GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gypsy skates on Michele's murder.

I think she was involved - perhaps even present at the home. I don't for 1 second believe she drove almost 40 miles to get an oil change on the morning of the murder. But, I believe she has covered her tracks well enough to escape prosecution.

I don't, however, think we have heard the last of this evil woman. As her own sister said, she will do anything for what she wants and that is a dangerous woman.

Long night last night! I was awakened by voices on my computer (I had left the live link to the trial open and fallen asleep) when the courtroom became active once again upon the request by the jury to re-listen to the 911 tape. And the CD they had been provided would not play. At that point the judge sent an inquiry to the jury to ask if they wanted to break for the night and come back in the morning.

The jury said they wanted to continue! (The judge looked slightly perturbed at this answer from the jury. But he did NOT order them to stop deliberating, as I assume he could have.)

The attendant drama of the court trying to enable the jury to hear the 911 call certainly kept me awake! It seemed the court was stymied. They did not want to send a computer back to the jury. No one present in the courtroom was able to copy the tape. There was even an inquiry of the press members present, asking if THEY knew how to copy the tape! Finally, the Prosecutor had to leave the courthouse, go to his office, and copy the tape there.

The drama intensified when the judge called the Prosecutor at his office to ask how things were going with the copying. He was told it would be finished in about 10-15 minutes. It was at that point, I believe, that the judge shared a statement from the jury that listening to the 911 tape would be the last piece of evidence they needed to review and then they would render a decision.

So everyone was pretty much on notice from that point on that there would be a verdict coming shortly. The gallery began to fill with press, family members, and spectators. Cathy from CourtChatter was in the courtroom all that time tweeting.

At midnight, the Great Seal of the State of Utah spontaneously fell off the wall, to the great surprise of those waiting in the hot and crowded courtroom. (Air conditioning in the building had been shut off at 5:00PM) I am not a person who believes in the paranormal. I have a great tendency to put things down to coincidence. But I do wonder, what are the chances of that Seal just falling off the wall at precisely midnight on a night when there just happens to be the unusual presence of all these people awaiting a verdict in a trial? Likely few trials had EVER gone this late in this courtroom! Strange, strange occurrence, wasn't it?

In any case, workers came into the courtroom, drilled new holes into the wall, and rehung the Great Seal. All of which we learned by tweet. Word got passed that since all parties were present in the courtroom already, the agreed upon 45 minute wait between the announcement of and the reading of the verdict would be waived.

Next, the judge was live, announcing there was a verdict. Everything then went very quickly, with jury brought in, verdict given to bailiff, then to judge, then read aloud. There was a loud, spontaneous outcry, presumably from the family members when the word "GUILTY" was read for Count #1, murder.

I did not perceive the reaction of the family members to be "horrified" at the verdict. I took it to be a release of a huge flood of long pent-up emotions. Hey, women cry. And these women cried. Wracking, shaking sobs. And I don't blame them a bit! I'd have done the same.

I think for the next few days the jury members will be taking the time to educate themselves to ALL the facts in this case. Won't they be happy with themselves for bringing in that GUILTY verdict?

I was glad to read that the family got to meet with the jurors after the verdict. And I am surely hoping we hear from at least a few of them!

I think Gypsy skates on Michele's murder.

I think she was involved - perhaps even present at the home. I don't for 1 second believe she drove almost 40 miles to get an oil change on the morning of the murder. But, I believe she has covered her tracks well enough to escape prosecution.

I don't, however, think we have heard the last of this evil woman. As her own sister said, she will do anything for what she wants and that is a dangerous woman.
After seeing the timeline and miles traveled which presented on HLN After Dark this past week, it appears she was well aware of the impending murder and was attempting to distance herself from the MacNeill home via various "alibis". Normally one doesn't not go to so many different communities for routine things such as shopping and an oil change for her car, then onto another community for a meal. Ironically, she was returning to pick up the car at the same time MacNeill contacts her to inform her of Michele's death. It did seem scripted and I believe it was orchestrated by MacNeill so she wouldn't be in the area that day. He also thought he had himself covered.

MOO

Spencer made a quick exit from the courtroom after the verdict and declined to say if they would file an appeal.

