Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

One more thing I would like to say if I may please:

It sure has been an “intense” week as far as our discussions here to put it mildly (the mods are like “Yeah you can say that again!”). I just want to say that even though there were/are some “opposing ideas” here, let’s call them, we are all on the same side in the long run which was to help locate our victim and suspect(s).

Imo, WS is of such high caliber that the actual members who have conflicting ideas amongst themselves are so legit that it makes the debates even more valuable in themselves...meaning I know the person well enough with whom I may disagree that I know they care too. And their opposing ideas only makes me think more about my own perceptions.

So now that we know whatever it is we know (I still don’t know what you guys know), we can collectively move forward with some FACTS I’m hoping.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  2. ochemnewbie

ochemnewbie Well-Known Member

My understanding is that he was in the same condo/apartment as Ajayi, so they took him into custody but had no evidence to charge him with anything. He could be an accomplice, could not be.

3. BaileeRyce

BaileeRyce Major thread reader. Minor poster.

I am sad for all the loved ones involved: Family above all, Friends, and Sleuthers (yes, we mourn too).
    :(

CalmSeas, Amonet, Steelslady and 15 others like this.
  4. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

The smell alone would have been awful. hindsight is 20/20 even if neighbors had called it was already too late so I don't fault them for that but yes still surprising someone didn't call to report the fire and smell.

5. Zella

Zella Well-Known Member

I really feel bad for the Lyft driver. I'm sure he is heartbroken and second guessing himself, but he did exactly what he was commissioned to do. To refuse to deliver her to the address she requested would have gotten him in trouble. What happened is not his fault anymore than it is ML's. It's the murderer's fault.

6. TheRevWells

TheRevWells Well-Known Member

its interesting as to what is being uncovered and sadly, it is gonna be reported to the media etc, but then again, stuff is gonna be found and released during an investigation into this horrific crime. the whole sugar baby/sugar daddy thing that has been uncovered, if true, um, will be interesting to see how that may have played into all of this

dotr and Tippy Lynn like this.
  7. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

My hunch is that he was secretly (or maybe not secretly) filming the young women (I'm assuming they were not actually girls but adults) that were at the apartment. The roommate said sometimes the women didn't even come out of his room to eat for days. So, perhaps he had them in consensual bonding/captivity. Again, for his pleasure and for video/photographs.

That was just a couple of years ago. We've all seen how sex acts/crimes escalate over time. Once he had his own place, he could take his actions further, plus make money from AirBNB to cover the bills at the same time.

My hunch only. jmo.

Truth WILL come out. He can't fool LE.

8. VanillaRose

VanillaRose Well-Known Member

He was only taken into custody because he was with POI when arrested, but then he was released.

9. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

I don't think gutsy is it. Honestly- based on the content of that book and his failure to think to shut off his own phone at the drop off, but presumably shut hers off he's just plain low IQ stupid.

10. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

I would question the accuracy of that statement as fact.

11. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

Agreed he has plenty of time in his cell and future cell to write more books.

margarita25 and JustMe93 like this.
  12. Blondiexoxo

Blondiexoxo Studying Forensic Psychology BSc hons

Maybe there will be some changes to the process of becoming an Airbnb host in the future, are their background checks etc required?

margarita25 and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  13. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

Gutsy in the sense of his narcissism made him think he was not vulnerable to getting into trouble.

MerBeach, Herat and VanillaRose like this.
  14. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

IMO There is one person responsible for ML's death. It's not Kenzie, it's not the Lyft driver and it's not the neighbors. It's AA, the monster that he is.

15. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Earlier on Friday, Brian Wolf, a local contractor in Utah, told Fox News that the person of interest that police had identified in the search for Lueck asked him to build a secret, soundproofed room with hooks on its walls in the basement of his home.

"He slowly added on other requests, like building a secret door and adding hooks to the wall," Wolf said, adding that the individual asked him to come to the home and give him an estimate for the potential project.

Wolf, who owns a home-repair business in Utah, said the person said he wanted construction done as soon as possible, "before his girlfriend got back into town."

Mackenzie Lueck disappearance: Police arrest 31-year-old man on murder, kidnapping charges

Traymar, Steelslady, jash and 15 others like this.
  16. TheRevWells

TheRevWells Well-Known Member

17. Happyshoes

Happyshoes Well-Known Member

I think he kept her alive (gagged?) while he could have his way with her. Total sex addict.

18. Sarg

Sarg Active Member

So....has it been said why she met him? To rent his room?

kgreg2529 and Cortne like this.
  19. mfmfan77

mfmfan77 A Nancy Drew wannabe

I don't have a place listed on AirBNB, but I've used it a good amount, especially for solo-travel in foreign countries. You can become verified which requires pretty extensive background checks (as far as I understand), so I personally only stay at the places of verified owners if I'm traveling alone.

I'm not sure what type of checks you have to go through before you can list a property, but I'd assume they're minimal?

20. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

21. saltlakerino

saltlakerino Well-Known Member

I don’t think this guy had anything on his background that would of flagged, did he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.