Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hi Curiousobserver,
    As Liltexans pointed out, the members are responsible for their posts. In fact, website owners are protected by a federal law from being sued for what other people say on their site.
    Of course anyone can be sued for any reason but as far as Websleuths being worried about getting sued I can assure you that is not the reason for our terms of service rules.

Basically we keep the names of people not named by the police off the forum because it is the right thing to do.
    Can you imagine if you are innocent of a crime and all of a sudden your name and all your info is all over the internet being accused of a crime? It could easily ruin your life.
    As owner I have the moral responsibility to try and do what is right.

We could allow more rumors, salacious details, more digging into background of those associated with a possible perp, all these kinds of things, and to boot, if we allowed all of these things our revenue would go up substantially... but we can't...it is not the right thing to do.

We sometimes fail but we do try our best to allow an open discussion along with doing what is right by our fellow human beings.
    Tricia

Kasmeer, VanillaRose, FLH and 77 others like this.

2. 24Brix

24Brix Well-Known Member

MOO and my speculation only but we may be looking at a friend-of-a-friend here.

I don’t believe ML was heavily into drugs per se. But she was coming back to exams after a stressful week and may have been looking for a “study aid” of some sort. It’s very common. If so, she may have texted a friend from the airport who said, I know someone who can help you out.

She could have contacted him, he gave her the park address for the meetup, and said he’d give her a lift home. And maybe she accepted the sketchy arrangement because they had a mutual friend.

100% speculation and 100% MOO.

ETA — another relevant quote...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

The owner of the home, who has lived there for a couple of years, previously lived in an apartment that is 0.2 miles away from Hatch Park in North Salt Lake, which is where Lueck was last seen. He has no criminal history in Utah, beyond some traffic citations.

4. nina318

nina318 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry, @yellowmoose. This could be one of my children. In fact, my oldest daughter just had a layover in SLC Sunday evening and arrived in BZN at 2:00 a.m. Please know you and ML's family and friends are in my prayers. And yes - this WS group is amazing!

5. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

According to this newscast, there was nobody renting the Airbnb during the time Mackenzie went missing. Just posting in case anyone was wondering if it could have been a guest that was staying there.

It sounds like the homeowner will be named a suspect soon. IMO

KUTV 2News

6. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

Just to recap for anyone looking for updates:
    1. THE LYFT DRIVER IS CLEARED. NOT A SUSPECT. NEVER WAS A SUSPECT.
    2. A house that happens to be used as an AirBNB is being searched
    3. The person who owns said house is being questioned BUT HAS NOT BEEN NAMED AS SUSPECT OR POI.
    4. The house that is being searched is completely unrelated to the "tip" someone posted about an AirBNB condo yesterday
    5. There is no indication as of yet that any of this is remotely related to the SB/SD lifestyle
    6. No person or persons of interest have been named at this time

7. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

Everybody responds differently. For me, I never am able to understand sobbing parents in front of cameras clutching pictures of their children and begging for their return, wiping their tears and answering questions from a pack of hungry reporters. When I see that I always think that if it were my child, I wouldn't be able to face a mob like that and put my mug on the TV. But, that's just me. From being acquainted with her mother, she's a private person; can't imagine her in front of cameras like that. Can't imagine her grief right now.

8. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Back a few pages, Seattle1 posted that although there hasn't been a time announced, reporters thought it might be at 10 a.m. As of now, still waiting...

Derek Petersen on Twitter
    Waiting for details from @SLCPD on the warrant served on missing person #MackenzieLueck #KSLTV
    [​IMG]
    7:56 AM - 27 Jun 2019 from Salt Lake City, UT

9. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the Arizona case of Michael & Tina Careccia buried in the b/yard. Night helicopter footage, tent, etc.
    Prayers for the family & friends.

10. Jcscham

Jcscham Well-Known Member

He lists himself as a author online and has a unusual name. Pic on SM website matches the pic of person on AirB&B and pic on back of book.

11. ClaireNC

Yes! Totally creeped me out too.

12. ClaireNC

Yes. I saw it. The mattress was a few days ago on Letgo and a box spring was listed on Facebook yesterday.

13. Piknik

Piknik Well-Known Member

14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

15. RobertLeroyParker

RobertLeroyParker Active Member

I am so glad there are sites like this about the case. Sites trying to protect the innocent and keep the speculation out. SM is overrun with a lot of horrid stuff about anyone that may or may not be involved. I wish every station would carry the statements by the Utah domestic violence group. There are some things that are down right bullying.

16. nina318

nina318 Well-Known Member

Yea - a real mastermind! Did any of the neighbors call LE regarding the fire? I sure would have called.

17. Logiccc

Logiccc Member

18. RobertLeroyParker

There are no suspects to my knowledge.

19. RobertLeroyParker

Look under the other room. Not deleted. There are 2 rooms at the house.

20. newmember

newmember Well-Known Member

completely agree. aside from drugs or some type of carpool situation to reach a destination (re friend of a friend/meeting others who are involved), the other logical park explanation, imo, is drama.

doesnt even matter if this is a sd/sb relationship, bf, male or female friend etc - a park at 3 am is a place many would assume they could meet without roommates, spouses etc overhearing/overseeing them to talk through some type of issue. our suspect may presented the park to Mackenzie with this logic knowing that from there, they would be isolated and he would be in control the rest of the evening

SuziQ, wary, dotr and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.