UT UT - Rosie Tapia, 6, Salt Lake City, 13 Aug 1995

Thank you folie. I did land on that site the other day but wasn't sure it was the one being discussed. Publicly accessible cc databases are great, every state should have one.

Thank you folie. I did land on that site the other day but wasn't sure it was the one being discussed. Publicly accessible cc databases are great, every state should have one.

Your welcome!! Oh yes understand, it was posted in another article a few weeks back when it came online. It's just getting amped up and I believe it is a fabulous concept and totally agree every state should have this.

Just testing to see if the thread is working right.

This video from 2010 has the mother stating that someone detectives were interviewing claimed to have taken/killed her by accident and was supposed to show them where they had taken her. I wonder if it was a false confession as no arrest have been made?

This video from 2010 has the mother stating that someone detectives were interviewing claimed to have taken/killed her by accident and was supposed to show them where they had taken her. I wonder if it was a false confession as no arrest have been made?

That's very odd force. 23 years, this wee one needs answers and justice

22 Years and Rosie Tapia-s cold case still open_24905479_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

It was a stranger who carried Rosie Tapia to her apartment 23 years ago.

For the past eight years, police and family members still want to know who that person was.

In the early hours of the following morning, the 6-year-old girl disappeared. Salt Lake City police said she was kidnapped. Her body was found in a surplus canal that borders the apartments where Rosie's parents lived

"I seen a guy walking and he had Rosie, holding Rosie in his arms," said Elizondo.
"I opened the door and he said Rosie had, she was on the slide and had injured her back."

But Elizondo recalled Rosie claimed she was never injured and that she never told the stranger her name.

That man was interviewed by police at the time of the abduction but the family's private investigator said they considered him Good Samaritan.

But in 2010 police wanted to interview him again. They couldn't find him and released a composite of him.

Story_4326948_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Eight years later, that person has never been found and police are still seeking information about his identity

Last edited by a moderator:
More than 22 years after murder of 6-year-old Rosie Tapia, family asks public for help
More than 22 years after murder of 6-year-old Rosie Tapia, family asks public for help

This article is from November 2017 but it has some good information.

RIP Rosie.

Gaah! This is the message I get when I click on the link:
We'll be back
We're sorry. The Salt Lake Tribune's web site, sltrib.com, is temporarily unavailable in certain nations. We are working on compliance with the European Union's General Data Protection Requirements, and we expect to sltrib.com to be available soon. Thank you for your patience.

Can someone give a 10% synopsis of the "good information" in this article?

TIA! :)

Gaah! This is the message I get when I click on the link:
We'll be back
We're sorry. The Salt Lake Tribune's web site, sltrib.com, is temporarily unavailable in certain nations. We are working on compliance with the European Union's General Data Protection Requirements, and we expect to sltrib.com to be available soon. Thank you for your patience.

Can someone give a 10% synopsis of the "good information" in this article?

TIA! :)

"Porter said at a news conference they have identified three new persons of interest — suspects or witnesses — who may have knowledge of the rape and murder of the youngster. But, Porter said, she was prohibited from identifying them.

Porter described them only as two men and one woman. They also have talked to a second woman regarding the murder, she said."

"Her brother, Robert, who was 4 at the time of Rosie’s killing, said he saw a man he did not know in their room that night. Robert said the man had a beard, and told him to go back to sleep.

It wasn’t until 2010, 15 years after the murder, that police asked Elizondo to help them make a sketch of the man who was carrying Rosie on the afternoon before her disappearance, she said."

What is odd is the sketch doesn't reflect the perp having a beard.

Thanks Force Ten! Much appreciated.

Do they have a sketch in the article - mind posting that? TIA! :)

23 years later, Rosie Tapia murder remains unsolved
View attachment 142073

Eight years later, that person has never been found and police are still seeking information about his identity

Thanks Force Ten! Much appreciated.

Do they have a sketch in the article - mind posting that? TIA! :)

This is the only sketch they showed. It's unclear (to me) if this is the sketch of the person who carried her home or of the person the brother saw in their room.

It's so general, it could pass for my own avatar lol.

Last edited:
Who left the Barbie doll on Rosie Tapia’s grave?
SALT LAKE CITY — Who left the Barbie doll on Rosie Tapia’s grave?

That’s the question investigators are asking the public more than 23 years after the 6-year-old was found raped and murdered. Thursday marks what would have been Rosie’s 30th birthday.

The Utah Cold Case Coalition has arranged for DNA evidence to be gathered from the doll, which was found on Rosie’s grave at the Salt Lake City Cemetery shortly after her burial.

They (LE) have been doing GREAT on this "new" DNA stuff! Hopefully Rosie will see justice SOON!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back