Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InspectGadget

InspectGadget Well-Known Member

Thank you! I didn’t catch that, I think I was too busy staring at the painting/photo that you could see through the front door.

PommyMommy and SaguaroSpirit like this.

2. ochemnewbie

ochemnewbie Well-Known Member

You’re right-I forgot he had been identified by LE already at that point.

MsBetsy and PommyMommy like this.
  3. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

seems weird to be meeting some one "new" after flying out and back for a funeral. wouldn't a person be tired and just want to go home? but maybe she wanted to be distracted from a sad occasion. just seems like a strange choice, IMO.

4. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

he may have consulted a lawyer before- he had charges against him dropped, he bought a house, was evicted, etc.

PommyMommy likes this.
  5. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

How is it unethical? The payment was made in the evening on the 26th and it was probably after he was initially interviewed.

6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I wish they would quit saying he was an Army member. He only played one on TV. :rolleyes:

He didn't complete basic training or advanced individual training with the Utah Army National Guard. I sure would like to know what exactly he did for the six months he was "in."

Procurement: Procurement | Health.mil

Correction: Should read YouTube, not TV.
    Man arrested for murder in missing MacKenzie Lueck case and what we know about him
    Ajayi is featured in a YouTube video by GoArmyWestPoint dated Dec. 4, 2017, which introduces the football uniform of the Army-Navy game that honors the soldiers in the 10th mountain division. He is cast as the football player.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think the guy was just angry and may have said a few curse words while expressing that anger. The reporter said he was visibly shaken and upset.
    I don't think he gave her any specific details, just that what he had learned gave him a bad feeling about the guy.

Have we ever known a reporter willing to resist giving specific details given by a witness in a case like this? No way.
    If he had given any hints regarding a certain sexual preference we would have heard about it by now. Imo

MalloryPike, TRB, Stripehaven and 2 others like this.
  8. Coquette

Coquette Observer

ML called herself a feminist. I will play that card in her honor quite happily. May she rest in peace.

Moving on.

9. MsBetsy

Probably waiting for his discharge. Imo

wary and PommyMommy like this.
  10. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

These kinds of people are really good at detecting and using someone's vulnerability to their advantage. I really wonder if they'd been having an online thing, maybe even met, but he was grooming her and setting her up for the lure that would lead to what's now happened. With the death of someone she was close to, we don't know what she may have confided or said even in passing that was his cue to pile on the warm fuzzies or bait some other kind of hook.

It could also be that there are things on their connection timeline that we just can't see into that 'logically' led to a meeting at that time. But I believe he planned it, so I doubt that this was simply a next step kind of thing in the arrangement. He may have simply decided to use her return to SLC and the late flight time as the time, and who knows what kind of exchanges between them led to her willingness to go the park.

11. ochemnewbie

ochemnewbie Well-Known Member

P
    It was made in the afternoon on June 25th, but by that point LE had identified him as the last person to text ML. If they hadn’t and he had consulted SG, and she didn’t notify police, that would’ve been unethical on her part.

1987 and dotr like this.
  12. Fire Fox 2

Fire Fox 2 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Luckily my brother is a very good IT guy. He is always telling us settings to check when our iPhones update or any social media platform makes s change. Unfortunately social media most times, requires you to go change DEFAULT settings to private. I think EVERY app and phone should not share anything automatically but require you to manually SHARE your info. It’s really scary to be a parent in this day and age

Anance, Amonet, ilovechili and 3 others like this.
  13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I haven't seen a date, Niner. I'll tag you if I do. I can't access the court site either. MOO
    Great find, MFH! Thank you, and added to the list. ;)

14. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Well-Known Member

It could also refer to “pidgin” as pidgin English seems to be one of Nigeria’s common languages.

From Wikipedia:

“Pidgin is a grammatically simplified means of communication that develops between two or more groups that do not have a language in common: typically, its vocabulary and grammar are limited and often drawn from several languages.”

However I think you make a good point re: the last two definitions you posted :\

15. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

How would a person know who to call? I've always wondered that. Maybe he called a lawyer at random who then recommended someone with specific experience? Doesn't matter, I suppose, but it's a process of cases that has always been a bit foggy to me, especially when the perp isn't a person of means or professional connections.

jmo

16. MsBetsy

Yes, but given his knack for deception I can imagine a few reasons or excuses he may have had for getting her there.
    Her friends did say she was very trusting of people. Imo

Fire Fox 2, PommyMommy and dotr like this.
  17. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Good point. Hmmm, remember the rape charges against him that were dropped? Maybe it was this same lawyer. I could see the alleged victim not want to face that ‘blistering cross-examination’ his lawyer brags about.

All this my speculation only.

18. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Perhaps the late night meeting was a re-schedule due to ML having to fly out to CA? She may have had to postpone & perhaps agreed to see him upon her arrival back in UT. She had a busy week coming up with exams and a wedding and might have thought it was easier to just see him that evening. Also-maybe she didn’t have any intentions to go anywhere with him other than the park. She might have even intended to call another Uber at some point. Lots of possibilities for the park meet-up, and not all of them involve her ever going back to his house. And FWIW, I sometimes have shut off my phone once I complete my Uber ride, if my battery is low. Then I plug in and turn on as soon as I have access to charger.

19. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

We had some members here on the threads that were very active in alt lifestyles during two other cases that I followed. They were so helpful to the rest of us.

One was the "master Bob" Bashara case, and another case that I cannot recall.

They were very helpful into going into those sites and giving us information.

I can't remember the posters names, but some other people might and they could dig deeper for the rest of us?

ETA - since this thread is open to the public and can be read by anyone, perhaps people that know him from those sites will now know he was listed and look it up and possibly contact law enforcement if they had contact with him at any point?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  20. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

“With the limited information and facts I have, to me, a drug purchase makes more sense than any kind of relationship re: the reason for meeting someone at a park at 3:00am after a trip home from a grandma's funeral”
    That would also explain her casual dress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.