Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amour4mi

Amour4mi Active Member

1) Do we know how ML traveled to and from the airport in Cali?
    2) Did she stay with her parents or any family members while in Cali?
    3) Is it possible that the parents know who she may possible be with and that the person isn't from Utah or in Utah?
    4) When looking at her pictures and the backgrounds has anyone noticed any thing significant that stands out? Example a picture or a bedroom that's not her bedroom? I'm currently looking at some pictures now but just thought I would ask before hand.

cody22, Utahmomof4, dotr and 2 others like this.
  2. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Not a likely scenario, but a possible one.. speculation, imo.
    Maybe Kenzie purchased something that was unavailable or cheaper than in SLC for somebody and met in the park (an easy to find meetup spot) to drop it off with the promise of a ride home from there.

Is anyone else from the school or area missing?
    If so, could it be they were in a car accident somewhere?

3. Corpus

Corpus Well-Known Member

Answer: In Utah, the cameras at red lights and on the Interstate do not record. There are no cameras at the bus stops. Businesses and the odd ring camera are going to be the only bet. If the person arrived from the north (headed south) and exited off the freeway, it's a quick left turn to arrive at Hatch Park. To continue south, they would go past a couple convenience stores and other businesses and that's it, back on HWY 89 and then I-15. If they were local to the area especially in the affluent area near the Eaglewood golf course, it would be a quick trip through the neighborhoods with not much in the way of surveillance cameras.

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I still think this could have been a SD, because the potential exists that this had been a relationship that had been going on for a period of time.

There could be a degree of familiarity and trust, that would make her comfortable meeting this person at that time, in that place, and wearing what she was wearing.

OldCop, cody22, Alcina and 21 others like this.
  5. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

Why not leave the phone on? It could have contributed to her safety, if only a little. Does she usually switch off her phone at night? The only justification that I see would be either low battery (though I assume she had a charger with her) or avoiding being tracked. If someone else took her phone and switched it off, wouldn't that freak her out?

MsBetsy, dotr and PommyMommy like this.
  6. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Well-Known Member

I really don't think this was meant to be a long term get together. She has a cat that needs to be dealt with. A midterm was looming. A wedding she was supposed to go to and work.

ML has a LOT going on in her life and these things are pressing. A midterm is not to be missed. A wedding you can blow off but she already had a ticket. Work? If you were "planning" a few days away, work would need to know.

Any meet up with anyone would have had to have been short.

MOO

7. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

And, if she knew him, maybe turning the phone off was something they'd already agreed to do when they met. To ensure privacy.

8. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Good point...wonder if neighborhood has any homes with cameras to capture vehicle?

9. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

LE could have obtained her phone records via a warrant by now. But if she was communicating with someone via an app, that is going to take longer and may not be recoverable at all.

cody22, Alcina, Mo Thuairim and 11 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

Ha! This reminds me of that viral Facebook post by that woman who claimed that human traffickers were trying to kidnap her kids in Ikea.

Like that Esurance ad says, “that’s not how it works. That’s not how any of this works.”

Kittybunny, cody22, Alcina and 17 others like this.
  11. savedabeez20

savedabeez20 Well-Known Member

They can only go through calls and texts since her phone is turned off. They have limitations on what they can and cannot access until they get warrants to begin searching things like her cloud data, SM apps, etc.

gitana1, Mo Thuairim, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  12. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

Hmm her phone powered down soon after making contact with this person. My guess (all MOO) is that the Lyft driver probably took off quickly after her getting out of the car and making contact with the other driver/car. He might have had another fare to pick up and had no reason to stick around. I am wondering if the mystery person was cordial or happy to see her but immediately overpowered her once she was in a closed/locked car and then powered her phone down so it wouldn't track her. All MOO

13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

14. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Unless her battery was running low and she put it in Airplane Mode. Or powered it down, intending it to be only a short time. She didn't need it any more at this point if she were meeting this person voluntarily.

I can't see anything violent happening that quickly. They needed to be well away from there before any intentional violence arose.

These points are all jmo

gitana1, 24Brix, Mo Thuairim and 4 others like this.
  15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Not in UTAH but Donna Cloud comes to mind for me. She supposedly had a date with someone she met online but when LE went to investigate it turned out she was never at the restaurant she told her family she was going to:
    TX - TX - Donna Cloud, 19, Kingwood, 25 Oct 2016

Blue Ridge, cody22, gitana1 and 8 others like this.
  16. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that would freak her out. So would being attacked. I don't think the phone being turned off was the worst thing that happened to her, ykwim?

jmo

jbacon, LaborDayRN, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  17. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

18. MassGuy

That could be big. If it’s the person who picked her up, he’s done.

If this was not planned, there may not have been efforts to conceal his identity.

cody22, Alcina, allboys and 34 others like this.
  19. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Great!! Dang, we want this solved ASAP!

Blue Ridge, wary, cody22 and 22 others like this.
  20. savedabeez20

savedabeez20 Well-Known Member

I find it odd that they say her phone turned off directly after the meet-up at the park...

gitana1, MsBetsy, Paulas88 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.