UT - Sierra Newbold, 6, abducted & murdered, West Jordan, 26 June 2012 *Arrest*

Going through the Utah RSO registry. One guy was listed as absconded on June 29th. 3 days after Sierra's body was found.

http://corrections.utah.gov/services/most_wanted.html

If you click on his name it shows a picture and his criminal record.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this guy is involved or not but I thought it suspicious that he is now a fugitive.

Good Morning and thanks for the reply.

From the article I posted earlier, it appears they did get something from the surveillance video and hopefully a time stamp of when the crime occurred along with other evidence. I hope!!

If the perp was caught on camera, any thoughts as to why they won't release the video or at the very least a sketch of the suspect? I would think considering the entire community is on edge, it would help LE identify the perp or bring in more tips? Unless, of course, they already have an idea of who did this.

Any RSO's in the area?

Depending upon what area of the home is visible in the video, it could be evidence that someone was awake and walking/prowling around but not anything that would be direct evidence of taking Sierra. In that case. they could be waiting for that person to slip up and tell them something only the perp would know. It could be that the person is only partially visible or disguised in some way, or they might even suspect that more than one person was involved and be waiting for one of them to break.

Moo

Depending upon what area of the home is visible in the video, it could be evidence that someone was awake and walking/prowling around but not anything that would be direct evidence of taking Sierra. In that case. they could be waiting for that person to slip up and tell them something only the perp would know. It could be that the person is only partially visible or disguised in some way, or they might even suspect that more than one person was involved and be waiting for one of them to break.

Moo

Do security systems with surveillance cameras capture both inside and outside the home? TIA

IMO, even if they can only describe clothing, I think it may help to release that information, wouldn't it? Like I said, unless they have more than we know and they don't really need the public's help with identification.

Going through the Utah RSO registry. One guy was listed as absconded on June 29th. 3 days after Sierra's body was found.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this guy is involved or not but I thought it suspicious that he is now a fugitive.
I find his address Draper, and Cedar City pretty far from crime seen, but very intersting that he is MIA around the time.

I am still so confused by their statements that they have some video evidence. Obviously, it is not that much info or they would have arrested someone. But is it enough to establish if it was a stranger breaking into the home OR someone known to the family
OR someone who was already in the home? Do they know if it was any of the above?

I just learned of this case yesterday. I lived in Utah for 16 years and just moved back to Cali last September. This case is really getting to me. I am all torn up inside. Please forgive me if I ask questions that have already been answered...
1. The dad did not check on Sierra before he left work, correct?
2. Was there any indication that someone broke in? (window, doors misplaced?)
3. Have they questioned Sierra's siblings?

What is the general feeling about this case? My heart is broken. Thanks in advance for any updates.

I am concerned with the apparent lack of progress in this case. Surely at this point after executing a search warrant on the house and having video surveillance footage reviewed, the police should have a pretty good idea whether this horrific crime was committed by someone outside the home or if it was an inside job.

I don't mean any disrespect to SLC law enforcement, but after following the Elizabeth Smart case and Susan Powell case, I am not getting a warm fuzzy that this child sexual predator and murderer will be brought to justice.

Can we not demand better justice for our children?

psychological question:
I'm newer to this site, you long term sleuths, why do so many of these killers dump the bodies at or so close to the origin of their home or the crime?
eg: this case, the boy in MI found under the home, Adam Mayes buried them right in his yard etc...???

psychological question:
I'm newer to this site, you long term sleuths, why do so many of these killers dump the bodies at or so close to the origin of their home or the crime?
eg: this case, the boy in MI found under the home, Adam Mayes buried them right in his yard etc...???

The theory is if the body is disposed of close to home it means someone close to the child.

In this case, however, my opinion is this was done for convenience purposes. Also, the perp disposed of her in water which washes away bilological evidence such as sperm and blood from the perp.

I'm not a criminal profile but following so many cases, my opnion is the perp may be a local and possibly having children of his own. Maybe even children who went to the same school with Sierra. IMO

Whoever it is, I hope they find him/her quick and he pays for what he has done to this beautiful little girl!!

JMO

I am concerned with the apparent lack of progress in this case. Surely at this point after executing a search warrant on the house and having video surveillance footage reviewed, the police should have a pretty good idea whether this horrific crime was committed by someone outside the home or if it was an inside job.

I don't mean any disrespect to SLC law enforcement, but after following the Elizabeth Smart case and Susan Powell case, I am not getting a warm fuzzy that this child sexual predator and murderer will be brought to justice.

They are warning people to be vigilant. I don't think it's an inside job meaning anyone inside that home.

I have come to find out that tests take forever. Each one sent is ASAP. We need more labs and more people to run these tests. Then again I don't know how long of a process a test might take?

It is a process and it does take some time and also LE will be developing a case to take to the grand jury if and when evidence is obtained.

