Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Bumping this up in case anyone missed this.

2. pjsmommy1215

pjsmommy1215 Well-Known Member

could be something like he said, hey im taking a walk right now in the park with my dogs? went out to clear my head etc.... get dropped off here and we can drive home from here.

margarita25, SuziQ, TTF14 and 5 others like this.
  3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

If he also knew about the funeral and her return in the very early am hours - yes, he could have marked it unavailable for a number of days - but he had a guest show up Wednesday (yesterday) so at some point that particular day was marked available for rent. MSM posted upthread about the renter on Wed.

Curious - if he (they) knew about the funeral did they also know about the Wedding - ? were they hoping for more time before she was reported?

4. mfmfan77

mfmfan77 A Nancy Drew wannabe

You must be on a different Twitter profile -- the one we were talking about is old and no longer updated. It might not even be related to this case

5. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

Network - for what?

That's an awful lot of ammo. I just get a creepy feeling about this entire setup

6. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Probably due to smoke inhalation.

JMO.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Teche, crhedBngr, EmilyVan and 12 others like this.
  7. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I’ve thought the same thing—and realistically, how often do those: “please bring back my daughter” interviews help. Has there EVER been a case where they helped?

8. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

Very possible. If they are still in California it’s an hour earlier there. Or they are waiting until they have something to announce, such as an arrest or confirmation they have found her. I’m sure we’ll hear from them one way or another today, even if it’s just what we got last night. Too much media attention not to hold one.

wary, dotr, lisa122473 and 1 other person like this.
  9. AnnaGrace

AnnaGrace Well-Known Member

I'm finally caught up again and getting ready to be behind again. This girl has to work now for an hour or so. This is certainly not the turn I wanted but is what I expected. It's so sad. My thoughts are with Kenzie's family and friends today.

10. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

I own an AR 15. The magazine holds 30 rounds. Ammo is expensive so AR 15 owners buy it in bulk in a "box" not one of the tiny cardboard boxes holding 20 rounds. The bulk boxes are approx $100. Some bulk boxes hold 1000 rounds and are $300. I assume this guy owned a bulk box because that's what AR 15 owners buy.

11. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

And clean up products inhaled. IMO

margarita25, whoizzit, dotr and 7 others like this.
  12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Also the fact that he met her at the park, rather than having Lyft bring her to his house, seems to indicate premeditation.

13. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

The situation to me seems like it is setting up to have been very cold and calculated, well planned and premeditated. A scenario where the person/people set it up where they could play things out like they wanted. A fantasy for them?
    I don’t think it was just friends or semi-friends meeting up and something going awry.
    I hope I am very wrong, but I fear either way it’s going to be a sad outcome.

14. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

Thank you! My thoughts precisely.

I wouldn't spend a night there if someone paid ME.

Looked like a dorm room gone to seed. moo.

15. trujac

trujac Well-Known Member

There are a lot of Lyft and Uber safety related articles published giving riders the advice that they should not have either ride service pick them up or drop them off at their place of residence--the safety advice is to arrange the pick up and drop off a block from your home; the 3am park meet up might have initially started out as a way for ML to avoid having the Lyft driver take her directly home...and it also made sense not to have the Lyft driver drop her off at the abductor's house for the same reason...

16. zoso

zoso Well-Known Member

I keep thinking it’s some kind of seedy little syndicate. I have no proof really, just a hunch.

margarita25, InTarzana, Dre and 6 others like this.
  17. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

The two are used very similarly and there is some fuzzy grey area but for some PD’s they are one and the same. Both essentially mean the police are depriving you of freedom involuntarily.

However one minor difference is that a suspect can be held “in custody” for questioning but not be under arrest meaning they are holding the person for X length of time to inquire them but the person can get up and leave if they want at the moment and after X length, police have to free you from custody or formally arrest you with probable cause that you committed a crime. X length varies by offense type, state, etc.

It also can mean that instead of you being free at your home with police watching or monitoring you (“under surveillance”), you are physically in the presence of police at all times.

Like I said, very thin line of difference and some grey area.

18. i'm someone

i'm someone nope, forever a new member, moo

In one of the books about Ted Bundy, it was said that 9/10 of his victims had had a stressful or traumatizing experience within a close range of their abduction. Predatory people don't work like normal people, they look for people who are particularly vulnerable. Sometimes, like in this case, it's obvious there's been a personal tragedy, but those who prey on others can see past even a poker face. JMO of a theory.

19. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

Or a good old-fashioned and completely warranted panic attack.

If he's responsible, I hope it lasts for eternity.

20. wary

wary Well-Known Member

No, it’s still there. Part of: “20 other reviews.” So, between it seeming to review another property, and the owner reviewing the reviewer as a tenant, I think it’s all just nothing. The phrase used is a common idiom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.