Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Armchair Detective

RSBM

Thank you Yellowmoose, this is where my thoughts go too as to what happened. Hopefully the phone records, when they get them, will shed a lot more light on her plans for that night. While LE knows her lyft destination, it could be that it was an apartment complex (not knowing which particular unit) or other non-specific drop-off point. Or of course they may already know exactly who the person was that she was meeting, but either way, those phone records are essential I'm thinking.

2. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

Do we know for certain that the Lyft driver is confirmed to not be involved? I say this because of a previous case in Charlottesville, VA: Morgan Harrington. She was picked up by a taxi driver, and it turns out he murdered her. He wasn’t caught until he assaulted/murdered another young lady. I’m sorry, but I can’t remember exact details. I’m familiar with where Harrington was and didn’t live all that far away. It haunted me until they found her. I’m just catching up, so sorry if this has been mentioned already.

3. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

I was replying to something a verified friend of hers stated, therefore, I believe I am within the rules of WS. I also have never once stated that there is proof that ML is connected to this topic.

4. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

It can go both ways. The probable cause is most likely in her phone. So.....

wary, cass523, Gardener1850 and 2 others like this.
  5. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

We do not know for certain, no.

cass523, AnnaGrace, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  6. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

I am doubting she was very promiscuous and she probably just likes tv shows, movies, and books a lot of people enjoy reading or watching shows about certain lifestyles but doesn't really participate in that. I looked at her Social Media shared on this thread and she just appears like a nice girl that is looking for a family, is pro life and wants children, and loves giraffes. She clearly has life goals and makes decisions accordingly. It is easy to like her and relate to her from the social media shared.

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I alerted a mod for guidance. I don't want to see the thread shut down.

cass523, Gardener1850, kkdj and 5 others like this.
  8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Delete

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    PommyMommy, janewall and wyome like this.
  9. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Further, could the Lyft driver have nefariously contacted someone waiting to meet ML and that person disappeared her? Just trying to brainstorm.

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I wonder if she had her own cell plan? If she was on a family plan, the account owner may be able to log in and view her text and call history (the numbers) together with the times. I can do this on verizon. That would be the first thing I would do IMO. I do hope they get the warrants because that would lead to location of the phone and may be helpful in finding her.

11. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

So, what are people supposed to do when the Verified Insider is the one talking about it? Not Respond? Report the VI's posts?

12. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

I don't understand where this idea of a "sugar lifestyle" is coming from. I've seen her FB and IG pages (and the second IG page), and there's no indication of that. If you're referencing the "Call Her Daddy" podcast, that's not a "sugar lifestyle" podcast. That's about women taking control of their sexuality and relationships. She had a typical student job and her parents live in an upper-middle class neighborhood. The pics on her IG page are nothing different or more shocking (and quite a bit less so) than on girls' IG that my sons follow. I also don't think it's particularly odd for a young woman to go to a guy's place at 1:00 AM. It wasn't called a "booty call" in my day, but it doesn't mean we didn't do it! What happened AFTER she got to her location is what we don't know and LE isn't saying.

13. wyome

wyome Well-Known Member

I agree. It's also important I think to remember that she's a nursing student. I would expect her to work in plasma centers, needle clinics, free clinics because that's where these students get to work with "patients" and gain experience.

14. SoCalGirl

Maybe that's what her father did when he stated she'd started texting someone new about a month ago.

15. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Just because she is LDS, doesn't mean that maybe she didn't have a Tinder account, for quick pickups.

16. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

17. wyome

wyome Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards thinking the same. I couldn't find any posts relating to that subject, although I may not have been as thorough as some.

I agree, 1 a.m is typical for college students to be out and about.

18. MKZoo

MKZoo Well-Known Member

I am leaning away from the Lyft driver largely because the company confirmed that the driver immediately continued picking up rides after she was dropped off. That would make a tight timeline for the driver to have personally done something to ML. The possibility of a third party being involved does exist. But to my mind it seems more likely that whatever happened took place at her destination with the person or persons she was meeting there.

It’s hard. There’s just so much we don’t know.

Jmo.

StarEyes, Flurries, AnnaGrace and 7 others like this.
  19. SoCalGirl

20. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I wonder- when she was dropped off by the Lyft driver, is there any chance that someone else picked her up afterwards? Maybe that was a meeting point to be dropped off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.