Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oksooner

oksooner Member

Hopefully not. Usually when the FBI gets involved cases come to a standstill

cody22 likes this.

2. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Well-Known Member

it is a fair common idiom, however in this case it just seems really creepy and too coincidental. but stranger things have happened. i'd be really curious to know when they review was posted.

3. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Very good point about media attention. And in this case, the police could feel confident that they would break the case as soon as they got warrants for her communications. So, I’d guess that they compassionately told the family that they didn’t need to do anything.

You’re right—it’s unimaginably horrible for them.

4. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

BBM

We can't be overly sensitive or we are wasting our time here. What you stated above matters, we need to figure out why ML met with this guy at 3AM in order to put the pieces of that night together. Not victim shaming in any sense.

Stating what ML did for financial gain with older men, if proven true, is not victim shaming. Even if this ends up not being a factor in the events of that night.

Victim shaming is providing negative commentary on facts related to a crime victim, as I understand it. Or coming up with theories that cast a victim in a negative light, ie drugs are involved when there is no evidence of this. WS and the posters do a pretty good job of separating facts and negative commentary.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  5. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

6. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

SLC PD chiefs quotes were very telling. To me he said a lot without saying much. He was quoted as saying the warrant had a “nexus” to ML case meaning strong connection so police clearly seem to believe either ML was at the home, the person she was with was or both.

He also said “given the nature of this case, we don’t want to make a mistake” which is heartbreaking because that says to me he is indicating she’s not alive and met her tragic end there, police know this but are making sure they do everything by the book to nail their suspect.

Everything at this point indicates we will be getting the expected but undesired outcome. God Bless ML and her family/friends :(

7. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

I'd hunker down under a highway overpass with a cardboard box before I'd spend a night in that dump.

Looking at that bedroom made my flesh crawl.

8. i'm someone

i'm someone nope, forever a new member, moo

I agree with this totally. I am just finding out the many ways my young niece who is a minor can get online and into groups. If anything happened to her, I would not blame her but I would feel like I wished someone would have mentioned these things were potentially out there. This is not victim shaming, it's being forewarned and forearmed.

9. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

I typically call that a case of ammo and the 20 round packaged a box. Not a big deal what they are called. Cases of .223/5.56mm aren't a lot cheaper than by the box, some are bulk packaged with no box. Anyway, I have built 3 AR-15 and have owned 4 and never bought bulk or by the cases. And no respectable AR-15 owner uses TulAmmo in a gun they want to take care of. It's hard on the barrel grooves and the casing is not brass, wears parts, and is under powered plinking ammo. That being said, I respect how you buy your ammo and not trying to be argumentative. The ammo may have no relevance in this case.

Edit - @Gunslinging Granny I may be a cheap-o lol

10. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I would have to go back and listen but I seem to recall it being mentioned in one of the very early videos that there were a number of agencies present, one being the FBI. No link at the moment, so JMO. (And, hopefully it's in the media thread!)

AnnaGrace, Steelslady, Suglo and 3 others like this.
  11. mrstfs

mrstfs Well-Known Member

The review was posted on June 9.

12. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

I saw two units being rented: One for $34 and the other for $27. Those prices are so cheap, I would really be worried about who stayed in there either with me or before me.

I can't believe a woman alone would want to stay there, even from the pictures and the reviews about the sparseness ( not the fashionable minimalism, but the lack of a table, a shelf, the shower, etc.)

rootbeer, margarita25, Teche and 9 others like this.
  13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I just learned this last night after the confusion.
    Custody means surveillance or restriction on the movement of the person concerned.
    In every arrest there is a custody but the converse of that is not true, not every custody results in arrest. Imo

14. DoABarrelRoll

DoABarrelRoll #JusticeForKyron

Is a PC imminent? If so, is it scheduled to begin at a certain time, or is it one of those “we’re awaiting an update from LE at some point soon”?

lisa122473, cody22 and GordianKnot like this.
  15. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

16. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I think—hope I’m right—that the fact that the police did such a dramatic—and media-covered—search at the house, I think that made the house fair game for discussion.

17. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

And in this case her friends and sorority sisters did an amazing job of gaining media attention early on. Thus, sparing the family. My heart breaks for them, too.

18. doyoulovemepfg

doyoulovemepfg #JusticeForKenzie

Yes. I think the house is fair game per the rules, given that it was mentioned in MSM. Since the owner of the house was not named as a POI, he still cannot be sleuthed.

19. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

27 boxes isn't really all that much to have, 27 bulk boxes however would be an insane amount to have. Looks like he had a bulk box that was half empty which is about normal

kgreg2529, SuperTmo, Zella and 2 others like this.
  20. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.