GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 1m
Besser still concludes it's not impossible, but highly unlikely he could lift her out of the tub. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

Really surprised that the defense could not come up with anything more than that. Maybe they were really thinking the state's case was not robust enough to prove murder

The look on Doc M's face tells me he knows this failed.

In case you couldn't hear that, they're taking a 15-minute recess.

jury to get case tomorrow

a great defense.......

I must say, NOT

Worst defense case I have ever seen. If MacNeill is convicted he will win an appeal in 15 minutes. We WS'ers could have put on a better case. Wowza.

I can now see why they had trouble getting this to trial.

The defense didn't need to put on a case.

The whole thing was just irrelevant to this situation....weird...

Yes, but leaving a dead or dying woman in the bathtub until acceptable lifting situation can be obtained is acceptable? :facepalm:

Given the size of the tub, if Michele were on her back, semi sitting, water could be let out of the tub and her legs pulled until her upper body were flat on the tub surface. CPR could have been appropriately performed, only if the person doing so wanted to save this person's life. Michele would not have had to been removed from the tub, when push came to shove. I wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out using critical thinking skills, and MM should have been able to think this through in less than a split second. No excuses.

no questions and Spencer realized he could do nothing

He's probably thinking that he and the witness did such a great job there was nothing the jury needed clarified.

A break and then they are going to talk about jury instructions.

With raised eyebrows and that smirk on his face, with a clap of the hands Spencer looks at the jury and announces "Defense rests!".

:floorlaugh: That display was so Spencer. :floorlaugh:

No kidding, I suppose the close will be that there was so little proof MM did it that the only witness they needed was a toe guy. I expected more from them.

Worst defense case I have ever seen. If MacNeill is convicted he will win an appeal in 15 minutes. We WS'ers could have put on a better case. Wowza.

I don't think he will win on appeal if he is convicted. Just b/c your attorneys are no good, doesn't mean winning an appeal.

The nurse practitioner (I think that is who he was) that testified, reported MM called to tell him he was coding his wife. Was information released as to the time of this call compared to a call to 911? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4