17 others like this.
  3. TristanP

TristanP Well-Known Member

Personally I think a relationship like this could be awesome, because expectations are pretty clear which isn’t always the case in relationships! But then I think that I’d have to be nice and give attention to another person and it exhausts me, so I stay single lol.

Kenzie seems to be doing exactly what is normal for a 23 year old young woman...figuring out what she wants in life. I just hope she will be able to return to finish figuring it out.

4. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that LE can check nearby cameras, cross-check when vehicles come in range of different cameras, and figure out which one stopped at the park. (In this day and age, why are security cameras so fuzzy!)

TristanP, DizzyB, JustMe93 and 3 others like this.
  5. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

I agree, pretty much why I wondered, why no alarm until a few days after her landing in Salt Lake. I also wondered if summer courses were not ending for her after that final(?) and she was possibly headed home for a longer period of time on the next trip she apparently already had booked in a few days. We just don't have much information on that or work hours, etc.

Jmo.

SaintGirl, MissMalowe and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  6. mfmfan77

mfmfan77 A Nancy Drew wannabe

I think the park was a convenient meeting spot for someone coming from the north. It seems to be right off an exit off of 15 (per Google maps) and it's easy access to get back on 15. IMO, this was chosen as the meeting-point because it was most convenient for the person meeting her

TristanP, angelainwi, Tarika and 2 others like this.
  7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It does. Thank you!

Tarika, EmilyVan, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
  8. heed101

heed101 Well-Known Member

How does the girl know if the man actually has $$ ?..or he's just a creep who pretends he is rich..sounds scary.

MFH, Hap, Skigh and 15 others like this.
  9. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

It has been reported that her apartment is in/near Trolley Square, Salt Lake City. Hatch Park is about 8.5 miles north in North Salt Lake. Google Maps

10. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Welcome! I’m very sorry for the situation that brought you here.

11. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

Thank you for taking the time to become verified poppydarling! Very interesting information!

Sunny123, gitana1, Elle*Bee and 8 others like this.
  12. DD8

DD8 Lost is not alone

I keep thinking this. Could there have been a car accident that has not been discovered yet?

13. Juvenile

Juvenile Active Member

This really surprises me since it seems like they are a close family. I don’t know any parents with the means that wouldn’t go help find their daughter. Not to victim blame, but this seems odd unless they have information as to there being no reason to worry/help.

MFH, angelainwi, mommylicious and 6 others like this.
  14. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

Thanks for the question. Generally speaking, it is safe. If this case does end up being in regard to her sugar lifestyle it would be the outlier. There are hundreds of thousands of individuals in the US alone who engage in the sugar lifestyle/exchange relationship and there quantity of victimization is fairly low. Especially compared to other relationship types. Being a young female certainly increases her risk- but the higher risk would be the time of day and location, plus her overall mental stability following trauma way above her sugar lifestyle.

15. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

Thank you SO much taking the time to become Verified. I have so much respect for what you wrote and agree 100%. ...off to start a fan club for you right now...

adot0902, gitana1, Gigi3 and 5 others like this.
  16. smalleagles

smalleagles Well-Known Member

haha, have to second this!

17. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

I think it was last year that I watched an episode of "This is Life with Lisa Ling" on this very subject. It was very well done and quite informative.

18. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

Good question. Just like most “traditional” relationship, sugar relationships do not exist in a vacuum. The girl (or boy- while more rare these do occur to all gendered combinations and sexual orientations) is not likely to immediate jump into exchanging goods for goods (essentially). She will vet the man, determine through small exchanges if he is legitimate or not. Then proceed from there.

It may be easier to think in terms of any online dating relationship. We like to think we are not being catfishes prior to meeting someone in real life...so we talk to them. Build some bonds, commonalities. Then maybe we ask for a selfie with them holding something they can’t photoshop. Maybe we ask to FaceTime. Then we met in person. The same rules apply to sugar relationships. It’s just nontraditional in structure.

19. otto

otto Verified Expert

True, but if someone knew about the cameras, it would be someone in the planning department, the parks department and the police department. In fact, it could be something that is generally knows. Alternatively, the person that picked Kenzie up may have parked away from the cameras - so it makes no difference.

20. klind55

klind55 Well-Known Member

Amour4mi and PommyMommy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.