GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off topic, but I don't understand why men and some women don't just divorce their spouse if they want out. By killing them, they are going to get caught (most of the time) and therefore, screw up their own lives. It just does not make sense. SMH

Why? Money-plain and simple.

I watched that closing with full attention and thought he did an excellent job...he covered it all and hit alot of points that I hoped he would and he still has the last word. Very impressive. I would also think the jury would not be impressed with Gustin's smirks during this. I can't stand her.

I've entertained the notion that he gave her the drugs earlier, took the little girl to school, returned to drown her in the tub, came back later with the little girl so that she could find her mother.

As have I. As have many of us. And if we have they will *the jury*:fence:

If Michele was as sensitive to drugs as I am I don't think he had to wait long. Within 10 minutes of taking half a perocet for back pain I was droggy and happy as a clam.

I think Ambien is very fast acting also.

Please tell me Gustin is not doing the defense closing. I would really much rather listen to Spencer

I watched that closing with full attention and thought he did an excellent job...he covered it all and hit alot of points that I hoped he would and he still has the last word. Very impressive. I would also think the jury would not be impressed with Gustin's smirks during this. I can't stand her.

I can't stand her either and I dont know why; but she is the epitome of pent up if you ask me...good lord. I DK what her issue is. Very strange. Am sorry hv to wonder if she's ever left the state or traveled.

All those drugs in concert!!!! Wowsers. That's a lot of sleep inducing (and more)

I think Ambien is very fast acting also.

Yes if you take it for a period of time but at first it doesn't always work right away. I think MacNeil Failed in his Cocktail; and she just wouldn't die. So he kept shoving things up and down her. And that's what he did. And he has to pay for what he did. He disgusts me.:banghead:

Please tell me Gustin is not doing the defense closing. I would really much rather listen to Spencer

Could you do it :floorlaugh: I'm not sure if I can listen to either of them lol

Seriously, can anyone come up with any reasonable alternative to how Michele died other than what the state just laid out? Any devil's advocates out there?

Yep more than a cocktail. It was an overdose. I couldn't get the word "shoving" out of my mind after her daughter testified; that's what she said he keeps shoving them down me...so I can readily go from there what he did. And I'm sure it wasn't fast enough for Martin MacNeil so he have her more and more and more and more.

And then he had to use the tub because he is such a bad dr that he failed at ODing her and had to then drown her. Because she wasn't dead yet.

And that's the facts.

Wow. IMO, he has demolished the defense's core: the ME can't say beyond the body..aftdr that, its a jury's job to determine
Add..Drowning diluted the drugs

BBM - Not necessarily. The defense will argue that no matter how much of a horrible guy MM was - cheating on his wife, happy she was dead, etc. - there's no way according to the timeline (the version of it the defense will present of course) that he could have done it.

The state would have to hope that any jury who goes along with that will believe that he drugged her up enough that it could be considered depraved indifference, which may be a tough sell.

Seriously, can anyone come up with any reasonable alternative to how Michele died other than what the state just laid out? Any devil's advocates out there?

I can't minor and I do tend to think like that and get in trouble for being a devil's advocate lol I got nothin'...

Except that Alexis talked to her around 10:00 and she was not drugged

She didn't sound drugged to Alexis. That's different. Thinking a few nights before that your husband is deliberately overmedicating you so much that you are semi-comotose, then being perky and upbeat about him that AM? Maybe he gave her the valium earlier, and that's what Alexis was hearing. Maybe he was adamant that she not go out or answer the phone because he knew the next round of meds he gave her would be kicking in.

me too; I most likely will listen to rebuttal but I will not listen to anything the def has to say at this point. I will not. That voice omg; it's like being hypnotized by warren jeffs. I'm out I see! lmao :scared:

I don't know much about drugs, but if any of the meds came in capsule form, he could have messed with the contents and made her think that she was taking one drug but was actually taking another.

She opened, but Spencer has done the vast majority of cross.

I probably won't be able to watch live either way. I'm going home to make lunch for my son and his friend. Fajitas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah