GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Harmony 2, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

Nice. No matter what else, I guarantee that the jury felt sympathy for her. No matter what, none of this was her fault. To mock her is disgusting, and stupid (from a strategic standpoint).

2. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

I am exhausted from listening/watching Spencer. Feel like I have been sitting for a ADHD child. :lol:

3. renatae

renatae New Member

BBM. Exactly. This to me is the crux. Pretend he had never decided to be pro-active and murder her. Pretend he never forced her into the surgery nor "ordered up" that cocktail of meds and all the other evidence of premeditation that abounds. His inaction and active obstruction after the fact are enough to show he did not value her life and did not intervene in any meaningful way to save her. :jail:

4. Nore

Nore New Member

--------
    Bravo please! OMG I am cracking up and this isnt funny! Maybe he's hoping someone will give Him a cure for it. :floorlaugh: :laughcry:

5. Thundar

Thundar Active Member

Oh thank you prosecutor for pointing out that what defense just said is not evidence.

6. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

OK, I listened to Spencer with eyes closed lest his facial expressions and mannerisms would negatively influence my opinion. I think he scored a couple reasonable doubt points with M.E.'s report., but otherwise the closing, imo, was hurky jerky. Nothing he said influenced me of MM's innocence.

7. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

I've thought the same thing. He did it to humiliate her. Same spitting on the
    dead gesture as choosing the murder date for his faux marriage. " Wedding " anniversaries thus doubled as celebrations of Michelle's death. It doesn't get any sicker or more hateful than that.

8. bsk

bsk New Member

Aw crud - the WAT feed reset, so I missed the last 30-45 minutes of Spencer's close. Listening to the Perkins rebuttal now, so I'm current again.

9. Chelly

Liking the beginning of this rebuttal.

10. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

*BBM*

Gypsy.
    At least I do not recall him disputing anything she said.
    Kind of makes you wonder about that deal she cut with the State, hmmm?

11. MargoD

MargoD New Member

This guy is good! So clear and adult...no smirking.

12. Softail

Softail Well-Known Member

13. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Classic example of a poor attorney. Even if he wins this case (I don't live in Utah, so I have no feel for the community) this is not who you want on a serious case.

A lot of criminals appeal to this kind of attorney, the lower ranking crimes, as they think the lawyer should lie for them. Never good, they end up with more time.

This is why defense attorneys have bad names. Not all are like this. Nor are the good ones.

First and foremost should be a basic understanding of law, not ego games. Then comes the brilliance of figuring out how to handle a case truthfully, and in the best manner possible. I have so much more to say, but it will come out with the current anger so I cannot.

14. scorekeeper

scorekeeper New Member

Glad to see this State's attorney.....he has great presentation

and I do like his tie :blushing:

15. bsk

bsk New Member

In thinking about it, the defense didn't really need to call an ME because their claim is the original ME got it right.

Perkins is covering good stuff in rebuttal, starting with Spencer's fudging of numbers and assumptions.

16. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

Me, too. And I'm a bit of a tie snob!

17. Ina Cognito

Ina Cognito Lurking the web since 1995

Bet'cha Marty is sitting there glad he didn't actually pay money for that defense he got

18. Thundar

Thundar Active Member

Does rebuttle have a time limit? It appears prosecution is just trying to point out the misconceptions that defense just presented to the jury.

19. Chelly

I like that he is pointing out the amount of "speculation" in defense's closing.

20. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

Anyone want to guess if this gets done today? At this point, I think quick deliberations would be very bad for the defendant, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.