GUILTY UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 *ARREST* #20

@PaightenHarkins
Wow. Ajayi's attorney just said, for I think the first time publicly, that Ajayi and Lueck met on the website Seeking Arrangement. The attorney said that Ajayi had decided he would kill Lueck before they met up that night.

@PaightenHarkins
The attorney says Ajayi took steps "avoid documenting her presence in his home." He turned off his home security cameras, the attorney said. And we know that Lueck's phone was powered off at the park where they met.

@PaightenHarkins
He said that when Lueck arrived at Ajayi's home, he tried to strangle her with his hands. Lueck protested and told him to stop. He didn't and then choked her with a belt. Once she stopped moving, he buried her in his yard. He later burned her body and belongings there.

@PaightenHarkins
He later disinterred her body and moved it to a shallow grave in Logan Canyon. Police found that body after Ajayi's attorneys told investigators where it was.

@PaightenHarkins
So after the recounting of the facts of the case, and agreeing to then, Ajayi is officially entering his plea.
Agg murder: Guilty
Abuse desecration of human body: Guilty
Judge accepts the pleas.

@PaightenHarkins
In connection with the unrelated sexual abuse case, he pleaded guilty to a count of forcible sexual abuse.

He was originally charged with three counts of forcible sexual abuse and agg. kidnapping, but those were dismissed in this deal. More on that case:

Suspect in slaying of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck charged with kidnapping, sexually abusing...
The man accused of killing MacKenzie Lueck, a 23-year-old University of Utah student, has been charged with four new felony counts of kidnapping and sexually abusing another woman in March 2018.
sltrib.com

@PaightenHarkins
Judge accepts this plea too.

The 19 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor in the unrelated child *advertiser censored* case will be dismissed as part of this plea.

@PaightenHarkins
Prosecutors requested Oct. 23 for Ajayi's sentencing. They are thinking 3 p.m.

That means he's not going to be sentenced today.

@PaightenHarkins
And with that it's over.

https://twitter.com/PaightenHarkins/status/1313953570920644613

@PaightenHarkins
Wow. Ajayi's attorney just said, for I think the first time publicly, that Ajayi and Lueck met on the website Seeking Arrangement. The attorney said that Ajayi had decided he would kill Lueck before they met up that night.

@PaightenHarkins
The attorney says Ajayi took steps "avoid documenting her presence in his home." He turned off his home security cameras, the attorney said. And we know that Lueck's phone was powered off at the park where they met.

@PaightenHarkins
He said that when Lueck arrived at Ajayi's home, he tried to strangle her with his hands. Lueck protested and told him to stop. He didn't and then choked her with a belt. Once she stopped moving, he buried her in his yard. He later burned her body and belongings there.

@PaightenHarkins
He later disinterred her body and moved it to a shallow grave in Logan Canyon. Police found that body after Ajayi's attorneys told investigators where it was.

@PaightenHarkins
So after the recounting of the facts of the case, and agreeing to then, Ajayi is officially entering his plea.
Agg murder: Guilty
Abuse desecration of human body: Guilty
Judge accepts the pleas.

@PaightenHarkins
In connection with the unrelated sexual abuse case, he pleaded guilty to a count of forcible sexual abuse.

He was originally charged with three counts of forcible sexual abuse and agg. kidnapping, but those were dismissed in this deal. More on that case:

Suspect in slaying of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck charged with kidnapping, sexually abusing...
The man accused of killing MacKenzie Lueck, a 23-year-old University of Utah student, has been charged with four new felony counts of kidnapping and sexually abusing another woman in March 2018.
sltrib.com

@PaightenHarkins
Judge accepts this plea too.

The 19 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor in the unrelated child *advertiser censored* case will be dismissed as part of this plea.

@PaightenHarkins
Prosecutors requested Oct. 23 for Ajayi's sentencing. They are thinking 3 p.m.

That means he's not going to be sentenced today.

@PaightenHarkins
And with that it's over.

https://twitter.com/PaightenHarkins/status/1313953570920644613

What a creep.
He fooled so many people.
Thank goodness, there is nobody he can ever fool again.

What a creep.
He fooled so many people.
Thank goodness, there is nobody he can ever fool again.
Ita! I’m wondering if he negotiated the dropping of the child *advertiser censored* charges to fool his new circle of friends in prison. I’m guessing they’ll somehow know about those charges & that deal though.

Mackenzie Lueck killing: Man pleads guilty to aggravated murder of University of Utah student in exchange for life sentence

Oct 7, 2020

The plea deal takes the death penalty off the table, Gill said.

"Part of the plea agreement is that Ayoola Ajayi will spend his life in prison without the possibility of parole," Gill said.

Lueck was last seen on June 17, 2019. Her body was found tied up in a canyon with a hole in the side of her head. Lueck died of blunt force trauma to the skull, the medical examiner said.

Prosecutors say photos of Lueck were found on Ajayi's phone, although he claimed not to know her. Police found burned items in his backyard believed to be Lueck's.

Ajayi also pleaded guilty to a charge of Forcible Sex Abuse in a separate case, Gill said.

CNN has reached out to an attorney for Ajayi for comment.

Final sentencing is scheduled for October 23.

Lueck's parents were informed of the plea deal.

He’s a special kind of monster and by that I mean this is a rare sick twisted individual. Definitely a serial killer in the making IMO and living in Utah...devoutly religious Utah? What’s the expression wolf in the hen house? As per usual with many cases(notably columbine for ex) he was showing the warning signs months, years before.....reaching a slow boil. His book, the hooks in the basement project, the child *advertiser censored*, previous SA’s ....absolutely sick monster. Thank God he was caught before he could harm anyone else. God rest Kenzie’s soul....she never intended this outcome nor thought she was meeting up with this....evil. It’s frustrating the death penalty is off the table now...but at least the family/society gets the truth of what happened that night....and maybe LE, Psychologists, and the FBI can study him as they have with so many others....and attempt to prevent tragic outcomes like this one. My heart still breaks for Kenzie herself....sweet, well intended, fun and full of life....all of it stolen because of evil amongst us. Very sad. RIP and God Bless Kenzie.

Gardenista said:
snipped by me...

Are these BRAND NEW charges - or these are the ones he was already charged with on 8/20/19 where he plead guilty? TIA!

Mackenzie Lueck killing: Man pleads guilty to aggravated murder of University of Utah student in exchange for life sentence

Oct 7, 2020

The plea deal takes the death penalty off the table, Gill said.

"Part of the plea agreement is that Ayoola Ajayi will spend his life in prison without the possibility of parole," Gill said.

Lueck was last seen on June 17, 2019. Her body was found tied up in a canyon with a hole in the side of her head. Lueck died of blunt force trauma to the skull, the medical examiner said.

Prosecutors say photos of Lueck were found on Ajayi's phone, although he claimed not to know her. Police found burned items in his backyard believed to be Lueck's.

Ajayi also pleaded guilty to a charge of Forcible Sex Abuse in a separate case, Gill said.

CNN has reached out to an attorney for Ajayi for comment.

Final sentencing is scheduled for October 23.

Lueck's parents were informed of the plea deal.

Oh I'm so relieved to hear this. Certainly, he deserves the death penalty for this, but when I think of what a trial would force ML's family and friends to endure given the victim bashing/blaming that exists "out there" (not here, of course) regarding her "Seeking Arrangements" and all that, I hope it's a relief for them.

And yeah, he totally was a sick sadistic serial killer in the making.

I also glad the family will be spared from going through a trial and the details that would come out of it. But according to this news report, ML and AA met on SA in 2018. But their first in-person meeting was the night she was killed. Unbelievable!

So, she died of strangulation and not blunt force trauma. I wonder when she got the hole in her skull? Also, we don't really know what happened, do we? How/why was her phone turned off a minute after she got in his car? Did she agree to get tied up? Sounds like she only fought back AFTER she was tied up. How do you fight back when you're tied up? Rolling back and forth? Kicking out your legs? Why did she agree to go to his house with him? Did she balk when she saw his house? Did he use any kind of coercion to get her inside or to tie her up? Why were they meeting? For sex, money exchange, get to know you? I'm glad that her family doesn't have to go through a trial. They are intensely private. My son just saw Kenzie's brother recently, and said he seems to be doing okay but her parents will never recover, will they?

I also glad the family will be spared from going through a trial and the details that would come out of it. But according to this news report, ML and AA met on SA in 2018. But their first in-person meeting was the night she was killed. Unbelievable!

That actually makes sense to me. If she'd been talking to him for at least 6 months, she probably felt like she "knew" him and it was safe to meet up. We don't know if they had any type of arrangement, but I suspect its likely due to how they met, and that can breed a false sense of safety and feeling like you know and are comfortable with a person, even if you don't truly know them. moo

That actually makes sense to me. If she'd been talking to him for at least 6 months, she probably felt like she "knew" him and it was safe to meet up. We don't know if they had any type of arrangement, but I suspect its likely due to how they met, and that can breed a false sense of safety and feeling like you know and are comfortable with a person, even if you don't truly know them. moo

Also, I'm beginning to think that he tasered her as soon as she got in the car or otherwise incapacitated her. Otherwise, why would she turn off her phone a minute after meeting him? My son said he could think of no scenario where he would be asking a girl for her phone or to turn off her phone (especially at 3 AM in a deserted park). He said every girl he knew would just say no. Also, under what pretense did he convince her to take a Lyft to a park that's farther from the airport than his house? He could have lied and told her the park was a half-way point to his house. Otherwise, why would she agree to that? Wouldn't she just say she'd take the Lyft to his house? I mean, we know why HE didn't want that, but what reason did he give her not to take the Lyft directly to his house but to a park instead? Did she have no intention of going to his house at all? Seems too much of a coincidence that her phone went silent the minute after she gets in his car. Maybe the police got all this out of him during his confession. I would imagine they did. Guess I'll have to wait for the book - where's Ann Rule when you need her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back