Found Safe UT - Molly Bock & Ryan Boken, both 27, Salt Lake City, 17 April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by SuziQ, Apr 19, 2019.

1. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Close ties to family, two people, both their cars, and dog missing.

South Salt Lake Police ask for help finding missing couple

Police said Molly Bock and Ryan Boken, both 27, have not been heard from since Wednesday around 4 p.m.

Both of their vehicles and their pit bull are also missing.

“The couple has very close family ties and they share phone calls on a daily basis. Ryan’s cell phone is turned off and Molly’s cell phone was left at home,” a news release from South Salt Lake Police said. “All local hospitals have been contacted; family and friends have no idea where they could be.”

more at link

2. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Jethro4WS, Laughing, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  3. Blueberry2720

Blueberry2720 Well-Known Member

I think the year in the title should be 19, not 20 ..... ??

4. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Yes... I alerted a mod to fix it. (Where is the embarrassed smiley?)

5. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

SABBMFAA:

“She texted one of her coworkers at 10:05 p.m. and said, ‘You know what, I just threw up, I’m not sure if I’ll be in to work tomorrow,’” Szabo explained.

Neither Molly, nor Ryan, made it into work the next day.

Police said Molly and Ryan had disappeared. They didn’t tell anyone where they were going and took only their cars and their dog, Sadie. Molly’s phone was left at the house, Ryan’s phone has been off.

“No matter how it happened, it looks like they left in a hurry,” Szabo said. “The gate was open and the shed was open and their attic hatch was open, and they didn’t grab her cellphone, or her purse, or their dog food.”

If it weren't for the fact that both vehicles are missing, I would have entertained the possibility that maybe the two of them spontaneously eloped, since they're engaged.

The fact that both vehicles being missing is curious.

The bolded points above are particularly concerning to me.

JMO.

6. GordianKnot

Police ask for public's help locating missing South Salt Lake couple

Updated article. Her vehicle has been found.
    Snipped from above:

South Salt Lake police located what appeared to be Bock's black Subaru Outback on Friday, according to KSL TV. They towed the vehicle and are conducting further investigations.

Even more odd is what was left at home, according to Szabo. She told KSL TV that Bock's, "purse, her cell phone, her daily medications, her toothbrush, her makeup bags, her phone charger, all that was left at the house."

7. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

On the Fox13 FB page, they posted a link to the news article referenced in Post #1 by @SuzyQ, and they have 127 comments so far. Someone commented about LE and Molly's vehicle, and other comments are about Ryan's employment, but can't mention it until there is MSM confirmation.

Fox 13 News

Jethro4WS, Laughing, KatzEye and 7 others like this.
  8. barefoot&messyheaded

barefoot&messyheaded Member

I don't ever comment here so apologies if I don't format this correctly but per the update in the link up top, her vehicle has been found. No details on where or what condition it is in. His is still missing.

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Hopefully LE can at least get some location info from Ryan's phone, but yes, circumstances seem very, very odd.

Jethro4WS, Laughing, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  10. barefoot&messyheaded

barefoot&messyheaded Member

I think one of the most concerning but easily missed pieces from that link is the quote from the friend. Snipped from the link:

The last time I was with Molly and Ryan, Ryan mentioned a feeling of suspicion and paranoia… That somebody may be after him, mind-controlling him, or that they were in some sort of danger,” Szabo said. “You’re not going to think much of it until they disappear."

I'm specifically worried about the bit about mind control. Just my opinion, of course.

11. GordianKnot

Yep, that's very concerning.
    The belongings of hers that were left in the home is also concerning.
    Hopefully, someone will spot either them or his vehicle sooner rather than later.

This isn't looking good right now.

JMO.

12. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

I share your concern. The article mentions that all of her daily accouterments (meds, toiletries, phone/charger, etc.) were found to have been left at home, but I don’t think there’s been any mention (unless I missed it) of any of his possessions either being missing or present in their home. If all of his daily “stuff” is not at home (meaning he consciously took it when they departed), I fear this case may turn out just like so so so many others... hoping that isn’t the case, for both their sakes!

MOO

MagnoliaMountain, bowler, Dre and 7 others like this.
  13. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

could they both be experiencing paranoid hallucinations for whatever reason ... drugs, mental illness?
    that would explain rushing to leave without taking any essentials
    I feel bad for the dog - they didn't even take his food!

Jethro4WS, KatzEye, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  14. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh. If he’s paranoid he may have made her leave her phone. He’s the perfect age for the onset of mental illness and maybe she’s suffering from folie a deux. Hopefully he took her to protect her.

15. TatianaBarbie

It is interesting that they had a page to a wedding registry site, Zola that showed up on my google search. When I went to the page, it said it didn't exist. So I went to the google cached page, so it was there at that site on Jan 26, 2019. Molly and Ryan's "Wedding" page at Zola still exists, but it's password protected. It seems very strange that they eliminated their wedding registry page, but not the wedding page. This all might mean something, or it might be totally meaningless.

This is what google says about the wedding registry page that Zola says doesn't exist:
    molly bock and ryan boken - Google Search
    Molly Bock and Ryan Boken's Wedding Registry on Zola | Zola

https://www.zola.com/registry/ryanandmolly2019

Molly & Ryan. September 21, 2019 (238 days left). Read More. Categories. All Categories Cash Funds. Sort by: Featured, Price: Low to High, Price: High to Low. BBM

https://www.zola.com/registry/ryanandmolly2019 (Zola says this doesn't exist)
    Molly Bock and Ryan Boken's Wedding Registry on Zola | Wedding Planning, Registry & Gifts (google cached page)
    Zola Weddings (wedding page still exists, but needs password)

Jethro4WS, Laughing, KatzEye and 3 others like this.
  16. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

Here’s the missing flyer. Very attractive couple. I’m assuming the congrats photo is their engagement :(

Attached Files:

17. TatianaBarbie

You posted this two minutes before I posted, and I didn't see your post until I was checking to see if the KSL article had been posted. The new information in that news article was that her car had been located by South Salt Lake Police, and had been towed for further investigation. I also learned that South Salt Lake was a city, not just a region of Salt Lake City--South Salt Lake, Utah - Wikipedia. So that means her car was found in the same city in which Molly and Ryan lived.

ETA I hope that since they have already found her car, that they can find Molly and Ryan quickly, as I think this is a dangerous situation.

Jethro4WS, KatzEye, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  18. GordianKnot

I wonder how close to their home her vehicle was found, i.e, whether it was within walking distance of where they live.

This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

JMO.

Jethro4WS, Suglo, misgrn and 2 others like this.
  19. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

From post #5, Gate and shed and attic open sounds like a hurried search of the home they shared, but who did that & why?

GordianKnot, SuziQ, Jethro4WS and 2 others like this.
  20. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

According to county records the two of them are shown as the owners of this home.
    Google Maps