Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s frustrating that this case hasn’t picked up steam yet.

It has all the elements of what should be a major news story, yet the coverage has been sparse thus far.

Either LE knows something we don’t, or an important opportunity is being lost.

It’s frustrating that this case hasn’t picked up steam yet.

It has all the elements of what should be a major news story, yet the coverage has been sparse thus far.

Either LE knows something we don’t, or an important opportunity is being lost.

I actually think it's the latter. It sounds like she wasn't missed by school friends until she missed her midterm exam. As for work, I don't know why a coworker or manager wouldn't have reported her missing. Perhaps she had some more days off work due to attending her grandmother's funeral out of state. And her parents got a text from her letting them know she had landed safely in SLC. They live out of state and she's an adult. They were likely not immediately worried.

I actually think it's the latter. It sounds like she wasn't missed by school friends until she missed her midterm exam. As for work, I don't know why a coworker or manager wouldn't have reported her missing. Perhaps she had some more days off work due to attending her grandmother's funeral out of state. And her parents got a text from her letting them know she had landed safely in SLC. They live out of state and she's an adult. They were likely not immediately worried.

Friends representing the family just got done filming and will be on the 9 o’clock and 10 o’clock news.

Mixed reports that her car is at her workplace versus Her car is at her home. Parents are not coming out to SLC yet. That seems like there is something out there they know that we don’t. ‍♀️

John Franchi on Twitter

Arriving. It’s believed she boarded a Lyft. Lyft says the ride ended at its planned destination and the driver immediately continued with other rides.

Finally! MSM is picking it up.

This is the reporter I saw reaching out to her friends on SM.

Hoping for a snowball effect.

Thank you, John Franchi.

JMO.

Last edited:
John Franchi on Twitter

Missing person update: this is a photo of 23-year-old, University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck. Police have been searching for her since Thursday. She was last seen at SLC airport. We’ll have the latest update from @slcpd at 5 @fox13
D9nr8JhU8AE1r16.jpg

Dan Rascon on Twitter
Missing: friends of Missing college student MacKenzie Lueck canvassing neighborhoods at this hour @KSL5TV
D9oAvxjXUAEV0qG.jpg
D9oAvxXXkAAlro8.jpg
D9oAvxZWwAAsVn7.jpg

6:22 PM - 21 Jun 2019

Dan Rascon on Twitter
Friends of MacKenzie say it’s very unlike her to just “vanish” she was last heard from arriving at airport and taking a Lyft to get home @KSL5TV
6:36 PM - 21 Jun 2019

I haven't heard anything about her having a stroke. We had a pretty solid friend group in college and I'm pretty sure that would have come up but I guess I could be wrong if she kept it low key maybe? I know her grandparents are LDS, I am not positive about her parents. I believe she is a member, but for the time that I have known her including all through college to my knowledge she was inactive. Her records are still in the church and she does have a ward that she belongs to in SLC but it is unclear whether or not she attends.

We live in the same town as her family. Her parents are active LDS, but not sure about the kids (she has three brothers).

Yeah, if she was just going to take off, it’s likely that she would have made arrangements for her cat.

This doesn’t look like a voluntary disappearance at all.

Nope. Got a bad feeling about this one unfortunately.

The fact that Lyft confirms she was dropped off and the driver continued with other rides means she obviously arrived at her destination.

Yeah, if she was just going to take off, it’s likely that she would have made arrangements for her cat.

Doesn’t she have roommates?

Doesn’t she have roommates? Something seems totally off.

Where in the world is SLC PD? I've checked their website, FB, Twitter over the course of many hours now. Crickets... o_O
That’s exactly what I’m talking about, with “missed opportunity.”

Time is of the essence, and getting the word out is crucial.

The only excuse for not doing so, is if things are a lot further along than we know, or they know something we don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member