Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Interesting you say this. I won’t link or name names but there is a recent (this year) prior arrest of someone in LE there for soliciting prostitution and sexual battery. I’ve wondered if he had a profile. He’d know, I would assume, the situation with the cameras in the meetup area.

Please alert me if this violates TOS .

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019

2. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

In reality, her friends and sorority sisters are the reason there has been so much exposure. For reasons unbeknownst to the general public, the family has not come forth. It literally has been her “sisters” and concerned friends. Literally.
    MOO

3. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

This isn't someone random she met online that day imo.
    This was either/or someone she had an ongoing intimate relationship with, something to do with money, and/or something to do with possession and jealousy. Could it be anything else?

joejs89, cody22, LeeAnnB and 13 others like this.
  4. GoneGoldfishin'

GoneGoldfishin' Well-Known Member

Thank you so very much for this post.

Flurries, ilovechili, cody22 and 7 others like this.
  5. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Regardless of the fact that Kenzie was open about her lifestyle, it's possible that a SD insisted on a burner phone for discretion purposes, and perhaps bought one for her.

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It may not be her, but someone else that she is communicating with who wishes to be discreet.
    One of the conditions of a relationship may have been to use a separate phone or app (I don't know much about how SM or secret APPS work) requested by the other person. From what I've learned the conditions are worked out in advance.
    If someone wanted to keep his relationship a secret, he might require such measures to be taken. Just an idea as to why she used different accounts, or whatever they are. Imo

7. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

You absolutely nailed it. ❤️❤️❤️

ilovechili, LadyL, cody22 and 14 others like this.
  8. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

But the family has given messages to her friends to speak for them.
    But, I too am stumped by their lack of presence in the media. Perhaps there is something we don't know that they do.

9. dancemom

dancemom Well-Known Member

I'm very curious about her state of mind too. The age of 23 is a strange time - some peers who were all at similar places in life just a year ago are starting to go in many different directions. Some are going into prestigious graduate schools or landing dream jobs. Others are in serious relationships moving toward marriage. It can be discouraging to be the one who is still in school trying to make rent and figure out what comes next. Losing her grandmother and attending friends' weddings may bring up big emotions. Also, sometimes when extended families are together, there can be weirdness with relationships/ memories/ expectations. All of that makes me wonder if she was in a frame of mind to do something out of character, like run away for awhile, take unusual risks, bail out on her summer class, etc. I no longer think that a voluntary disappearance will be the whole story here, but it may have started that way.

10. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

Lyft driver said ML "made contact" with the person at the park and "seemed happy to see him." Doubt that would be the case if it were an angry woman sitting in the driver seat!

11. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

But I don't think she used a fake name. We saw her on FB giving advice on SB/SD relationships under her real name. And who is to say she gave out her phone number? She may only use the PM feature on the SM sites she used. She used a screen name, that's different than a fake name. We all have screen names here, don't we?

LadyL, Mo Thuairim, SuziQ and 2 others like this.
  12. zoso

zoso Well-Known Member

Totally get it. I'm such a light packer, any checked bag seems huge.

I never want help, but the driver ALWAYS gets out to remove the luggage. Even when I have said, "I got it, no worries." If I were the driver, I may have been a little creeped out, so I would have stayed put.

bluenoser and tacostacostacos like this.
  13. GordianKnot

GordianKnot New(ish) Member

Flip that around.

What if the people ML is in contact with are the ones who want burners used d/t privacy concerns?

The fact that ML seems fairly open and comfortable with her info being out there doesn't mean people she was seeing are as comfortable with her number showing up on their family plan, or their number being stored in her regular phone.

She ain't married, but someone she was seeing may have been. Some one or ones may have insisted any phone contact be via burners and/or furnished her with one.

The fact that LE has asked for any info re: other phones ML may have had tells me we shouldn't dismiss that as being a possibility.

JMO.

14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Reposting - from JUN 25
    Exclusive: Friend of missing 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck speaks out about disappearance
    [...]

"I know [the funeral] was a very traumatic event for her," KS added. "She was close with her grandma. She’s close with all of her family. And so, I had texted with her over that weekend, just letting her know that I was there for her, and if there was anything that I could do. But after that, I haven’t heard [anything]."

KS said she isn't aware of any alternative means to get ahold of Lueck and wasn't aware of the specifics surrounding her dating life.

"As far as I know, I have never even heard of that before. I don’t know anything about another phone," she said. "I cannot confirm that she was on dating apps. As far as I know, the detectives are doing everything that they can. But I have no comment on that as of right now."

"I miss her to death. I worry about her every night. I am still not sleeping. I woke up feeling sick today, so it’s taking a very big emotional toll on me. And everyone," KS concluded.

[...]

15. Roadette

Roadette Well-Known Member

You are free to have your opinion. I’m free to have mine as someone who may or may not have spent years meeting different people.

Just because people have acknowledged they do something doesn’t mean they want every Tom, Dick, and Harry knowing everything about them before they get a sense of who the person is. And messaging back and forth via PM isn’t going to get you anything except stood up and wasted time.

ilovechili, cody22 and kkdj like this.
  16. Blondiexoxo

Blondiexoxo Well-Known Member

Like I imagine some guy who’s got feelings for her but she’s made it clear she’s ‘unavailable’ right now and so not to hurt his feelings said shes not dating right now and reading those fb comments about how to get sugar daddies really enraged him and if she is an open person anyway and free spirited, especially if she considers this guy a close friend she might even discuss what she’s been doing with regards to SD’s sometimes he’d feel frustrated that he can’t have her.

I don’t care either way what lifestyle anyone likes to live aslong as they are happy, I don’t think anyone should be seen as less of a person or more deserving of any crime because they ‘should have been more careful’ no one asks to be murdered, the problem is the select few sick individuals who prey on women in vulnerable situations.

17. bellesnwhistles

bellesnwhistles Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm a bit behind has her SB profile been posted?

18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Wow, thanks. Trying to figure this stuff out is like learning a whole new language. :confused:

MOO.

girlhasnoname, LadyL, cody22 and 11 others like this.
  19. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

I believe I have been helping with reasonable discussion? I am totally aware talking about this activity of ML is relevant to the case. I haven’t been shutting any of that down? I just am trying to keep some of the sex worker stigmas out of this because that’s not what a sugar lifestyle is. I think a lot of you make valid points and have valid concerns. I can appreciate that you wouldn’t engage in these behaviors (in fact for what it’s worth I don’t either)- but having knowledge and understanding about them because they are happening, whether we like it or not, is necessary for any progress to be made in understanding the mentality of an individual in these relationship.

I hope that helps clarify what I find my role to be here. I study this for a living. I have citations to back up what I’m saying- I got verified so I don’t have to continually link work when this is second nature to me.

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Reposting - from JUN 25

'I text her and call her still,' says friend of missing student Mackenzie Lueck
    Family and friends say they’re doing everything they can to help police find Mackenzie Lueck.

“It’s been extremely hard,” said JC, Lueck’s friend who’s also serving as a family spokesperson. “I have my moments where I break down.”

JC is still trying to reach her friend more than a week after she dropped off the grid.

“I text her and call her still,” she said. “I check her location to see if it will pop up magically.”

[...]

“If it is true or isn’t true, the family and I really do not care,” she said. “We just want her home safe. We don’t care about the past. We don’t care what she’s gotten into or what has happened. We just want her home.”

[...]

girlhasnoname, LadyL, kodi and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.