“Of course I’m disappointed, but I don’t have any comment,” he told the throng of Utah and national media.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-MacNeill-of-murdering-his-wife-in-2007.html

What happened to Mr. happy-go-lucky?? Did the verdict wipe that smile off his face?

Yes he did not look good last night...now if the story is correct that these two did this pro bono which given their level of passion for the case I think is true...I don't think they would stay on board for an appeal? I mean why...this judge was so careful to do nothing worthy of an appeal...they know it is a loser and frankly if they were trying to get some exposure for future big time trials I don't think they helped themselves at all.

I thought the female defense attorney was almost a nonentity. Spencer was okay and actually pretty good on cross examinations at times. But he was, IMO, sorely lacking in his Final Argument. No passion whatsoever, speaking way too softly, speaking almost under his breath to himself at times, wandered from point to point, and too long.

Because they took this pro bono, they are not REQUIRED to stick around for an appeal, are they?

I saw that in the Jody Arias case, the judge ruled that Nurmi must remain on the case, even though this time SHE asked that he be removed! (The last three times, HE asked to be removed from the case.) While I don't like Nurmi all that much, I kind of feel sorry for him in not being able to get off the case, and hope he eventually writes a book.

But with the Nurmi/Arias situation, it is not an appeal, it is still the "case in chief", so that is likely why the judge would not let him off.

Regarding sentencing for MM, this judge gets to sentence him on both murder and obstruction of justice. So there's lots of legal leeway there for a nice, long sentence.

BBM he had the crappiest look on his face and no remorse- so snap out of it :floorlaugh:

I didn't see remorse. I saw a bit of fear - did all the eye blinking look like fear to anyone? I saw a bit of anger and a strong desire not to give anyone the satisfaction of seeing emotion. I sometimes wish I was one of those people who could hide emotion well or not even feel it. I wear my emotions on my sleeve sometimes and I wish I could control it better! But if you can't feel bad emotions you can't feel good ones either, so I guess I'm ok with how I am! And no one else around me has to worry about me coldly harming them! Thoughtlessness, maybe. Deliberate calculated harm, no.

Hi Everyone & Thank You for your excellent posts during this trial. This is one of many trials I have followed on WS and I finally signed up to see all the pictures posted lol. I just wanted to Thank You all.

Also here is a link with a little after trial news from Linda, Michele MacNeills' sister from her website. http://martinmacneill.info
xxooxx

PS: Did anyone else notice that sentencing day 7th Jan is a Tuesday not Thursday as the Judge was saying? (if if heard it right)

I am unable to open the martinmacneill blog..I have tried on 3 browsers and it rejects it each time....any help from any of you who are able to open it? Thanks.

Do you think Gypsy will wait for Martin and continue to save his letters in a shoebox? :D

Do you think Gypsy will wait for Martin and continue to save his letters in a shoebox? :D

Oh heck ya. I see a book deal down the pike :floorlaugh::facepalm::banghead:

Hi Everyone & Thank You for your excellent posts during this trial. This is one of many trials I have followed on WS and I finally signed up to see all the pictures posted lol. I just wanted to Thank You all.

Also here is a link with a little after trial news from Linda, Michele MacNeills' sister from her website. http://martinmacneill.info
xxooxx

Thanks so much :seeya: and :Welcome1:

I enjoyed spending the evening with you all who were here waiting for the verdict last night. This jury really rocked, not only because they got the verdict right, but because they just would not quit until they had the job done.
Last night was unique in oh so many ways! Now.... I am tired and am headed for the blanket show !!!
Wonder who Gypsy's next victim will be ? hmmmm ?

I am unable to open the martinmacneill blog..I have tried on 3 browsers and it rejects it each time....any help from any of you who are able to open it? Thanks.
I have no problem opening it. Perhaps your "security" is not allowing you to open.

My "security" indicates the site is safe. I wish I was computer savvy and could help you. :banghead:

I have no problem opening it. Perhaps your "security" is not allowing you to open.

My "security" indicates the site is safe. I wish I was computer savvy and could help you. :banghead:

I could not open it either...

xxooxx

Glad you joined us !!!!:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members