UT - Ronnie Lee Gardner to be executed by firing squad 18-June

As absolutely disgusting and wrong as his crime was...I'm completely against the firing squad idea and I'm really not proud to live in Utah at the moment.

But he was not opposed to death by firing squad (for whatever reason).

Personally, I'm opposed (offended) that he even got a choice.

I know he chose the firing squad, IMO he picked that thinking they would not actually follow through with it.
I do feel bad for his family and hope they plus the family members of his victims can now heal.

VB

That's the reason they have one round that is not live. So they can think that they were the ones without the real bullet.

If I understand correctly these men volunteered. I certainly cannot speak for them but I bet they will have all kinds of feelings after tonight. However, they knew exactly what they were doing and I would be surprised if any of them will feel regret.

I don't like the death penalty at all but I feel it is necessary (see above post)and am grateful there are people out there who can carry the sentence out.
You are correct! I worked in a prison in Virginia as a nurse.The prisoner is transferred to a holding cell near the execution chamber a few days before his death.Everyone working with them are volunteers,including the executioner.They are treated with respect up until the time of their death.They were treated for any medical condition they had until a few hours before their death.I had no problem working there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back