Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhillyGal

PhillyGal Member

@poppydarling....have her friends looked into walking by the waterways, if possible, to see if they can find anything that may have belonged to her? Maybe her luggage, and/or bags? The large luggage would have been hard to rid of, in my opinion.

2. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I NEVER turn off my phone. I may turn the ringer off, but I don't turn off my phone.

Could things have gone bad almost immediately?

3. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

If ML phone was indeed powered off at the time she was dropped off at the park. It's easy to come to the conclusion the intent was to stop a digital tracking of her. Just like that.

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

A search warrant on her email provider may be their best hope of finding many of her apps.

Usually you need an email address to sign up for these things.

5. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

An astute obsever in another thread noted there was a cell tower almost across the street from the park

I have to assume it would pick up pings from every vehicle that passed on the freeway, but also phone pings from her Lyft, her phone, and the perp’s phone - assuming the perp called from there.

The time of the Lyft driver’s call could be used to pinpoint when the perp’s car was there, and if she contacted he perp as they were driving up. A lot of forensic communications searches for the FBI, but that’s what they are there for.

Also, perhaps a camera from the apt across the street caught headlights turning into the parking lot.

6. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

You are fine. It's a great thought.

7. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

We agree, I see. BBM

PommyMommy and MassGuy like this.
  8. jdog17

jdog17 Active Member

Not necessarily. Someone with nefarious motives would have quickly, immediately checked phone and powered it down and done everything he could to keep the phone out of her hands and keep anyone from knowing where she was.

9. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Just a thought ... could the person who was supposed to pick her up have not shown up or canceled (hence the long wait time before getting the Lyft) so she reached out to someone else (maybe one of her newer contacts) and they said they wouldn't drive all the way to the airport but would meet halfway at the park?

10. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

I do think some young ladies are not as worldly as they think they are. Many are actually naive, easily manipulated when thinking they are in control and thus not as careful as one needs to be on ANY dating site. Overconfident and taking risks perhaps because some previous meets have been successful. I am speaking in general terms and not specifically about the victim in this situation.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  11. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

"Has nothing to do, really, about ridesharing being a thing. It has to do with what his intentions were, and from what we can see, his intentions were not good. And, I think it has to do with avoiding cameras."

I'm thinking along the same lines too. Anyone would know that with security at airports as high as it is now, there would be camera's everywhere.

12. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

And that someone was taking an awful lot of care not to be traceable.

For example - the nearby cell tower is likely picking up signals from every passing vehicle, - does that serve to obscure the perp’s communications?

cody22, InTarzana, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
  13. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I don’t think she was moving home for summer. The summer classes go until the last day of July and fall classes start in August.

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

This may surprise you:

According to Seeking Arrangement’s data, 71 percent of the site’s users in Utah are Mormon. And, like our man Ron, 52.1 percent of sugar daddies in Salt Lake City are married. This statistic makes Salt Lake City the second-highest in the country for having cheating sugar daddies, right behind Birmingham, Ala., at 58.2 percent. bbm

Sugar Daddy

15. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

Yeah for years on end there were similar things too like Sideline right through your own cell phone. There have been ways for more than a decade to appear to be calling your wife from another state than the one you are in, etc. too. (she thinks you are in Ohio on a business trip but you are in Vegas with well, someone else). Just get online and run the call through a service that does that (many years back) (not even any cell phone or landline or phone needed).

For every one of these things though, there are ways to determine they were used or counter apps, just as there are for spamming a GPS system in a taxi and alternatively, determining if that was done.

The thing is though with some of these other numbers on an app on your phone, you are still making a call from your own cell phone. With a burner phone, that would not apply.

I give up keeping up here so do not know where this post will fall. Just my 2c worth.

All jmo.

cody22, JustMe93, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  16. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Trying to think positively here (it's hard!) but maybe this is a sign that she just went off grid.

TimesEight, Suglo, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

She texted her mom upon arrival - wonder what that text said exactly??

18. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

I’m struggling with that, too. Maybe the reporting is off (which is highly likely), but I agree with your reasoning on why the phone went off. I can’t imagine she was immediately harmed. If it’s true, I would lean towards her turning it off herself, and coupled with the rumor her parents don’t believe she’s in Utah, could be possible good news that she’s alive.

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Of course. It was just a social media rant anyhow, by probably a bored woman.

20. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

This thread is moving so fast it's so hard to keep up but I was wondering, do we think the FBI is involved means they think she may have been transported over state lines?? Isn't that typically when we see the FBI step in? I'm not saying every.single.time. but typically isn't that why FBI gets involved with MP cases?

mfmfan77, yellowmoose and kiaatcher like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.