Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

I was afraid of that! JMO

bluenoser, osu, Whiteorchids and 3 others like this.

2. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

She would be a senior and she was taking summer classes - so she might be trying to speed along the process to graduation.

3. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Dating apps?

@sillybilly @Tricia

If there’s a profile you may have found, please send it to the moderators or LE ASAP. Moo. Thank you.

4. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

MOD NOTE

Lay off Kenzie's friends now or warnings will be issued and you may find yourself on the outside of the thread looking in. Tricia is traveling and she is not in the mood to hear about anyone bashing Kenzie's friends. Unless you have been in their situation, I would think twice about judging their actions and statements. These are young people desperate to find their friend.

Also, a note about power posting. Some members are dominating the discussion in this thread and that violates our TOS. There is no need to respond to every post. Let others talk.

This post falls at random.

pendyjo, LaLaw2000, bkgregg5 and 31 others like this.
  5. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, if you are sure it is a post made by ML and it is not a private account.

6. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

Great post thank you for all the info.

Traymar and MassGuy like this.
  7. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please welcome verified friend of Mackenzie Lueck yellowmoose.

We have verified, short of hiring a P.I, that yellowmoose knows Kenzie and is a good friend.

You may ask yellowmoose questions. If you choose to disagree for whatever reason then you scroll by. Please do not argue.

Yellowmoose can give information without providing links.

Yellowmoose thank you for coming forward and helping us understand who Kenzie is and and about her life in general.

Thank you.
    Tricia

8. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

"According to police, Lueck landed home from a trip around 1 a.m. She then ordered a Lyft to an unfamiliar address in North Salt Lake City, The Salt Lake Tribune reports."

We've explored strip clubs & new relationships and, while I'm not ruling out strip clubs based on this statement, I don't think it would be a double life/job she kept private (she'd be familiar with the address, if that was the case).

I'm starting to think the destination was the residence of someone that nobody knew about, whether that's a new romantic interest or someone she'd met online.

9. LVatty10

LVatty10 Verified Attorney

Thanks! I messaged a mod with more specific questions. I want to be certain that it’s ok to post.

10. osu

osu Well-Known Member

I was sleuthing pages. There is at least one that I have found that according to their FB, lives in SLC.

JMO

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    ClaireNC, HayLouise, janewall and 8 others like this.
  11. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Thank you so much @yellowmoose
    Nice to have you here, but so sorry for the circumstances.
    Chi

12. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

so this could potentially be the family's "boots on the ground". so to speak.

IMO

13. LVatty10

LVatty10 Verified Attorney

Welcome @yellowmoose. I’m so sorry about your friend. Praying that she is ok and just taking a break!

Do you mind answering questions about ML’s dating life?

ClaireNC, HayLouise, Traymar and 14 others like this.
  14. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Bumping this post as it will answer some forthcoming questions.

Great to have you!

SuperTmo, kimpage, ClaireNC and 20 others like this.
  15. margarita25

Jumping off this, as far as “unfamiliar address”, some more information re: Lyft from my experiences:

All of one’s “past trips” are also logged. One can even store a location as “home” or “work”....

Each and every ride you ever take on Lyft stores your past rides which is easily accessible via your account. It shows the picture of the driver, the distance, the fare...known locations can even come up in a quick type of just a few letters when entering a new destination.

So as far as the term “unfamiliar location”...marking to stare at this quote.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  16. yellowmoose

As far as I know currently, ML is casually dating around. There is no significant other or real person of interest that I know of at this time. I've heard this echoed from other friends as well. She has dated in the past and has had at least one serious relationship that comes to mind but that ended and as far as I recall it ended amicably. Since that point she has been casually dating. I do not know whether or not she was using dating apps, although it would not be a surprise to me if she was. Nor would it be for any of my friends to be using a dating app, they are extremely common especially at the college level. That is not to say that there isn't someone she is currently/has been talking to. It might have been recent or casual enough that she hasn't mentioned it.

17. margarita25

Thank you for being here.

ClaireNC, HayLouise, Traymar and 6 others like this.
  18. BLT HUEY GIRL

BLT HUEY GIRL Well-Known Member

I would be focusing on the last person to see her. That was the driver. Unless they can come up with someone at the location she was dropped off at. I'm wondering if she was the one that actually sent that last text to her parents. I wish her parents would speak about what they know publicly.

19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I’m convinced she did send that text message, as it appears it was sent prior to the Uber ride.

Her family told KSTU they last heard from her around 1 a.m. on June 17. Lueck's dad said his daughter texted her parents and told them her flight landed, but haven't heard from her since.

The location where she was dropped off is key, as the driver transported there, and continued on their way.

Whatever happened, seems to have occurred after she reached her destination.

Wherever the hell that was.

ClaireNC, janewall, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  20. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

Welcome @yellowmoose Thank you for joining all of us crazy sleuthers. I’m so sorry your friend has gone missing. We are all here to help find her and staying positive she will come home safely.

Do you know if she ever used Tinder app? Both my sons who graduated college said it’s a popular app to meet people?

ClaireNC, HayLouise, Traymar and 6 others like this.
  21. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

Welcome @yellowmoose. We appreciate you being here, though we wish it were under different circumstances.

ClaireNC, HayLouise, Traymar and 8 others like this.
  22. yellowmoose

I'm not sure about the dating apps, but I would not be surprised. I can list off numerous college friends who utilize multiple dating apps currently. So it wouldn't be shocking to me at all, especially at the U. The most common at the U that I've seen are Tinder and Bumble. But I am not sure whether or not she was using either while casually dating. She is very social and has various social media accounts. She's also very friendly and goes to lots of events so it's not hard for her to meet people IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.