Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuddyTires

MuddyTires Well-Known Member

Possibly, but I don't think it's likely. I think it's a stale address. Looks like the current homeowner bought in 2017. B & B dates back to 2002 and a name associated with that entity in Utah's business records is associated with other moving/storage companies in Utah, and he's at a different address.

2. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I just find it odd that she asked to be dropped off at the park at 3 am.

3. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Some have mentioned they never heard of AirB&B. It's all new to a lot of us. Couch Surfing hit a new low for me. Now that's really scary and stranger danger for sure but more and more young people are jumping right in. Yipes!

4. Coquette

Coquette Observer

As we say learned from the Brenda Delgado case, that is not always the case. She had family in Mexico. It was almost a given she'd flee to Mexico and she did just that.

5. Muffin0326

Muffin0326 Active Member

I got the impression that it was posted online as free and arrangements were made to come get it. But still....gross.

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think they said he was from Somalia, but I doubt he is going anywhere. Imo

epiphany, Kapua, Dre and 1 other person like this.
  7. utmomof2

utmomof2 Active Member

In my opinion, dumping a body in the Great Salt Lake isn’t very likely. However, the Jordan River runs nearby to the residence and, sadly, has a history of having bodies dumped in it.

8. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

I just want to give you a big hi-five! Talking about the facts of a case or person such as their online dating etc. is one thing but when you attach emotional judgments such as using the words, "risky" or "reckless" is when it moves into victim blaming. The fact is all women, just regardless of our existence, are at risk. You could be wearing an oversized hoody in broad daylight in a park and still be the victim of a SA. You could be innocently coming out of a grocery store and be followed and murdered. You could be a wife of a man that wants out of the marriage for whatever reason and be killed, or, you could be using Tinder or other like apps and be met with an awful fate. Women face potentially being victims every day just because we are women. So, when MSM or others try to assert that lifestyle choices, clothing, where they were walking, etc. is in part why they became victims it is taking the responsibility off of the person who committed the crime and putting it on the victim. Stick to the facts it's essential to know how a person got to the place they did when looking at these cases but keep those judgments of risky or reckless out of it lest it turns towards victim blaming.

9. creepcrusher

creepcrusher ✭Lifetime WILD BOAR Fan✭ Oink Oink ⚽️

If this was a friends with benefits situation I just don’t see them meeting at a park at nearly 3:00 am. Why not meet at the house? There’s something sketchy about the park meet up imo.

10. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson Well-Known Idiot

So the fact that her account started following the fatherless acct yesterday is what lead to that house? That's kind of what that quote sounds like.

11. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

I know it seems gross and many wouldn't want a used mattress but there are many people who can't afford a new mattress and do sleep on donated, thrift store or salvaged mattresses.

Edited to add: I know this is off topic but....New mattresses can have bed bugs. When the bed company drops off your new mattress, it may have been in a truck with a mattress that was taken out of someone's home. Also, there are many companies that will swap your mattress if it is uncomfortable up to 30 days-- they replace that mattress and put the uncomfy one on the truck. (Brand New Furniture with Bed Bugs? - Mass Bed Bug Busters, and Aurora man: New mattress came with bed bugs)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  12. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Police say homeowner is person of interest in missing Utah student case
    [​IMG]

The owner of an Airbnb searched extensively by Salt Lake police is now considered a "person of interest" in the disappearance of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, Chief Mike Brown announced Thursday.

But as of midmorning Thursday, no arrests had been made and the man, 31, was released from police custody after being questioned by detectives.

Also Thursday, Brown announced that police were looking for a box springs and mattress that the homeowner listed for "free" on the website "LetGo" five days ago. The chief wants whoever claimed that mattress to contact his detectives.

[...]

Police were even seen digging holes in the backyard of the house in the Fairpark neighborhood at 547 N. 1000 West. A car was also towed away from the scene by police.

[...]

The house being searched is listed as an Airbnb. Police have not said what led them to that house. The man also used to live in North Salt Lake near Hatch Park, according to court records.

Neighbors said the man who owns the house is quiet and mostly keeps to himself.

[...]

13. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Once arrested the clock immediately starts ticking. It's better to wait, and get it right rather than rushing.

Imo, since they are calling him a POI, and had enough probable cause to execute the warrants I think it's just a matter of time.

Imo, they have him under surveillance.

If they found any remains or what appears to be human remains such as loose teeth, charred bone fragments, etc. they will wait until DNA testing is completed so the victim can be positively identified.

They can't arrested him for murder until they identify irrefutably who the victim is by naming the victim on the charging indictment.

They can't assume who most likely is the victim. It must be confirmed.

They may have found what they believe to be more than one victim.

Prosecutors have three elements they must prove in all murder cases.

1. The positive identity of the victim or victims.

2. Their death was due to homicide..such as homicidal violence.

3. The accused is guilty BARD.

I don't think they have all of those required elements known to them yet.

Jmhoo

14. Zella

Zella Well-Known Member

I've seen both so am not sure which is true. I'd think if someone contacted him through social media or a posting to get it, it would be a lot easier to track down who has it, though.

LadyL, dotr and Dre like this.
  15. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

I don't get the feeling she's still at the house, based on how quickly the scene was processed and released. I suspect her belongings may be/have been. Perhaps that was what was burned.

There may have been physical evidence at the house that placed her there at some point (just guessing because of the ME van). All just my opinion.

There was one reporter that was really trying to get the Chief to state whether he though ML was deceased, but he wasn't taking the bait. I'm paraphrasing, but the reporter asked whether the Chief was "worried" about Kenzie to which the Chief replied, "of course."

A following question asked whether this was still a missing person case..., yes, per Chief. "An endangered missing person?" The Chief replied, "A Missing Person."

The way the Chief choked up when discussing Mr. Lueke makes me feel that he (the Chief) really isn't so optimistic. Again, JMO.

janewall, margarita25, wary and 15 others like this.
  16. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

Ahh, just a fantasy.

dotr likes this.
  17. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

The salt content in the Great Salt Lake keeps everything afloat. The Jordan is about a mile away. As a child, I played in Riverside Park with my cousins every summer.

18. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I honestly don't expect a response on this site but was just curious in general. Of course they should contact LE with any information.

MsBetsy and dotr like this.
  19. Muffin0326

Muffin0326 Active Member

I would think so too but maybe thats part of the lead. They do have a picture of the mattress so I was thinking they got tat from his social media. Does anyone know or are we allowed to say his name yet?

jpo74, dotr and Zella like this.
  20. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

I'm not going to judge the person who took the mattress. I don't know how dire their financial situation may be. They may not have had any other option but to look for a free mattress. They may actually be the one to provide the needed evidence in this case! Hopefully they will contact LE and didn't steam clean it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.