GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest-In-Peace-prince-michael-jackson-8016309-400-400.gif

~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, Michelle . . . and may perpetual light shine upon you! ~ ~ ~

Animated_Candles1.gif

I did wake up at 4 something est and saw the verdict as guilty. Good job to the jurors and their hard work. I have to say I am still shocked by the lack of a defense here. There was many ways that the defense team could have attempted to lessen the state's case but, they didn't. Standing and talking about reasonable doubt and showing your display about it is a lot less effective than actually introducing reasonable doubt.....

I hope this gives the family some solace, I know it did introduce more pain though. Horrible situation :(

I imagine the jurors (once they get some sleep!) will feel very grateful they reached this verdict once they start to read about all the crazy Martin & Gypsy antics they were not allowed to hear in the trial.

So glad to wake up to the good news that Martin MacNeil was found guilty!
Thank you for the link to the video of the verdict being read.

It's heartbreaking to hear Michelle's families gasps at the verdict and to see them crying.
I hope this gives them a sense of peace that justice has been served finally and their hard work paid off! Their mothers voice has truly been heard, may she rest in peace!

Does anyone know if the MacNeill home, scene of the crime, was sold and if it was for how much?

I imagine the jurors (once they get some sleep!) will feel very grateful they reached this verdict once they start to read about all the crazy Martin & Gypsy antics they were not allowed to hear in the trial.

I think some facts that they were not privy to that are real damning such as the number of times he used the phrase "help him/her out"...as I recall and there may be more it was used for Michelle to inmates...for his brother to finish him off as told to the other mistress on the stand and something about his own daughter Vanessa who had so many issues he could "help her out" and I don't recall but it amounted to killing her. There is a pattern here and not sure how much can come in at sentencing. That should be quite a day...victim impact statements etc. and one may ask is there going to be even one person coming forth with any reason not to give MM the maximum...mitigating factors? Maybe that he provided some non-doctor help to fellow inmates?

I am particularily struck by #2 above. I heard that from a few different acccounts all mentioning Damian taking his siblings to a "friends" house for hours. I did not get the impression he was there with them. His and his girlfriend's involvement is not small...throwing the pills away...and then his suicide...well we will never know...only Martin knows. Damian also was the only one defending his father...

Yes, we will never know and it's not good of me to add questions that will never be answered when people are dead and the verdict is in.

But still, why would the girls go to Damian's friends house for hours? If they were at the mall I would not have raised eyebrows. Something isn't right here. But of course, MM is possibly one of the biggest orchestrators I've ever seen, so I guess he manipulated Damian, too.

If anyone missed the verdict, here it is. Michele's sister's gasping, and watching Alexis and Rachel crying brought tears to my eyes. This poor family has been devastated by this monster, their own father whom they all at one time adored. It has effected each child profoundly. Some have dealt with it from totally escaping from the pain they carried through drugs and suicide. Others through depression and the feeling of isolation. SAD SAD SAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TM7vP-iRM8&desktop_uri=/watch?v=1TM7vP-iRM8&app=desktop

Does anyone know if the MacNeill home, scene of the crime, was sold and if it was for how much?

It's not sold. Worth about $363.000 market value ($561.000 in 2006) according to arrest affidavit.

I also read that in 2006 the MacNeills downscaled significantly by MM's request. There should be money somewhere. Some of it on Gypsy's ringfinger.

There was also another property apt/condo something Martin had and kept Gypsy for a period of time. That may have been a rental tho?????

What a relief another murderous mind found guilty. One less arrogant smartest man in the room walking the streets.
Moo
Ciao

The State should be very proud. They did a wonderful job as Michele's voice and representing all who loved her. Kudos.

I really want to hear about their calculator request.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I think maybe they used the calculator to check up on Dr. Perper's dilution testimony - and it must have seemed credible to them after checking the numbers. I am wondering if any of the jurors had medical/science background. If so, they would have been able to wade through the ER labs and week earlier labs as well as the fluids, bicarb, potassium, saline etc. given to Michele during the code and they could have confirmed what Dr. Perper was proposing re: not only drowning but also that the drug levels were actually higher prior to resuscitation.

Think about it a 57 year old man...doctor, lawyer, member of lds community, 8 kids and he did not have one person in court to support him in any way. Pretty amazing comment on his life...he had to be thinking about that as he heard the verdict. Also most if not all of his immediate family are dead...and as I remember most are young deaths relating to lifestyle or maybe "someone helped them"?

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I think maybe they used the calculator to check up on Dr. Perper's dilution testimony - and it must have seemed credible to them after checking the numbers. I am wondering if any of the jurors had medical/science background. If so, they would have been able to wade through the ER labs and week earlier labs as well as the fluids, bicarb, potassium, saline etc. given to Michele during the code and they could have confirmed what Dr. Perper was proposing re: not only drowning but also that the drug levels were actually higher prior to resuscitation.

That makes total sense. I think somebody posted along the way on one of the Juror questions after one of the witnesses. They felt perhaps there was a medical background.

Thank you to the State, excellent job btw; in this ultra conservative court room, you did an excellent closing argument; excellent rebuttal as well and you really brought michelle alive in the court room.
To her family; and her children; I wish you only the best things in life. Now you can get on with it; and know in your hearts, you were right. You did good.
Your mother would be so proud of you.
:grouphug:

The jury question about the Estate law has me puzzled. There was testimony from Rachel and Alexis that in March (IIRC) they met with MM, Michelle, and maybe some of the other older kids and went over some will stuff. That was when MM gave each kid $5K but I think it was also when Alexis was made executor of Michele's estate - WHY would MMM have done that? Was it maybe because he knew Alexis would suspect him when Michele died and he thought if he made her executor that then she would be less likely to suspect him? I don't get it.

who is the woman that is embracing Rachel during the verdict reading? Are Vanessa or Sabrina in the courtroom.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken