GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the defense is supposed to be a quasi partnership then I wonder what Gustin brought to the table if she doesn't close. Spencer, IMO, carried nearly all of the burden.

Possibly she was needed to interview certain witnesses..... both before trial and on stand. She also may have made a lot of the points, questions etc that Spenser is making but he is just the voice... who knows lol

Know what ya mean. I divorced my abusive, alcoholic husband so I wouldn't have to kill him!

They say he is Mormon and would be shunned. I'd rather be shunned and free, as to serve a life sentence.

If the defense is supposed to be a quasi partnership then I wonder what Gustin brought to the table if she doesn't close. Spencer, IMO, carried nearly all of the burden.

she must do all her work behind the scenes because she does not even help Spencer when he is flipping papers and can't find things. She has her own firm and specializes in sex crimes so really not sure what she is doing. She does not add any professionalism to the defense table.

Seriously, can anyone come up with any reasonable alternative to how Michele died other than what the state just laid out? Any devil's advocates out there?

Only other option IMO would be suicide over finding out about affair but Defense stipulated no suicide.Accident is so unreasonable given Michele as we have come to know her- she would not have taken all those mess at once.

Ooops Chelly. Didn't mean to quote you. :)

Please tell me Gustin is not doing the defense closing. I would really much rather listen to Spencer

She's looking awfully colorfully "frilly" today. If she does the closing I would find that extremely distracting.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 10m
Wow. Randy Spencer just brought out some HUGE flipboards for the jury. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeilltrial

Seriously, can anyone come up with any reasonable alternative to how Michele died other than what the state just laid out? Any devil's advocates out there?

I have been trying to play devils advocate from the beginning: First take out highly paid expert witnesses and jailhouse snitches. Still, evidence points to MM.

Then take out testimony of Alexis and Rachel who hate their dad and Gypsy and may have an agenda. Remaining evidence and testimony is very credible and still points to MM.

The prosecution has way too much real and circumstantial evidence. The defense essentially has nothing. The jury will have to find guilt.

We are back! Judges calls sidebar. :judge:

Why he didn't choose divorce over murder isn't just about money and his religious status. He is not a real Dr or a real lawyer. Also, he was fraudulently collecting SSD and VA disability money. He had a whole lot to lose imo.

We're back, but counsel is approaching the bench per judge's request.

I'm alittle confused about what Giselle was stating last night. She was asked if anything happened the night before Michelle died. Giselle stated MM and Michelle argued and Michelle was saying she had to go get the girls from ballet. This would be the 10th. But Alexis testified she, Michelle, MM went somewhere, then out to dinner, and they dropped her off at the airport appox. at 7 pm. the night before she died. Alexis was there did she tesify to this alledged argument?

I think Giselle was trying to paint Michelle as if she treated Giselle like a slave, when in fact she was probably just expected to pitch in with housework like every other teen.

Alexis did testify about an argument, I'm unclear as to the timing. As far as Giselle trying to paint a picture of child slavery, she was 16, and acting out, (rebelling, chores were likely the remedy for her behavior. Teens who love to do chores, lol.

they are back. doubt spencer wants to start before lunch

HLN says Alexis will be on NG tonight.

I have been trying to play devils advocate from the beginning: First take out highly paid expert witnesses and jailhouse snitches. Still, evidence points to MM.

Then take out testimony of Alexis and Rachel who hate their dad and Gypsy and may have an agenda. Remaining evidence and testimony is very credible and still points to MM.

The prosecution has way to much real and circumstantial evidence. The defense essentially has nothing. The jury will have to find guilt.

Thank you so much for your post. I really appreciate how you have stayed open minded during the trial.

But thank you, thank you for the above!

BBM

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads