GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed :) And I know that the defense doesn't have to present any witnesses, but the fact that they presented a witness who testified to things that are totally irrelevant to this case says a lot to me. Plus, Spencer didn't even argue further this morning for the direct verdict thing (which I'm still a bit confused about... I know minor4th can ring in on this).

As sad and tragic as this case and trial have been, I really appreciate everyone who has posted here. There have been no huge arguments, no banned camp that I saw, just people watching, listening, learning, and getting along. Much love to my co-watchers :loveyou:

Plus, y'all made me smile and giggle a lot :D

Me too! Let's not forget they were going to try to blame Damian for the "murder", even though the defense says it was an accident. :rolleyes: That spoke volumes to me. :twocents:

a lot of instructions concerning the inmates testimony and whether or not they testified in order to received a shorter sentence or a "lighter" sentence.....did they testify to better themselves

are the daughters holding those signs today???

At least I will say MM has a decent courtroom demeanor which should not impact the jury negatively. I remember Jodi Arias laughing and doodling and of course Casey Anthony. George Zimmerman was also quiet and respectful.

depraved indifference murder

MM is a poster boy for "depraved indifference"

So they don't need to agree whether he caused her death intentionally, intended to cause serious bodily harm that results in death, or engaged in depraved indifference that had grave risk of her death.

Without this a conviction would probably be impossible. With it, who knows? It's still a tough call.

are the daughters holding those signs today???

At least I will say MM has a decent courtroom demeanor which should not impact the jury negatively. I remember Jodi Arias laughing and doodling and of course Casey Anthony. George Zimmerman was also quiet and respectful.

No not today

Definitely got him on obstruction.

I watched the Giselle interview. I have a great deal of sympathy for her. If I am understanding correctly she is stating while she was living in the Macneill home, she initially felt loved and happy (age 12). While living in the MacNeill home at the Ormond (?) house she was touched inappropriately by Martin MacNeill and went to Michelle.

Giselle was told by her mother Michelle that Martin was under a lot of stress and they should not speak about it to him. She then started to act out in ways that often got her in trouble and made her feel isolated from the family.

She states she was fearful of Martin MacNeil. She is between 12 and 16, she has limited communication skills, and she has no one to trust with her situation, so she does what every teen who has issues does, she rebels.

Then her mother dies and she is sent to Ukraine for a 2 week family visit and is forgotten, basically disposed. She has no money, limited english, no passport (martin keeps it to give to gypsy) no way to get back home reenforcing her perception that she is not a part of this family. No wonder she is sad and bitter, who wouldn't be?

As far as Michelle failing to follow up on Giselle's accusations, in statements made by her sister Linda Cuff, Michelle was feriously protective of Martin and in complete denial of his misdeeds. From the beging Michelles family knew Martin was a cad and scary. Michelle refused to listen (again denial) and her Mother and sisters were not invited to any family event that incuded Martin ever.

Michelle's mother is 90 years old now and when she found out about Martin's criminal activity, 30 years ago, she went straight down to the court house and got a copy of all the court records. She save them for thirty years! Because she thought that she may need them someday. She was reported as saying "I wouldn't be surprised if he kills her someday." Momma Sommers new the real Martin Macneill then, and her daughter Michelle refused to acknowledge that he was a very bad guy from the start.

The "if onlys" hang heavy in this case.

i've asked this before and don't think anyone really knows...but does MM have any supporters in the gallery??? As a juror it has to be obvious how many lives his actions have affected vs. anyone there for him. Even Jodi Arias had supporters.

i've asked this before and don't think anyone really knows...but does MM have any supporters in the gallery??? As a juror it has to be obvious how many lives his actions have affected vs. anyone there for him. Even Jodi Arias had supporters.

None I am aware of

I watched the Giselle interview. I have a great deal of sympathy for her. If I am understanding correctly she is stating while she was living in the Macneill home, she initially felt loved and happy (age 12). While living in the MacNeill home at the Ormond (?) house she was touched inappropriately by Martin MacNeill and went to Michelle.

Giselle was told by her mother Michelle that Martin was under a lot of stress and they should not speak about it to him. She then started to act out in ways that often got her in trouble and made her feel isolated from the family.

She states she was fearful of Martin MacNeil. She is between 12 and 16, she has limited communication skills, and she has no one to trust with her situation, so she does what every teen who has issues does, she rebels.

Then her mother dies and she is sent to Ukraine for a 2 week family visit and is forgotten, basically disposed. She has no money, limited english, no passport (martin keeps it to give to gypsy) no way to get back home reenforcing her perception that she is not a part of this family. No wonder she is sad and bitter, who wouldn't be?

As far as Michelle failing to follow up on Giselle's accusations, in statements made by her sister Linda Cuff, Michelle was feriously protective of Martin and in complete denial of his misdeeds. From the beging Michelles family knew Martin was a cad and scary. Michelle refused to listen (again denial) and her Mother and sisters were not invited to any family event that incuded Martin ever.

Michelle's mother is 90 years old now and when she found out about Martin's criminal activity, 30 years ago, she went straight down to the court house and got a copy of all the court records. She save them for thirty years! Because she thought that she may need them someday. She was reported as saying "I wouldn't be surprised if he kills her someday." Momma Sommers new the real Martin Macneill then, and her daughter Michelle refused to acknowledge that he was a very bad guy from the start.

The "if onlys" hang heavy in this case.

Absolutely perfect summary.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 41s
No drawing straws, no flipping coins. Unanimous verdict after deliberation, judge says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeillTrial

Here we go.....after the housekeeping detail.

Judge is done. State has 1 housekeeping matter before closings start.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 34s
Both attorneys just walked out of the courtroom. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeilltrial

Both sides stipulate that Michelle did not commit suicide.

Stipulation that Michele did not commit suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77