Found Deceased UT - Nicole 'Nikki' Harris, 41, Provo, 24 October 2015

I don't recall a MP poster having the name of the "Help Find" type groups in cases that have had them (for ones not produced by LE bulletins)

Seems like a good idea - especially since in cases where someone isn't sure they saw something relevant or whatever they may not remember a phone number to call but might remember something short that would then lead them to more info

12184316_10153773019078413_5043936109975952980_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/998082260233610/

Still haven't found anything.

Her ex wrote a nice post on the Looking for Nikki page.

Another family member said her daughter serving her mission knows what's going on and is worried.

No new leads per LE, nor have they found anything.

They're looking at getting a PI in case it's not that she got herself hurt somewhere and is possibly voluntary.

So Nikki IS apparently married to the father of the youngest kids and she apparently lives with him:

Her husband, Kevin Harris, said she is a good hiker and climber and will often go hiking in the hills by their home for exercise and just to think, and has been known to spend hours in the mountains.

The Provo mayor was at their vigil the other night:

Provo Mayor John Curtis joined the group in sending prayers of hope, thoughts and candlelight to heaven on Harris’ behalf.

"I'm honored to be here," Curtis said."The whole city loves and is concerned for you."

Referring to his own family's motto, "In unity there's strength," Curtis recognized the nearly 100 people who were there to show support and love for Harris.

And:

Friends and family feared Harris had become stranded in the treacherous Rock Canyon. Search and rescue parties have focused their efforts on the mountains east of Provo.

However, Provo Police are seeking all credible leads relating to her disappearance.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...cle_af61dba2-da86-5f63-85f0-7b00df054bdc.html

The time that passed before she was reported, isn't that odd.
I have a mother with mental illness as well.
We visited her Friday. Couldn't get ahold of her Saturday.
Thought maybe she had a migraine... not too worried.

Sunday rolls around. People are banging on her apartment door all day.
No response. No sign that she's been out smoking.
Her blinds are partially open and they haven't moved since Friday.
She is paranoid about those and closes them at night.
Okay, something is clearly wrong. But she lives in an apartment and it's Sunday.

So we called my Dad who fortunately had just returned to the state, with the key to her apartment.
She was not doing well at all and likely wouldn't have survived another day. She's still hospitalized.
My brother went in and pieced things together and realized it was serious. My Dad missed the signs.

However.... if she had not been in her apartment, we would not have known that until we made entry.
So it would have been more than 48 hours before she was reported missing.
My mother has a broken pelvis, so we were 99% sure she was home.
But Nikki is in much better physical shape and could be anywhere.

I don't know what her living situation is... but if the kids were gone for the weekend...
It's possible her disappearance wasn't discovered until they made entry too.
Then after the fact they connected the neighbor who saw her walking. :twocents:

I have a son with mental illness so I can relate.
I was thinking that since she had younger children, she did not live alone....that there might be a father living there or at least someone who is expecting her to return for the children.

Also, if you know your loved one is going through a tough time, you are more likely to worry if they don't check in. Our son has become extremely aware of this with us. If we contact him, he will at least give us a text. This summer he went through another very bad spell and attempted suicide the day before his 27th birthday. He is an Air Force vet. He has good periods of time and then tough times...and we are getting good at determining his mental state and recognizing certain triggers. It can be more difficult than expected.

After this most recent episode, his recovery was the most effective time we have had since he was discharged. We were able to relate to each other. Not just his dad and I talking TO him but actually feeling our son take in what we were expressing and then listening to him relate and express back to us. We shared our ongoing concerns about his self-medicating with alcohol. He agreed this is a problem he has. We told him that we need him to always respond to us in some way each day, whether a call or text or a post through SM...and he has. This has been important to us since he lives alone. He only lives a mile from our house but we just asked him to always respond in some way when we reach out. He has continued to do so and it has been a comfort on both sides.

Recognizing that Ms. Harris has a serious ongoing mental illness, her family surely would be concerned if she went on a walk one evening and never returned. But perhaps no one was expecting to be in touch with her....
Still, I am curious about it.

This one is troubling. Self-harm or accident - to me it's one of those two possibilities. One thing that sticks out to me if you look at the pictures her family has posted. 41 is still young, yet she looks almost 10 years older in the face to me. It also seems as if she's aged quickly over the past few years. Could it be the car accident, having a new baby at ~40, the mental illness, all of the above? It appears something has been weighing heavily enough to affect her appearance.

Apparently Nicole is ex-49ers quarterback Steve Young's cousin and he's issued a statement about her disappearance:

"My cousin, Nicole Coletti Harris (Nikki), has been missing for over a month. It's as if she vanished. The last sighting was a neighbor just two houses away from her home. This leaves our family concerned and wondering.
"Nicole is a beautiful, 41-year-old mother of five children. She went missing in October without a cell phone, purse, or any apparent preparation for a long absence.
"This time of year reminds us even more how precious our families are to us. Her children and family are very important to her, and her five children and grandchild need her back, as do we, her extended family."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Steve-Young-asks-for-help-finding-missing-cousin-6673025.php

Apparently Nicole is ex-49ers quarterback Steve Young's cousin and he's issued a statement about her disappearance:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Steve-Young-asks-for-help-finding-missing-cousin-6673025.php

An update posted Monday on the "Looking for Nicole" Facebook page said the interest generated by Harris's famous cousin drove more than 40,000 people to FindNicole.com, but only one new lead was generated. The post did not specify what that lead might be.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor...r-Help-Locating-Missing-Cousin-360845231.html

Nicole Coletti Harris

Searchers continue looking for Nicole Harris who was last seen in Provo the evening of Oct. 24.
Age went missing: 41
Missing since: Oct. 24, 2015
Last known location: Provo
Harris has been missing for nearly two months. Police have searched Rock Canyon, other nearby hiking areas and even as far as Colorado. She didn’t have her phone, coat or purse with her when she went missing.

Currently, there is a $1,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts.

5647b4bf67bb4.image.jpg

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...ion_0a6d0214-b31f-5704-bdb8-d7f1e5d7bf67.html

http://fox13now.com/2016/03/03/womans-decomposed-remains-found-in-provo/

Provo officers said the decomposed body of a woman found in a patch of scrub oak in northeast Provo is that of 41-year-old Nicole Harris.

Around 10:45 am on March 2, 2016, local residents were hiking on their property above the 4200 block of Chapel View Circle and observed what looked like a person lying in a thicket of scrub oak. The individuals called Provo Police to conduct a welfare check, and officers discovered that the individual was deceased. Detectives then processed the scene and determined there were no obvious signs of foul play.

She was found in her neighborhood (Sherwood Hills) - all those searches in the mountains and she was so close to home....

She was found in her neighborhood (Sherwood Hills) - all those searches in the mountains and she was so close to home....

Sadly this is usually the way!
They are usually found very close to where they were missing from or last seen.
there should be 2 or 3 searches of these areas the next group might find something the first group missed.
I'm glad she was found!
RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752