Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldCop

OldCop Well-Known Member

Yes @MassGuy. This is where I am right now. Or, if it is foul play, I believe it is the person she was visiting or meeting there.

Mo Thuairim, kkdj, MissMalowe and 7 others like this.

2. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Love your theories.
    Your first 2 are both highly plausible to me, given what we know.

It's so hard to craft a working theory without knowing where she was dropped off.
    I feel like that's a huge missing piece of the puzzle.
    Absent that, my thoughts remain that at least initially, she went voluntarily missing.

I like the theory that she went to meet up with someone.
    Given the fact that LE is saying they "don't know where to look" for her, it appears clear she is no longer at the location she gave to the Lyft driver.
    Her car is still at her place.
    There's been no info re: her calling another ride, i.e, Uber or Lyft, to leave that address.
    So, she likely left with whoever she went there to meet, either willingly or unwillingly.

If she didn't go to the NSL location to meet up with someone, I think she went there to make a score.
    A lot of people go off the grid when they're actively using.
    This would explain her being incommunicado, and acting "out of character" per her friends.
    She may be holed up somewhere using, and be completely unaware that her absence has become a huge story.
    Or she may be aware of all the attention, and afraid to come forward because she thinks she might face some type of repercussions and/or doesn't want to face the music with family/friends.

IF she's voluntarily missing, I would look for her friends or whoever is doing the pc today to deliver a message directly to ML including language that conveys that they love/miss her, she isn't in any trouble, they just want to know that she's okay, etc.

JMO.

kkdj, sassyblue, PommyMommy and 8 others like this.
  3. wyome

wyome Well-Known Member

Yeah this bothers me too.
    I don't think it's at all unusual for family members not to speak with a 23 year old student for a few days...particularly because she had work, school, and just spent time with the family.

I do find it odd that the roommates weren't sounding alarm bells, unless they were all more roommates than friends, which is the case sometimes.

Maybe the reason she didn't go back home first before going to her destination is because she didn't want to wake anyone up or annoy one of them. Multiple girls sharing an apartment can be dicey sometimes.

StarEyes, janewall, cedgison and 8 others like this.
  4. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Armchair Detective

How often, in reality, do people actually just *walk away* from their life? Leaving work, school, exams, friends, pets, car, social media, an upcoming friend's wedding... no word to family, and completely shutting off phone. It's tempting to think this could have happened, because we all so much want Kenzie safe. But I don't know, I've never known a soul that did such a thing, myself. Have any of you?

5. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

Just last week we were following mother/daughter Jill and Jordan Rousseau who did just that. They surfaced at the 3 day mark but I agree with you. It is highly unusual nor do i think it is the case here.

Mo Thuairim, Tealgrove, osu and 9 others like this.
  6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

If she did want to walk away, I think she would've made plans for the cat. I really do.

jmo

7. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Not personally, but it is quite common.

The overwhelming majority of missing people are missing because they want to be.

These are unusual circumstances, but not at all unprecedented.

9. BLT HUEY GIRL

BLT HUEY GIRL Well-Known Member

Given her age it seems unlikely that she would just walk away from all that she's been working for in her life. Plus usually a girl her age is still very attached to her family.

Kirrie, StarEyes and Blue Ridge like this.
  10. osu

osu Well-Known Member

SLCPD is still actively looking for MacKenzie Lueck. Detectives have been working throughout the weekend & will continue to follow any/all leads. We are aware of info being shared by her friends & others about this case.
    5:49PM - 6/23/19

SLC Police Dept. on Twitter

Attached Files:

11. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Nope, I haven't myself known anyone to do that. At least, not in the extreme.

This may not be a total "walkaway" situation in terms of assuming a whole new identity, etc., though.

ML is young.

She may just be making some decisions about what path in life she really wants to take.

So, it may not be a case of ML "walking away," so much as "choosing to walk a different path."

It may also just be something she impulsively chose to do, because of emotional stressors or other pressures she was experiencing.

Again, IF she is voluntarily missing at this point.

That's a big IF.

JMO.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  12. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

It sounds like to me they might have been elderly and needed assistance.

Jmo.

osu, chihuahua, EmilyVan and 2 others like this.
  13. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it would be a quick stop like a convenience store etc, because then she would have asked her driver to wait. It can be difficult getting a driver late at night, especially at certain locations. I would have them wait while I ran in then have me them take me where I’m going. Also the driver would say, “do you have a ride back”. And why would she go to convenience store way away from her home. I think wherever she went she was planning on staying at least a little while. Likely an establishment like a club/bar or a residence, moo.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Mo Thuairim, wary, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
  14. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

Has the PC begun? I can’t seem to find it.

15. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Me neither.....................................moo

MassGuy, BLT HUEY GIRL and MsArk like this.
  16. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Anybody see anything on either site?

17. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Nope.....moo

MassGuy and BLT HUEY GIRL like this.
  18. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

what time does the PC start?

cody22 and MassGuy like this.
  19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Another thing, there was that case where the young lady in Florida drove herself to that isolated location near the mall then was found in the lake nearby, ruled a suicide. I don’t think that’s necessarily out of the realm here, moo. It’s not my leading theory though. And remember, was it Leigh Ann, gosh can’t remember name, we were so surprised, she was found in the tree, suicide?

20. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

Just beginning on the Find Mackenzie FB page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.