GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's the crux of the matter -- workplace safety and liability have nothing to do with emergency lifesaving measures.

Tell us whether he is capable or not

OMG! He actually just said this would have been an unacceptable lifting situation! :doh:

So if this is the last witness for the defense will we then find out if MM will testify or not? I am totally brain dead right now.

Besides the fact that it doesnt matter whether Martin tried to get her out of the tub or not - she was already dead. And none of this testimony gives any insight into whether or not Martin even tried to get her out of the tub.

Absolutely correct. Excellent comment and spot on.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 2m
If someone has a 35 lb. child in the tub, unacceptable risk of injury to get 'em out? "Greater risk," Besser says. @fox13now

:doh:

LOL - I love the hypotheticals

What I loved is the guy testifies on all this irrelevant carp, and then Spencer objects when Pead introduces a relevant hypothetical.

This is very damning for MacNeill. Who is thinking like this in a crisis. People do this type of things for strangers and MacNeill has an expert talking about it in his murder trial.

In the heat of the moment, a crisis, a drowning, etc. who thinks I am going to hurt my back?

Excellent job by the State with the questioning of the this witness - over and over.

This is the same guy who was making unnecessary cell phone calls and hanging up on 911 while supposedly doing CPR.

He's a real piece of work.

So if this is the last witness for the defense will we then find out if MM will testify or not? I am totally brain dead right now.

Martin will not testify. If he was then this would not be the last witness for the defense.

I kind of like this witness though - he knows he is well over his head and is not qualified to talk about whether Martin actually tried to get her out of the tub

And here's the crux of the matter -- workplace safety and liability have nothing to do with emergency lifesaving measures.

Tell us whether he is capable or not

This is what I keep waiting to hear Minor...but he always throws in that without risk of injury, if I were a juror that would stick in my mind and I would believe that he would in fact be capable...

This dude is trying to testify to things he doesn't know at all. How pathetic!

Well, now I understand - Martin needed the proper equation calculations to know whether or not he'd risk back injury before he decided if should try to help Michelle. And didn't want to injure the female neighbor, either..it all makes sense now...to no one at all.
Even Spencer is quietly looking down.

If Michele was borderline obese, I'm calling Guinness because I must be the Fattest woman on earth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is very damning for MacNeill. Who is thinking like this in a crisis. People do this type of things for strangers and MacNeill has an expert talking about it in his murder trial.

In the heat of the moment, a crisis, a drowning, etc. who thinks I am going to hurt my back?

Excellent job by the State with the questioning of the this witness - over and over.

BBM - "Well as long as I can't help her because I might hurt my back, I might as well call 27 different people on the phone while she's dying."

As much as this is asinine it really doesn't bode well for Martin :loveyou:

I kind of like this witness though - he knows he is well over his head and is not qualified to talk about whether Martin actually tried to get her out of the tub

I agree, he's smart and knows his stuff, but his stuff has zero to do with this trial.

If Michele was borderline obese, I'm calling Guinness because I must be the Fattest woman on earth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She was apparently 206 pounds and 5'8" -- it doesn't take a lot for someone to be clinically "obese"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson