Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

For what it is worth, I have been in communication with her verified friend @yellowmoose privately and believe I am informed about all aspects of her online engagement in this lifestyle.

2. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

I am a person who could not tell you what houses or businesses or parks have cameras nor would I probably be the type who could easily identify one if I did look. The reason I do not know? Because I am not doing anything wrong, so I could care less if there are cameras or not quite honestly.

So I agree that if someone wanted to avoid airport security cameras but was willing to go to the park, they KNEW the cameras did not work or were fake. Who would know that? I sure wouldn't just by looking at them and apparently people on here could not tell when finding photos of them either.

It does seem logical that the person may have known this.

Jmo.

TristanP, LucasDAP, wary and 2 others like this.
  3. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

I quite agree with this. Unfortunately, fake surveillance cameras are more commonplace than one might think.

4. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Do you think the sugar lifestyle has played into her missing? I guess for those of us who are just learning about this we see this as being a perfect opportunity to take advantage of a vulnerable person since it's anonymous.

5. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Going to alert this in case mods want to remove, but you don't find the hashtag #imdeadinside concerning?

6. klind55

klind55 Well-Known Member

The person who picked her up may not be the average person, we just don't know!

TristanP, Tarika, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
  7. poppydarling

In my opinion, it is possible someone she met through this lifestyle had played a role in her being missing. But that shouldn’t be confused with this lifestyle being a possibility she is missing. This isn’t, in my professional opinion, due to any sugar lifestyle participation, but more about someone she came into contact with. Just like not all people are bad, but it takes one bad person. Not all sugar daddies are bad, but one may be a bad person.

8. Schmitz5100

Schmitz5100 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I’m thinking the meeting could have started out innocent and whatever happened as the night progresses took a turn for the worse. Could have been a terrible accident. A night of “partying” (I’ll use that term broadly) and something gone wrong.
    t

gitana1, BelleIsle, Tarika and 4 others like this.
  9. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

would this person likely do this again, do you think? perhaps he's just getting his feet wet?

(yes, I'm wondering if we have a serial predator or one in the making)

MOO

10. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

I watched that episode as well. I was telling @Tricia about it. It was a very interesting episode.

11. calo44

calo44 Well-Known Member

@poppydarling,

You had posted this comment earlier (below), and I was hoping you could clarify a little. What type of situation would come to mind where LE w/b in touch w the person but couldn’t release info for fear of hurting them or others? I’m just not following...

Your comment (from several threads ago):

Based on my knowledge from my profession- I am starting to lean towards LE knowing, or suspecting where she is or at least who she was with.

I know we all think the Lyft ride was legit- but it’s possible LE doesn’t think that and don’t want to out the driver and play their cards just yet and Lyft is working with them.

It’s also possible, LE is in contact with ML but not prepared to disclose that due to her own safety or the safety of others yet. Her family may know which may explain their lack of urgency (seemingly, behind the scenes who knows).

I really think this isn’t voluntary but may not be foul play. In that grey area in between.

12. shanadk

shanadk Well-Known Member

ML is in the park....driven by a total stranger....at three o clock in the morning.....with an oversized suitcase.
    There are secrets here.
    Where there are secrets.... sometimes there are burner phones.

13. poppydarling

This comment I was referring to the possibility that she was not killed but was unsafe either because she is mentally unstable (or voicing self harming or suicidal thoughts to someone who in turn was trying to keep her safe by means of isolation and surveillance) or that LE knows who has her but is concerned that leaking that would put her in harms way.

This was prior to the presser.

14. bestill

I missed this, where did that hashtag come from?

15. ClockworkLemon

ClockworkLemon Well-Known Member

Definitely, we had an issue in San Francisco on the BART public trains. A crime was committed on the train, there are cameras but when law enforcement went to retrieve the recording it was discovered that some of the cameras are fake. I believe it’s pretty common.

16. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

A photo she posted on her pvt IG

17. otto

otto Verified Expert

Online dating and Tinder (or other dating apps) are very common and very popular. They are viewed as safe and part of normal social culture. My son (early 20s) recently had a Tinder date with a young woman. They met at a bar. She pretended to speak French. After 15 minutes, she asked if he liked double dates. Then another guy showed up and wanted to know what was going on. My son explained that he just met the girl. She wasn't French, she was pretending. Funny story after the fact.

I agree that dating apps can be very dangerous and very deceptive, but the majority view the apps as a socially normal alternative to meeting people in other ways.

18. thor87

thor87 Active Member

Not to belabor this point @poppydarling, but do you think people with nefarious intent may gravitate more toward using a "sugar baby" dating site over a traditional dating website? Do you think they may see these men or women as better targets? Maybe because they are potentially in need of money? Or...because the "sugar baby" would potentially allow for a little more anonymity if they were to indicate they could not reveal too much about themselves because the are rich, powerful, influential, etc.?

19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah, if you’ve ever watched that show “See No Evil” on ID Discovery, this sort of thing happens in every case they air.

Cameras don’t work, are of poor quality, or aren’t oriented correctly.

The workaround is to find working cameras that did capture something, which is certainly being attempted here.

20. bestill

Just like any other dating site, an opportunist may have struck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.