Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO and my speculation only but we may be looking at a friend-of-a-friend here.

I don’t believe ML was heavily into drugs per se. But she was coming back to exams after a stressful week and may have been looking for a “study aid” of some sort. It’s very common. If so, she may have texted a friend from the airport who said, I know someone who can help you out.

She could have contacted him, he gave her the park address for the meetup, and said he’d give her a lift home. And maybe she accepted the sketchy arrangement because they had a mutual friend.

100% speculation and 100% MOO.

ETA — another relevant quote...
That is a reasonable scenario.

We don't know ML's connection with the homeowner. It seems obvious that she knew him well enough to meet him alone at 3AM without fear. But why not just take the Lyft to the guys house, or have him pick her up at the airport. The car transfer is odd.

It seems likely that the car transfer was the perp's idea. Was ML's phone being turned off his idea as well? Probably, and it is not something a woman would normally do, so ML may have been incapacitated shortly getting in the 2nd car.
If the Lyft had taken her directly to his house, the Lyft driver would have had the address and police would have been investigating him much sooner. I believe he didn't want to pick her up at the airport because he didn't want his vehicle on camera and wanted to avoid any human witnesses.

I've seen this guy's muscles, and all it would have taken was one punch to incapacitate Kenzie completely.

Ladd Egan on Twitter
NEW: "Victim blaming and shaming is inappropriate and unacceptable" Utah Domestic Violence Coalition releases statement about #MacKenzieLueck missing person case. "Our focus should solely be on the safety and wellbeing of Mackenzie Lueck." @KSL5TV @KSLcom @kslnewsradio @UtahDv
D-EXafCU4AA8yY0.jpg

6:31 AM - 27 Jun 2019 from Salt Lake City, UT

Last edited:
But why the meet up in the park? He could have picked her at the airport (apprx 20 minute ride) or she could ask Lyft to take her to straight to his house - additional 5 minutes. What possessed her to meet at a dark park at 3AM?

Too many cameras at the airport. I'm sure he made up a plausible reason that made sense to ML at the time.

I have been following this case for awhile and I lurk on websleuths often. It's unfortunate to see the posts demeaning this woman online and in other social circles. Some of the rumors are just unbelievable. Just a horrible situation all around.

Felicia Martinez‏Verified account @FeliciaNews

A look into the backyard of the home where police were digging and had pop up tents in relation to missing 23 year old #MackenzieLueck. What did @slcpd find? We hope to find out sometime this morning. #ksltv

(Video)

Felicia Martinez on Twitter
Someone asked earlier if the tents were gone. This is a short, but very clear video of the back yard that shows where they were digging and that the tents are gone this morning. MOO

This isn't looking good :(

(Thanks to everyone that answered my question from last night)

I have been following this case for awhile and I lurk on websleuths often. It's unfortunate to see the posts demeaning this woman online and in other social circles. Some of the rumors are just unbelievable. Just a horrible situation all around.
Welcome to Websleuths, Mikewar1. :)

This is just one of the reasons so many of us love it here! Thanks for joining us. MOO

MOO did anyone see a coroners van?
Hopefully the search warrant uncovers evidence to lead to right answer.

Someone asked earlier if the tents were gone. This is a short, but very clear video of the back yard that shows where they were digging and that the tents are gone this morning. MOO
Thanks @PommyMommy - looks like everything was cleared out based on the tweet posted upthread. I wonder if any reporters will remain to see when the homeowner/occupant(s) return?

Even when you have a hunch what the outcome will be, it's still a punch in the gut when it starts to unfold.

Now we have the methodical work of crime scene investigators.

Whatever happened to poor ML I believe happened within a short time frame of her being picked up at the park. I don't believe this was a stranger to her but someone she thought was a friend, someone to hang out with so she didn't have to go straight home after a loved ones funeral and super early AM flight. She would have been starting her normal day and routine soon.

I don't believe she's at the location they are searching but they will find her. Considering LE only got this case last Thurs/Fri, they moved fast.

I believe they have a dedicated team right now that's working on little sleep, caffeine and a whole lot of "this poor girl did not deserve this" determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member