UT UT - Robin Putnam, 25, Salt Lake City, 8 July 2012

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Jacie Estes, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

Authorities say that, according to family members, Robin Putnam was traveling from Oakland, Calif., to Grand Junction, Colo., by Amtrak earlier last week. While his belongings arrived in Colorado, the family believes he may have gotten off the train during a stop in Salt Lake City at 3 a.m. on July 8.

Putnam is described as 6-foot-1, 160 pounds, with blue eyes and blond hair. He is possibly wearing glasses. He is considered missing and endangered due to mental health issues.

Anyone knowing anything about Putnam’s whereabouts is asked to call 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips can be sent by text message to CRIMES (274637). Police ask that texters start the message with TIPSLCPD and reference case #12-119999.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54485529-78/lake-missing-putnam-salt.html.csp

2. Loading...

3. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

4. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://slcpd.com/slcpd-seeks-publics-help-to-find-missing-endangered-adult/

uly 13, 2012 — The Salt Lake City Police Department seeks the public’s help to find a missing and endangered adult.

According to family members, Robin Putnam, 25, was travelling from Oakland, California, to Grand Junction, Colorado, by Amtrak train earlier this week. While his belongings arrived in Colorado, the family believes he got off the train during a stopover in Salt Lake City at 3 a.m. Sunday, July 8, 2012.

Putnam is described as:

6 feet 1 inch tall,
    140 lbs.,
    blue eyes,
    blond hair,
    and possibly wearing glasses
    Putnam is considered a missing and endangered adult due to mental health issues. A family spokesman is available to speak with reporters. Please call the Public Information Officer for contact information.

If you know the whereabouts of Putnam, please call (801) 799-3000. Anonymous tips may be sent by text message to CRIMES (274637). Please start the message with the keyword TIPSLCPD. Reference: case #12-119999.

5. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

6. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

The only way directly East out of Salt Lake City is I-80. From there he could get on 40, or go to Park City, or continue on to Evanston, Rock Springs or Gillette, Wyoming. There are cameras along 80 and IIRC on 40 as well.

If he gets on I-84 west from I-80 he is driving around in the mountains headed to Ogden.

SR-32 south to Wanship and Kamas puts him in some mountainous areas, as well. I do hope he stayed on I-80. It would be easier to spot him.

Interstate 80 in Utah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

8. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

9. Liz

Liz I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

10. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

11. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

12. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...e-monthslong-search-for-man-gone-missing.html

By McKenzie Romero, Deseret News
    Published: Friday, Sept. 7 2012 6:05 p.m. MDT

13. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Member

With all the tips coming in I'm hoping they will find him soon.

Probably would help to create a Facebook profile for him.

Prayers to his Mom and Day and to Robin.

14. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

15. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Member

Authorities say that, according to family members, Robin Putnam was traveling from Oakland, Calif., to Grand Junction, Colo., by Amtrak earlier last week. While his belongings arrived in Colorado, the family believes he may have gotten off the train during a stop in Salt Lake City at 3 a.m. on July 8.

Putnam is described as 6-foot-1, 160 pounds, with blue eyes and blond hair. He is possibly wearing glasses. He is considered missing and endangered due to mental health issues.

Anyone knowing anything about Putnam’s whereabouts is asked to call 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips can be sent by text message to CRIMES (274637). Police ask that texters start the message with TIPSLCPD and reference case #12-119999.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54...-salt.html.csp

You all are amazing! Can we please help these parents find their son. They have had to stop searching because of their jobs.

16. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Member

Parents abandon search for missing son to save their jobs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/stor...ssing-son-to-save/KE1clYoohkWFK8rZ-lHLHQ.cspx

SANDY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A Colorado mother is leaving Utah 9 weeks after her son disappeared with no strong leads about where he could be.

"It's excruciating. It's horrifying I mean just to not know if he's OK and to not know anything," said Cindy Putnam.

Her son, Robin Putnam stepped off a train in Salt Lake City and disappeared. He was bound for home in Grand Junction in Colorado, but never arrived.

17. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Member

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54888464-78/putnam-cindy-robin-missing.html.csp

He just left" » On July 8, Putnam boarded a train from Emeryville, Calif., bound for Grand Junction, Colo. His parents would be waiting for him there to take him back home to Telluride. But when the train arrived, Putnam’s wallet, laptop and journal were on board, but not the man.

Police and Putnam’s parents, Doug and Cindy, believe he stepped off the train during a 3 a.m. stop in Salt Lake City and never got back on it.

Why? They can’t say for sure. Robin Putnam suffers from severe anxiety, his family says. He had not been eating or sleeping well before leaving California. He had been having nightmares, and "when he got up from [a nightmare], he couldn’t distinguish between the dream state and the waking state," his father, Doug, said.

Putnam had recently finished his junior year at the California College of the Arts. His mother said he was distraught about failing to get a summer internship and worried about mounting student loans.

18. Anna1964

Anna1964 New Member

I can't get the links to work. I will look for other articles. Does anyone know if there is a facebook page set up?

19. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Member

Sorry about the links. I have searched and can't find a Facebook page for Robin. I wish his parents would set one up. Salt Lake City needs to be saturated with information for Robin.

20. Anna1964

Anna1964 New Member

No need to be sorry. I will try to find something. A facebook page would help so much IMO. OT Ivy Merck was missing and has just been found. Her family set up a facebook page that family said was "instrumental." The city does need to be saturated.

21. Anna1964

Anna1964 New Member

Is it common to go missing while on a trip by train? It may be... I have no idea. We recently had a family come through a nearby town searching for a family member whose belongings arrived, but he was not on the train. I'll go read up on that also.