Found Alive UT - Madelyn Allen, 19, seen leaving Snow College dorm, Ephraim, 13 Dec 2021

From the article above, security footage appears to show Madelyn leaving her dorm at 9:22 pm on Monday, December 13th with a plastic bag.

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 401
Police search for missing 19-year-old Snow College student last seen leaving dorm

Marci Larsen, the school’s spokesperson, said Allen’s roommates first reported her missing when they were concerned that she didn’t return by the next day.

Finals at the school run through the end of this week, before most students go home at the end of the semester. Larsen said Allen hasn’t completed with exams yet, and police don’t believe that Allen was trying to go home, given that she wasn’t carrying a duffel bag or other luggage.

Is that a reflection in the door/window or a car outside possibly waiting for her? Does she always wear skirts or is she dressed up for something/one?
All I can really see is her reflection and the reflections of the flyers there on the door. Everything else is too dark for me to see anything.

With the snippet from the article above stating that her roommates reported her missing when she didn't return the next day.. that does make me wonder if she was going out/meeting up with someone. Or if she was going out to run an errand etc, if they knew where she was headed.

Based on a look at some Google Maps images, it appears that she exited through the door on the east side of the building. The south doors are double doors. I would think that the double doors would be the way to exit if you were headed toward the campus, which is south of the dorm. The student center is southeast of her dorm, but I believe it would be closed at 9:30. There is some street parking across the street from the east door and some parking in the large lot immediately north of the dorm. Some of the parking spots in the lot are near the east door. It does seem to me like she might have been meeting someone with a vehicle. What could be in the bag? It's not a backpack. Maybe a gift for someone?

Not sure if I could link it but she does have a YouTube channel. It's small, but there's a video telling facts about herself where she discloses some mental health information
I checked that out and she listed an instagram account for herself which appears to now have been deleted. I'm worried for this girl.

Um, some people commenting on the news posts on Facebook suggest you can see a person out of the door, in front of her. I'm pretty sure it's just her reflection?

Snow College Police searching for student who went missing Monday night | Gephardt Daily

Left at 9:22 p.m. on Dec. 13.
Authorities are asking anyone who may have seen something suspicious that evening, or anyone who has information about Allen's whereabouts, to contact police at 435-283-7170.

Police search for missing 19-year-old Snow College student last seen leaving dorm

Allen’s parents live in northern Salt Lake County and told police they haven’t seen their daughter. Larsen said they are currently in Ephraim searing for their daughter.

“They’re very worried,” Larsen said.

Police are trying to track Allen’s phone records, the spokesperson added, to see if that will help locate her. For now, the circumstances are considered suspicious.

Last edited:
Two things, just random observations:

It's cold in Utah, the college is based in Ephraim and it's getting down to minus 10°C at night now, way below freezing (0°C).
She wasn't dressed for the cold at all, she had a tiny short skirt on and what looked like canvas summer shoes.

90% of Snow College's enrolled students are Mormons. Is Madelyn (or her family) Mormon?

It's cold in Utah, the college is based in Ephraim and it's getting down to minus 10°C at night now, way below freezing (0°C).
She wasn't dressed for the cold at all, she had a tiny short skirt on and what looked like canvas summer shoes.

90% of Snow College's enrolled students are Mormons. Is Madelyn (or her family) Mormon?
Her family is definitely Mormon. Someone comments here on the police fb page about how her family is in their ward. Log into Facebook

Yeah, we got a ton of a snow last night too. She appeared to be wearing shorts or a skirt, you're right. I'm worried for sure.

To me she doesn't look dressed up; she looks college casual. A fuzzy warm oversized shirt/sweatshirt/jacket over whatever clothes she had on. In college, I sometimes wore casual cotton skirts with maybe a t-shirt or hoodie over them, etc. And she looks like she just tossed on whatever to run something.... what? Outside? Next door? To the/a car? To the garbage cans, laundry room, etc.?

But she didn't come right back in, sadly. It has to be cold there right now; surely she wasn't planning to walk far. It seems like some other cameras would have caught her that night. Or a vehicle in the same time frame.

Also, does anyone think it looks like a wallet in the plastic bag (white or cream colored, lying flat in the bottom of the bag)? And maybe a manila envelope also? Maybe I'm just seeing things...

I hate seeing these college student missing persons cases. They are just on the cusp of adulthood - still vulnerable and not yet grown up - and can find themselves in bad situations that they are maybe not yet equipped to extricate themselves from.

Hope she is found safe soon.
All MOO.

Oh lord, in what world is a knee length skirt a “tiny short skirt”? Her skirt is Mormon-appropriate and casual.

it looks like she’s dropping something off with someone outside, because she isn’t dressed very warmly. Maybe someone came to pick something up or drop something off, like a Craigslist or Facebook marketplace deal? Odd that her roommates didn’t do anything until the next day though as if it was not unexpected she didn’t return shortly?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back