Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

that's a good point re: FBI getting involved. He didn't transport her across state lines (most likely) and I know police departments can request FBI assistance, but i wouldn't think a city as big as SLC would need it. Especially when the digital trail was pretty solid. So then you have to think of other reasons they came in.

yuck...yuck. this is really one of the most disturbing cases i've read about in a long time. i just really, really, really hope ML wasn't tortured/suffered :( RIP sweet girl

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

No formal charges yet in Mackenzie Lueck's murder
    [...]

Steve Burton, who leads the Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, said the jail has a 72-hour hold policy that starts on the first business day following an arrest.

That means if not formally charged by Wednesday afternoon, Ajayi could presumably be released, but Burton said that is unlikely.

[...]

Burton said one reason for delaying the filing of charges would be to allow more time for a key decision. Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether to pursue the death penalty, and the clock starts after he’s formally charged.

3. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

i can't help but think there's a psychological element to it too, like see? blonde women trust me and know i'm harmless! i definitely don't think it's a coincidence that his attorney is in the same general physical category as his victim, not at all.

Checkin, PajamaSleuth, wary and 3 others like this.
  4. Thespyma

Thespyma Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know this. As an Army person, I am now very ashamed at West Point for not only using an actor and certainly not a veteran or active duty Army person and definitely not one of the football players. I also see that West Point has his picture on a lot of their football pages. Shameful...Since my husband and another family member are Navy and one other is Air Force, I think I will root for them next time they play Army.

5. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

As we saw in the Mollie Tibet’s case, it’s common for FBI to get involved in missing persons or violent crimes of this nature.

afitzy, AnnaGrace, MsBetsy and 7 others like this.
  6. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

Maybe someone should let West Point know... they may want to pull that photo. JMO

7. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Active Member

8. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Anyone else think the delay in charges is interesting? In many past cases I've followed they've charged quickly and even on a Saturday. LE is being very strategic with this and I'm thinking there's more than we realize.

1987, Gwinnetian, Lilithx0 and 22 others like this.
  9. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I hope he did. And that it is available for the trial. Front and center for the jury.

Slam dunk DP. 15 minutes tops for the vote. Pretend to waste time for "deliberations". And the free lunch.

The real question, if it would be too prejudicial for the jury to be exposed to it, why shouldn't it be shown?

10. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I understand what you're saying, just thinking about her family.

11. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

His "military service" has been proven to be a crock!! It appears he was hired as "civil servant" and tried to enlist/go to basic training but was discharged after only 6 months working as IT support for a National Gaurd unit. He has zero rights to any military benefits including calling himself a member of the US military!

12. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

It would no doubt be graphic, if it exists. They are probably tormented anyway by what they are imagining.

But a Death Penalty verdict would be worth it.

13. Criminal Justice mom

Doubtful as he never even completed basic training!

Steelslady, GordianKnot, kkdj and 3 others like this.
  14. Criminal Justice mom

I can't believe it either! I think its terrible!

15. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

fyi I am preparing a new thread. We will be moving in about 10 minutes.

16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I wouldn't be so hard on WP.

I believe this was a business transaction -- they engaged a firm to produce a marketing video for them, and firm used individuals they probably had contracts with, and they simply delivered the product as agreed.

Actually, using "real " soldiers and/or players for a production can come with it's own problems-- whether it be film credentials, copyright, royalties, etc.

MOO

afitzy, jbacon, Seenit and 4 others like this.
  17. Criminal Justice mom

You can be hired as a civilian to support units in the National Gaurd as well as other branches. He was discharged for being "medically unfit" which can mean mental health evals couldn't be passed(and in most cases doesn't refer to a physical medical condition). As far as all statements released from the Army/Military they've made it clear he completed ZERO trainings and there for had NO rights to military benefits. Had he been hurt during basic training he would've still be able to receive benefits such as VA access.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  18. RANCH

RANCH A house divided against itself, cannot stand

That would mean you are a civilian employee and not a member of the Army National Guard.

How can you be discharged if you never were a member of the Guard?

I don't get it.

Steelslady and MsBetsy like this.
  19. Criminal Justice mom

You know now that you say that, I wonder if it can also create a security issue to use real soldiers, Marine's, Sailors, etc? I know that there are tons of security briefs given to the military members and families especially during their early trainings and deployments. They are pretty firm about making sure to keep our FB profiles for instance locked down and not to expose locations, dates of deployments etc as you never want to put yourself or military loved one at risk.

However, I just think its more proof about what a liar & sham AJ is. He wanted people to believe he played football on that team & used it to his advantage!

20. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

He signed up, but didn’t complete training.

You don’t get points for trying.

If you don’t complete training, you aren’t a soldier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.