Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

UT UT - Nancy Perry Baird, 23, East Layton, 1975

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by DavidJoseph, Oct 1, 2014.

1. DavidJoseph

DavidJoseph New Member

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this girl.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2630dfut.html

The Charley Project also has an entry on her, and it says she may have been a victim of Ted Bundy, although he never confessed to her murder. In fact, I read somewhere that he denied it. Nevertheless, have these unidentified remains been eliminated or no? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/751ufut.html

2. Loading...

3. Migmuu

Migmuu Member

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

This is right off Highway 89, just a few miles south of where Nancy was working.

http://www.standard.net/Police-Fire/2015/02/05/Hiker-finds-what-may-be-a-human-skull.html

5. dogperson

dogperson Member

This abduction seems a bit different from Bundy's MO; he liked to get them to his car and then hit them on the head. But it's possible he got her to go outside with him, especially if she pumped gas for customers. If this was a full-service station, simply pulling up to the pump would bring her out, then all he would have to do is get out of the car and abduct her.

6. laytonian

laytonian New Member

Feb 7th, 2015: Update on UID found exactly five miles south on the same highway as Nancy Baird disappeared from.
    I can see the place Nancy Baird disappeared from, from my living room window.
    We've lived in the neighborhood since 1973 (even before our home was built).
    I have followed the case and know that Bundy used his credit card at that location, at least once (per the East Layton police).
    Nancy Baird is THE most logical identity of these remains. At the time Nancy disappeared, there were no homes above that hill and there was easy access.
    KSL-TV reported that the remains "could have been there since the 1970s".

7. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

Family waiting word on human skull found in Davis County

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 Utah) – The family of Nancy Baird have had their hopes dashed in the past.
    So after hearing about a human skull found in Davis County earlier this month, they are not getting overly excited until a positive identification is made.
    Baird disappeared on the 4th of July in 1975 never to be heard from again. Ted Bundy who was executed in 1989 was suspected of murdering her.
    She was declared dead in 1995 despite no trace of her remains.

They will only say the bones are older than 10 years.

more at link

http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/st...l-found-in-davis/17449/tgIfnh7EY0-XODL3KGF-Yw

8. emeraldine

emeraldine New Member

She does not fit the profile, either physically or circumstantially, to be one of Ted Bundy's victims.

Her disappearance is similar to Cheryl Scherer's, which happened about four years later:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/scherer_cheryl.html

Both were petite and redheaded; both worked at gas stations and disappeared on the job; both had an extremely small window of time in which to disappear.

The only difference I can see(besides location) is that Cheryl's disappearance was accompanied by a robbery.

9. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

more

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/t...-time-missing-woman-102028.shtml#.VQGvtvnF_zg

10. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

Highly doubt Bundy did this. Where was Henry Lucas at this point in time?

11. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

13. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

Def not Bundy's type.

14. Fede

Fede Member

I wonder if Bundy was near the place where she disappeared. Maybe some of his gas tickets can link him

15. Fede

Fede Member

I read somewhere that she had some little scars in her wrists suggesting that she might be suicidal. But I wonder, if that is the case, why they did not find her body? If you are going to comit suicide you are going to do it anywhere not in a really hidden place (that according to the timeline of the case must be 15 minutes or less than the place where Nancy was last seen).
    I think that the time frame is really small for a suicide, even more if she went on foot, since her car was in the work place.
    I am almost sure that somebody kidnapped her. I think there were witnesses that saw a truck near the place.

16. ohthatkatgirl

ohthatkatgirl New Member

'Young Davis Woman Missing From Station Job; Abducted?' - The Ogden Standard-Examiner, July 7th 1975
    vickihollar.jpg

'Police Question Friends of Missing Woman, 23' - The Daily Herald (Provo, Utah), July 7th 1975
    The_Daily_Herald_Mon__Jul_7__1975_.jpg

'Help Sought to Locate Woman, 23' - The Daily Herald (Provo, Utah) July 10th1975
    nancybaird2.jpg

17. ohthatkatgirl

ohthatkatgirl New Member

'Case of Missing Mother Baffles Officers in Davis' - The Ogden Standard-Examiner, July 15th 1975
    nancybaird3.jpg

'Authorities Still Baffled By Missing Woman, 23' - The Ogden Standard-Examiner, Sept 2nd 1975
    nancypbaird4.jpg

'Missing Layton Woman Spotted? Story Checked' - The Ogden Standard-Examiner, Sept 5th 1975
    nancypbaird5.jpg

18. ohthatkatgirl

ohthatkatgirl New Member

19. Fede

Fede Member

It seems that they ruled out Debbie Kent and the hairs didn´t match Nancy´s? Have they kept the hairs as evidence? If they did maybe some DNA tests can be done !! Sometimes other types of analysis are not 100% accurate