GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... been reading about the case and I have the nagging suspicion the state will not be able to prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt. I am afraid this one is going to walk. I hope I am proven wrong :(

Hmmm... been reading about the case and I have the nagging suspicion the state will not be able to prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt. I am afraid this one is going to walk. I hope I am proven wrong :(

I worry about it too. Despite what I "feel" the Verdict should be.

Well, this bit of info is not helpful for the prosecution IMO:

"Judge Derek Pullan said Monday that Dr. Martin MacNeill’s daughter, Alexis Somers, will not be able to testify about some fears her mother Michele MacNeill allegedly divulged to her before she died. According to prosecutors, Michele MacNeill allegedly told Somers, "If anything happens to me, make sure it wasn't your dad."

Pullan also ruled that defense attorneys can impeach Somers’ character with evidence that they say shows she committed academic misconduct during graduate school."

BBM

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/09/30/martin-macneill-judge-limits-daughters-testimony

I will be following this. So many facets to this case. The key for a guilty charge will be jurors grasping the pharmaceutical element. JMO

Well, this bit of info is not helpful for the prosecution IMO:

"Judge Derek Pullan said Monday that Dr. Martin MacNeill’s daughter, Alexis Somers, will not be able to testify about some fears her mother Michele MacNeill allegedly divulged to her before she died. According to prosecutors, Michele MacNeill allegedly told Somers, "If anything happens to me, make sure it wasn't your dad."

Pullan also ruled that defense attorneys can impeach Somers’ character with evidence that they say shows she committed academic misconduct during graduate school."

BBM

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/09/30/martin-macneill-judge-limits-daughters-testimony

The judge is also considering 1) a pre-trial motion regarding whether the defense can use daughter Rachel's alleged diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder and 2) defense Frye or Daubert motion to exclude the prosecution's pharmacological expert testimony about the lethal "cocktail" of drugs victim had in her system.

Vinnie Politan on HLN asking if Dr MacNeil is worse than Jodie Arias?

Hmmm......???

Nope.

Vinnie Politan on HLN asking if Dr MacNeil is worse than Jodie Arias?

Hmmm......???

Nope.

I don't watch HLN. IMO, MacNeill, is so much worse than JA. Have you read about MacNeill? He is horrible IMO.

The judge is also considering 1) a pre-trial motion regarding whether the defense can use daughter Rachel's alleged diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder and 2) defense Frye or Daubert motion to exclude the prosecution's pharmacological expert testimony about the lethal "cocktail" of drugs victim had in her system.

I had not heard of Rachel's alleged dx of Bipolar. I do not know what a Frye or Daubert motion is. Guess I better research before Thurs.!

I had not heard of Rachel's alleged dx of Bipolar. I do not know what a Frye or Daubert motion is. Guess I better research before Thurs.!

A Frye/Daubert hearing is held when one side questions the scientific methodology used by the other side's expert. (If you watched the Zimmerman pre-trial hearings, the defense questioned the State's expert on voice ID, saying his methodology was not scientifically reliable.)

By the way, I love your avatar -- I have that print hanging in my living room!

Jury selection continues in Martin MacNeill trial

Jury selection resumes at 10:30 a.m. ET Wednesday in the trial of a Utah doctor accused of using his medical know-how to kill his wife.

Attorneys interviewed 38 prospective jurors Tuesday, less than the 60 that the judge anticipated would be questioned. About 70 jurors from the pool of 110 jurors who filled out questionnaires earlier this month will return for individual questioning Wednesday, which will take place in judge’s chambers.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/10/15/martin-macneill-trial-jury-selection-begins

A Frye/Daubert hearing is held when one side questions the scientific methodology used by the other side's expert. (If you watched the Zimmerman pre-trial hearings, the defense questioned the State's expert on voice ID, saying his methodology was not scientifically reliable.)

By the way, I love your avatar -- I have that print hanging in my living room!

Thanks for the explanation! I have the print in my living room too.

The judge seems to want to keep this trial moving; I read a couple of articles stating he said a jury will be selected in time to start testimony tomorrow.

Wow; any updates plz let us know and thanks for all of today's news! I really appreciate it!

And omg I cannot believe they are not letting in her daughters statement, that is crushing to read that and now I'm off to absorb that....for now. I mean; she must be devastated!!

Besides WAT; does anyone know which local station is providing the pool; which local channel?

@BenWinslow on twitter still seems unsure on whether it will be live-streamed or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998