GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they still coming back to talk about jury instructions?

I just wanted to share this. I am physically disabled, from a failed back surgery and from being ill. I am in agony 24/7/365. Double whammy.I rarely leave my home and spend most of my time laying in bed. I am relatively young in my mid fifties. Last summer my daughter called to me from downstairs that she could not arouse my son who was sitting in our hot garage, unresponsive. I flew out of my bed, ran down the steps, out the front door to the garage. I worked on my son to get him to breathe and regain consciousness. My son is taller, heavier than I am. I did not for one second think about my aching back. In fact, because of the adrenaline rush, I felt no pain at all. My son became responsive and I was able to get him up and walking. I did not require the assistance of My physically fit daughter. So I call BS on MM. BS. .

The difference being you love your son!

Yes, they get to give their closing last, either way. They probably also didn't put on much of a case because they didn't want to open it up to rebuttal.

The fact that the Defense put on any case appears to be weak. If they would have offered no witnesses - it would appear to some (maybe) they felt strongly they didn't need to have a defense.

The way the defense did it appears this was all they could muster. It did not serve MacNeill well IMO.

My apologies in advance for barging into the discussion with a different topic from today's testimony.. Its regarding the sexual assault on Alexis by Martin.. I missed any of the in depth discussion on the specifics of this aspect and do understand that its actually not relevant as far as evidence introduced in this trial due to the fact this evidence is just one piece of many withheld from the jury..

Below is just a quick snipped quote from hln regarding just the basic gist of where this charge originated(ie.inappropriate groping).. I guess what floored me the most was, if I'm understanding correctly, that this actually occurred PRIOR TO MICHELE'S DEATH!?!?

Sexual abuse claim: Martin MacNeill's daughter, Alexis Somers, said she accused him of sexual abuse back in 2007, claiming he touched her inappropriately on the buttocks, according to police documents. MacNeill allegedly conceded to groping Somers, claiming he thought she was his wife, but the sexual abuse charges were dismissed and the file was sealed.
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/11/04/martin-macneill-murder-trial-evidence-jury-wont-see
Is this correct, as it says that Martin did admit to the inappropriate groping of Alexis, but claimed it was due to his mistaking Alexis for his wife..therefor he believed that it was his wife, Michele who he was suggestively groping?. Is this correct?

If so, does anyone by chance know anymore about these circumstances as I am just really freaked out over the fact that on top of everything else that this sociopath was possibly sexually interested in his flesh/blood daughter.. And well, I certainly don't buy it for a damn second that this man somehow mistook his oldest daughter for his wife, thus the reason why he was sexually groping her..nope, not for a minute do I believe that!..: SMH:

So, is it known what he claims to have been the circumstances??.. Vs. What the truth of the matter is according to Alexis regarding what the circumstances were that led to her father sexually groping her in 2007???

TIA to anyone who may know anymore about these particular circumstances..and again my apologies for barging in with a slightly off topic question:)

I am waiting to see what the Judge will rule on this. While I do believe he is guilty I dont know if they have really tied him in. I see it, does the jury? Will they get the chance? I just feel so sorry for the girls. no matter which way it goes they have lost their mom..:grouphug: :tears:

I lost the live feed at WAT, and I've refreshed the browser window and even restarted the browser. Should I look elsewhere?

They are showing the still photo of MacNeill as if court is done for the day?

It seems that <modsnip> sealed the deal for Martin but not the way they expected. The defense had to know in working with this guy that he would not be good...so desperate and inexperienced they are.

... Below is just a quick snipped quote from hln regarding just the basic gist of where this charge originated(ie.inappropriate groping).. I guess what floored me the most was, if I'm understanding correctly, that this actually occurred PRIOR TO MICHELE'S DEATH!?!? ...

I had seen a video clip of Alexis mentioning this incident as taking place about 3 days AFTER Michele's death.

We are back.... discussing jury instructions..

:gathering:

WHAT??? Prosecution not objecting to taking out "failure to act".

I just wanted to share this. I am physically disabled, from a failed back surgery and from being ill. I am in agony 24/7/365. Double whammy.I rarely leave my home and spend most of my time laying in bed. I am relatively young in my mid fifties. Last summer my daughter called to me from downstairs that she could not arouse my son who was sitting in our hot garage, unresponsive. I flew out of my bed, ran down the steps, out the front door to the garage. I worked on my son to get him to breathe and regain consciousness. My son is taller, heavier than I am. I did not for one second think about my aching back. In fact, because of the adrenaline rush, I felt no pain at all. My son became responsive and I was able to get him up and walking. I did not require the assistance of My physically fit daughter. So I call BS on MM. BS. .

---------
Hi My Zuri, mothers can move mountains when it comes to their kids. I wish you better health Sweetie..:loveyou:

I was only able to catch the last bit of the trial today. Will watch the WAT archives tonight. Did a ME, Dr. Lee, testify for the defense? I read he was going to. Anybody got the scoop on that? TIA

I had to switch to the Fox13 feed, WAT wasn't up.

OMG Martin is crying !!!

:tyou: Everyone for all of the updates.

I saw up to Doc M crying. Wow, that was interesting. I realized that I had not noticed Gypsy even look over at him. Did she? What on earth was that man thinking? He had a lovely wife. Just does not make sense to me at all. And now he cries over Gypsy, not his lovely wife, not his marred children, not any of that. Over the woman he murdered for, the woman that now takes no notice of him. Just wow! Doesn't get more Shakespearian than this...

Wonder if he is as lonely in jail as she claims to have been? Kids are not only marred, but estranged, paramour claims there is nothing between them and hasn't been for years, he claims to have pretty much offed his own family. Now looks like his outcome will likely be to spend the rest of his life behind bars alone. A real Greek tragedy - one's undoing at one's own hands.:dramaqueen:

The defense doesn't have to prove anything.

True. However, they should be on "some" kind of defense. Clearly, they failed in that department. IMO - they would have been better just resting after the states case. They did not do MacNeill any favors with "that" defense. JMO

I was only able to catch the last bit of the trial today. Will watch the WAT archives tonight. Did a ME, Dr. Lee, testify for the defense? I read he was going to. Anybody got the scoop on that? TIA

No. :nono: They had 3 witnesses. A co-worker of Martin, parole officer of Jason, and Besser the ergonomics expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong