Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

if I was a private defender, I'd boast about it. you can't re-try someone for a previous conviction. thank god. JMO

ETA: if I were a private or public defender, I'd boast my wins. who wouldnt?? JMO

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  2. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I still have a few pages to catch up and you guys may have eventually discussed this.
    If you continue to listen to the interview discussing the “friend” you will hear the reporter say that “he declined to give his name because of how he met ML”.

I take that to possibly mean that he could have been a SD and not known to any of her other friends.

PommyMommy, Tortoise, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  3. nina318

nina318 Well-Known Member

Indeed. Honestly, it hurt my heart. I was looking at it only from my eyes as parent and from the perspective of the victims and their families. Also, I did not anticipate a "high profile" attorney for AA. BTW - I am very impressed with your skills there Ms. Margarita - LOL!!

oceanblueeyes, cass523, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  4. Coquette

Coquette Observer

A voice of reason. Thank you.

5. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I kinda think we should drift back to discussing this case, rather than the moral implications of being a defense attorney.

So, who thinks she’ll keep the case?
    I think she won’t, because it doesn’t look much like a win, to me. Unless she wants to put it on her resume as: Client charged with murder, and overwhelming evidence against him. Plea bargained down to LWOP, by making it clear to her grieving parents how much I could make them suffer, if it came to trial.

6. otto

otto Verified Expert

That is not true. People who respect that women can do as they please when they please are not demeaning or shaming. They are accepting and respecting. Kenzie had a lifestyle choice that made her vulnerable. I hope we can all agree here. Regardless of how glamorous sugar is, it left her vulnerable - moreso because of anonymous and potentially false digital footprints. The suspect has a false digital footprint.

It's not about career choice. Kenzie clearly had standards regarding her lifestyle choice. The suspect does not meet any of the criteria. How did he get to her, and how did he get her alone in a park along the freeway at 3AM?

Did he already know her, or did she make a mistake in the interests of discretion?

7. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Maybe there was no solid evidence for the second case and there was a question about the credibility of the case. Sometimes people are falsely accused, especially if they have previous charges.

I know of a man who was convicted of rape when he was a teen. Decades later his ex girlfriend's sister accused him of rape and he almost got life in prison because it was 2nd offence. But it turned out that his ex gf set him up because she wanted emotional revenge and she didn't want him around their son. So he was innocent, even though he had an earlier offence.

Might have been a similar thing in the case posted above. The only way a prosecutor would agree to a deal like that would be if there was no credible evidence, imo.

8. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

Oof.

9. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I think there’s a reasonable chance that he’s a SD—one who developed an emotional connection with her. The main reason I doubt it, though, is wondering if she’d talk about those sorts of personal issues to a SD. I guess it would depend on the relationship.

Tarika, kkdj and MassGuy like this.
  10. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Delete

kkdj, SandSage and EmilyVan like this.
  11. otto

otto Verified Expert

There are no moral implications. There's a verified expert who has explain that sugar is a safe lifestyle choice. The 1970s feminist revolution taught women that there is no shame in any lifestyle choice. After the invention of the birth control pill in the 1960s, women were the sole guardian of their bodies.

I suppose so regarding charges. Police charged him with offenses that can result in the death penalty. The prosecutor can bargain the death penalty off the table in exchange for a guilty plea and LWOP. No one wants to know how she suffered after she got into his car at Hatch Park at 3AM after returning from her her grandmother's funeral.

12. margarita25

Agreed. Let’s snip it. Moo.

13. margarita25

14. OldLadyBlues

OldLadyBlues Well-Known Member

Personally, I find ALL of her "victories" horrifying!
    IMO!

CrimeAway, 303gmf, CeeCeeCat and 13 others like this.
  15. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

OT—Since it kind of boggles my mind, it would be interesting to find out why the focus of this woman attorney’s practice is defending men accused of harming women and children. She is clearly passionate about her work and digs deep for her clients, some (but not all) of whom are probably innocent. I’m just curious about what caused her to choose this particular “specialty.” Was a man in her family falsely accused and rescued by an excellent defense attorney?

To get back on topic, I don’t think she will keep this case. It would not be a “win” and if she did get him a reduced sentence, I don’t think she’d want to list it on her website. JMO

16. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Some of her clients may have been innocent but I also seriously doubt they appreciate her publicizing their case at all. But some of her clients had prior convictions for the same offense. It is a well known fact that pedophiles often re-offend.
    I think all of us on this forum are well aware that not all who are arrested are guilty. The first lawyer in my family was practicing in PA in 1790. But of all the attorneys in my family over the years, not a single one has had a website where they list all their "wins." They list only landmark cases.

I find listing of "wins" in child sexual abuse cases to be particularly smarmy but that's just me, I guess.

JMO

17. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think he's a SO, a sex offender - one who developed an unnatural sexual behavior through his childhood in Nigeria, or as a mysogenist with a green card. He was excused from rape because the victim was afraid to press charges. In some places, the victim doesn't make that decision - safer for the victim.

It sounds like Kenzie discussed a new man (the suspect?) with another online friend, a real connection. Is this the same man who came forward and said that Kenzie has been known to meet a new client at a park?

18. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood. The ‘he’ I was talking about was the grieving friend, not AA.

Blue Amethyst, TjBean and Bits777 like this.
  19. DissociativeFugue

DissociativeFugue Well-Known Member

So, uh, do you guys think we will have any chance of knowing a COD? I’m assuming there is no body to do an autopsy on. :-( Due to the fact that it seems all they found was “human tissue.”

Anyone have any input?

Amonet, Blue Amethyst and scriabina like this.
  20. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

It was turned off, powered down or destroyed. L.E said it happened very quickly after meeting at the park. (I thought I read that it was even within one minute of getting into his car or leaving the park.) I think he incapacitated or restrained her immediately after she got into the car and took her phone/shut it down before he even left where he was parked while waiting for KL to arrive.

Blue Amethyst likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.