Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

I know that. I was talking about the time bars in general close in Utah and speculating on what someone would be doing in NSLC after 1am.

janewall, BelleIsle, kkdj and 4 others like this.

2. MKZoo

MKZoo Well-Known Member

Yes. This is kind of where I was heading.

It could be that her parents just took the text as she had landed and that was that. Like you, my dad expects the double contact on landing and arriving home. But it’s certainly not a knock on her parents if that wasn’t their style.

She may have sent them a text that conveyed in some way the trip was over and she was home despite her intention to head to the mystery destination in NSL.

Or.. they may have been aware of her intention to go somewhere other than directly home. This could explain why they didn’t immediately freak out and why LE seems so secretive.

It is all strange.

Jmo.

3. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

A wedding? I missed that. Was it a friend or family member?

bluenoser, MassGuy and GordianKnot like this.
  4. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

LE’s not saying.

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

What is strange to me is that she would text her parents as soon as she landed to let them know she was okay and then not communicate with them again.

6. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

It is wonderful to see you posting again, liltexans. I've missed you, and I am sure many others here did, too. I also missed seeing your adorable cat! Sorry for the off topic, just had to say how great it is to see you posting again. :)

bluenoser, kimpage, BelleIsle and 3 others like this.
  7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I went on a tour right before leaving NOLA. Met an attorney. He was the only other one on the tour except my friend (female). He was going to the airport and asked if we wanted to share. But I had rented a car and just took him with us. Didn't give it another thought.

But I would if I was alone.

8. Bugurl747

Bugurl747 Well-Known Member

That was a jump off one of my previous posts, and I do think the topic referenced means something. Definitely. MOO

cody22 and Steelslady like this.
  9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don't know. She has public social media in which she's posing in bikini bottoms and nothing else (facing away from the camera). That's totally not LDS and it's 100% public so I'm kind of thinking she may not be too concerned with what her parents think.

She's also into a risqué podcast involving two women who talk about explicit things - "Call Her Daddy."

Also shows sort of a woman not afraid of what her parents think.

Or maybe they're not on social media?

Mo Thuairim, Alcina, LadyL and 13 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Agreed, that’s definitely strange.

I’m just hoping we learn more in the next few days, so we can begin to figure out what is really going on.

sassyblue, Hazelnutty, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  11. Gundo

Gundo Member

I live a couple of blocks away from ML parents house. I drive past there everyday and it doesn't look like anybody has been home. Maybe they are in SLC but just aren't ready to be seen or talk to the public just yet. They have been through a lot in just the one week. They are a good family and are not strict parents and arent very religious. My daughter graduated with one of her brothers and my son just recently graduated with her younger brother. I dont think she went voluntarily missing from what my daughter told me she is a very good girl and that is totally out of her character. Hope she is found soon and safe.

12. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

I am glad it was understood how I meant it. I mean my parents did it to me and one still does (other is passed) and I do it in return with the parent too, not just with children, and with siblings for that matter. If any family member is traveling, we want to know you made it home safely, car trip or flight. When we are together prior anyhow for sure at the same wedding, funeral, on the same trip, etc. It is not a knock at all, simply an observation. And adult children do not always cooperate and one may just get used to that too and give up on expecting them to text twice, or with some, probably even once(!).

But yes, I think there is the possibility there was no reason to worry at that time after landing or they knew she was going to visit someone or do something upon arrival. I am not even sure if I recall that she told the parents she was taking a Lyft or just that she arrived/landed safely.

I hope she is missing voluntarily because that would mean she is safe but with every day that passes, that is more difficult to believe. I am 50/50.

Jmo.

13. MsBetsy

Yes, well hopefully she will turn up safe and the worst of it is she will have some explaining to do to her family and friends.

14. sweetcandyapple

sweetcandyapple Well-Known Member

There are no bars in North Salt Lake, none. All of the referenced strip clubs are technically in Salt Lake City, just the north end of Salt Lake City, not in the city of North Salt Lake. Two different places. They specifically said she got dropped off in the city of North Salt Lake, no bars, no strip clubs, one grocery store that would not have been open at that time, not even a McDonald's in the city of North Salt Lake. I don't know of any open public place aside from maybe a gas station she could have been dropped off at. It had to have been residential.

Mo Thuairim, Alcina, Kasmeer and 29 others like this.
  15. MsBetsy

Well, this is helpful. So if she was going to visit someone, I wonder who it could be? A friend? Someone she met on the plane?
    I guess there are no hotels there either?

16. sweetcandyapple

sweetcandyapple Well-Known Member

There's one hotel that is technically in North Salt Lake, it's Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn, I believe that is considered North Salt Lake, but that's right on the edge of another city called Woods Cross where there are a lot more hotels and businesses. I'm thinking it almost has to be residential.

17. BLT HUEY GIRL

BLT HUEY GIRL Well-Known Member

Is it possible that something could of happen to Kenzie at the airport and maybe she wasn't even in that Lyft ride headed towards NSL? She could have been replaced the driver wouldn't know if It was her or not. The possibilities in this situation are getting a lot darker than I care to think about. But the longer this is unsolved the more chance that she may be lost in the darkness. My .Heart is with her and her family tonight. May they find some sense of peace and strength to get them through this night.

18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I don’t think this is likely.

This person would have to have Kenzie’s phone, and I’m pretty sure that law enforcement believes she arrived safely at her destination.

I think it’s safe to assume that whatever happened, occurred after she made it to NSL.

This really shouldn’t be that hard for LE to figure out.

You have a destination. You likely have surveillance footage. Eventually they will likely have her cell phone data, and a search warrant for her social media accounts.

It’s about finding out her connection to her destination, and (probably) WHO she was visiting.

Everything is there, it might just take some time to sort through it all.

If she’s hiding, they should find her. If something else happened, there should be an indication to that effect.

I’m just glad the news coverage has blown up, and gone national.

19. MsBetsy

Speaking of the news, is the recent article from the Salt Lake Tribune posted here?
    The one that mentions how she threw a Birthday party for her cat?

20. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I know of at least one in Utah that does serve booze and is open until 4:00 a.m.

cody22, janewall, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.