Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

No one wants an attorney who doesn’t win cases they have no business winning.

In fact, that exactly what clients want.

For that reason, her resume doesn’t list cases that were easy to defend.

It lists the cases that were hard to.

Everyone is supposed to get a vigorous defense, that’s how the system works.

If a prosecutor wants to drop charges, or a jury doesn’t buy the state’s case, then a defense attorney has done their job.

She seemingly does it very well.

8paws, LVatty10, NoSI and 20 others like this.
  2. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

Oh, okay. Thanks!
    There goes that idea!

DissociativeFugue likes this.
  3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

And here I thought the goal was justice rather than "winning." It sure isn't much of a victory for the child victim. I don't know how either a prosecutor or defense attorney could sleep after negotiating a "guilty but no prison" deal for a previously convicted child rapist. From the list up thread, this attorney is boasting about it:

May 2018 - Client facing 60-years-to-life for child sexual offenses. Client had prior conviction for rape of a child and victim in prior case was set to testify at trial. After litigating case for one year, Gustin secures plea deal which included no prison. Client will be out of jail and home with his family very soon.

4. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Wow- had to stop reading halfway down from the nausea. Sounds like she only takes cases she knows she can win? Which may be why she sounded so tentative when asked if she was representing AA. She said next week & we’ll see after that.

5. Thespyma

Thespyma Well-Known Member

I personally believe she was definitely consensual to meet him. The reason I believe it is that I have met girls, who look and act just as wholesome and sweet who like sex and want to meet up for it. I think she may have underestimated this guy and trusted him.

I do not belong to these groups but have had to look into certain members' profiles and meet with them. I believe she knew some fringe activity was going to happen. One of the possible meetup sights which actually caters to extreme kink and event torture BDSM may have been used by both of them. I had to create a fake profile and go on it to investigate someone. It was an eye opener. Seemingly normal people working every type of job, were on the site with pictures of themselves inside JUST LIKE the sound proof one with chains and hooks on it for mutual torture role play. It was sickening to see them smiling and hanging by sharp hooks and chains. Think- 50 Shades...

We see it is crazy, but they see it as therapeutic and a release of past hardship or psychological hurt. I am not at all saying she was one on this same site, but people who are into this do not advertise it to their neighbors. From the secret room description, I believe the killer WAS on such sites.

6. nina318

nina318 Well-Known Member

OMG! I just read the list @margarita25 posted too. That list hurt my heart.

7. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Let’s hope you will be the presiding Judge :wink: )

Seriously, I’m not worried if he hires Johnny Cochran’s twin brother. The facts will present themselves. :)

—-

Dude!! Is that not the most, um, unbelievable resume you’ve ever read? Wow.

NoSI, Whiteorchids, Amonet and 8 others like this.
  8. margarita25

Delete

nina318 likes this.
  9. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Well, maybe one or two of her clients actually were innocent...or maybe not....

There ARE cases where innocent people are accused of heinous crimes. But I wonder how many of her clients have reoffended.

I am so hoping that she gets a ‘client on Death Row’ to add to her resume!

10. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

ETA: BBM.

If I was a public defender, I'd boast about it too. The prosecutor had to agree to the deal, no? JMO

11. loganlocal

loganlocal Well-Known Member

I am definitely enraged by some of the "success stories" on this attorney's site, but I do think it's worth pointing out the possibility that some of her clients may actually have been innocent, and/or that a #3 on the list above might be that the attorney believes her client (sometimes).

12. DissociativeFugue

DissociativeFugue Well-Known Member

Exactly! Fantastic post.

ETA: I agree with everything you said! I think this is basically how it went down.

13. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

And this is an excellent example of why many victims are terrified to come forward to even file a protection order.

JMO

CrimeAway, Kasmeer, 303gmf and 11 others like this.
  14. nina318

nina318 Well-Known Member

LOL - your list hit me like a ton of bricks.

margarita25 likes this.
  15. otto

otto Verified Expert

There are so many nice ways to imagine that Kenzie lost control of her phone, but I'm guessing that the dishonest sexual predator who murdered her was much more abrupt.

Joran van der Sloot was finally arrested for elbowing a woman in the face first. That was enough to disable her. He later beat her to death. It's possible that the suspect elbowed Kenzie in the face to disable her, took her phone and turned it off. If anyone saw him walking her into his house, she would have looked like a drunk.

Hannah Graham was out with friends, wanted another drink, and was seen jogging through the streets and then Jessie Matthews saw her. She had a drink with Jessie Matthews. People saw him supporting her and carrying her to his car. They would assume that she was just drunk - too drunk to walk without assistance. Matthews earlier victim testified that she was hit in the head first, warnings next.

I don't think Kenzie had a chance. I think she put her big suitcase in his car, the lfyt driver left, she got in the car and ... that was it. He took her phone, turned it off and very likely told her what was going to happen next. I don't think she had a chance after she closed the car door.

16. margarita25

Good one, Death Row!

Of course there most certainly persons wrongly accused of crimes and that has got to be the worst thing in the world.

One hell of a resume. Seems her clients have quite the resumes themselves. That’s the whole darn problem.

That’s all I can say that won’t send me to band camp right now. :)

We all know innocent until proven guilty and everyone has a right to a fair trial. :)

17. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

My father was an excellent defense attorney. So I do understand what motivates some of the good ones.

I learned first hand that just because someone is charged with a long list of horrid crimes, it does not mean they actually committed said crimes.

In cases like that, a defense attorney is a guardian angel. Can you imagine being falsely accused of killing your missing child?

It is possible that some of those clients on the list posted upthread, were actually innocent of the charges. In that case, she is a hero and not a villain. JMO

Kasmeer, 8paws, TristanP and 34 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

And either way, she did her job.

It’s not her role to secure the conviction of her client, that’s on the prosecutor, and ultimately up to a jury.

If you half-ass a defense because you think your client did it, you have no business being an attorney.

Bluepopsicle, 8paws, NoSI and 33 others like this.
  19. margarita25

(I think that might have been one of the worst things I’ve ever read in my life frankly. And we all ask in these cases how the heck the perp was still was walking free...unbelievable...If I were the parent of one of those victims listed on that resume...or the parent of a future victim of one of those offenders who should’ve been locked up...)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  20. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

I think his attorney read this book for inspiration...

[​IMG]

Dre, girlhasnoname, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  21. margarita25

Indeed, Katy. As I said above, to be wrongly accused would be the worst thing in the world and we all have a right to defend ourselves :), due process, innocent until proven guilty, all that good stuff. :)

MCDRAW, katydid23, Alexsea and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.