Somebody must be running scared...dont cha think????

psychological question:

I feel as though, when a body was found very close to the home of Sean Adkin's mother, Billie Dunn's boyfriend, that this was dicsussed on the Hailey Dunn forum somewhere. I believe it was said that the killer would have the most familiarity with the area where they grew up,as they probably would have explored it extensively while playing as a child. This might make the killer feel as though they have an advantage over police and that no one will ever find the body.
Please note the body found near Sean Adkins' mother's home was not that of Hailey Dunn, and all of this is IMHO!

ETA: I agree with ~n/t~ that this was more likely a case of convenience, who knows at this point.

It may have been a matter of transportation. I am thinking the perp might not have had access to a car at the time.

It may have been a matter of transportation. I am thinking the perp might not have had access to a car at the time.

Good point. Maybe the perp was on foot (i.e. lives in the area) so dumped her in the canal as a convenience. Another possibility is to dump her close by because it alleviates the possibility of LE finding her DNA in the perp's car....

And finally, I dont buy that it was an isolated incident and not done by someone experienced as per the reports. A rookie child rapist doesnt choose to creep into a home of a stranger at that hour and lure a child out. The risks are too great. How do they know shes awake and alone? How do they know the girl wont scream? How do they know a dog wont bark or alarm wont sound? This wasnt criminal luck. Also, you cant lure a child rape and murder them in 30 minutes or less like pizza delivery unless you know what you are doing and know your target.

I think we seem to come to these same conclusions everytime a child goes missing from their bedroom especially before a perp has been found and arrested. But when an arrest does happen then we all realize it does happen and it happens more times than we may think.

However, Couey had never been in the Lunsford home before he went in and kidnapped Jessica/raped her and buried her alive right across the street from the Lunsford residence. There was no evidence that he even cased the layout of the home he had never been in before that night. And the grandparents had a small dog and small dogs are known to bark at their own shadows yet it did not. As far as I am aware Couey had never gone into a home before to kidnap another child. There was no forced entry in Jessica's case. No one heard a thing.

And you take Joesph Duncan..the sadistic stranger pedophile. He did case the Greone home out with infared night vision goggles. He did know the layout of the home and where each adult and three children slept. He also knew that the family had two dogs that were inside at night. One a pitbull and another pitbull mix. Did it phase him or stop him? Did the dogs bark to alert the family to danger or try to attack him? Absolutely not. He said they just whimpered and got up under the kitchen table and stayed there the entire time. He not only crept in when no one was aware he was there but he viciously murdered three people before he left with the two children he had come to kidnap. There was no forced entry in that case either. He jiggled the sliding glass door and it came open. Duncan had kidnapped, raped, and murdered other children in the past but the Greone children were the first ones where he entered the home in order to get them. Now he DID target them. He was looking for children to kidnap and saw Dylan and Shasta outside in their front yard playing under the water sprinkler. Duncan left no evidence of himself behind in the Greone home. No one heard a thing until it was too late for all of them. They only knew he was there when he wanted them to know.

David Westerfield had never been in the Van Dam home before and it was two story with Danielle's bedroom on the second level. Yet he was able to invade the home and kidnap Danielle with intentions of raping and murdering her..which he did. There was also a dog in that home too. There was no forced entry in this case either. Westerfield left no evidence of himself behind in the Van Dam home. No one heard a thing.

I dont think it would take 30 minutes to kidnap a child. I think it can be done in a few short minutes.

The man that raped my neighbor's granddaughter had never been inside that home before yet he took her out of her bedroom and her parents were there sleeping and so was her older brother. He raped her and then let her go. Until she ran inside her parents' room where they were sleeping none of them had a clue that she had been kidnapped and raped.

So it certainly can and does happen.

This has pedophile written all over it imo.

Come in and get the victim out quickly.
Rape them.
Murder them.
Dispose of the body quickly.

IMO

I find his address Draper, and Cedar City pretty far from crime seen, but very intersting that he is MIA around the time.

Even more disconcerting is the fact that this fugitive has a physical appearance that resembles her father.

Wow I hope this case doesn't follow the celina cass trail. Found dead in a river 1/4 mile from her home. No sign of forced entry, body found a week after reported missing. Almost 1 year later and no arrests. So sad these beautiful children die such horrendous deaths.

Do we know for sure that Sierras dad didn't check on her? I don't think it's that common for parents to leave the house in the morning before confirming all family members are accounted for and where they should be.

She was such a beautiful girl. :tears:

article-2165746-13D2A017000005DC-644_306x376.jpg

:rose: :rose:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...old-6-sexually-assaulted-dead-Utah-canal.html

Wow. Yes he does. Good observation.

Eta: I was trying to quote nvgirl. Not sure what happened.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wow I hope this case doesn't follow the celina cass trail. Found dead in a river 1/4 mile from her home. No sign of forced entry, body found a week after reported missing. Almost 1 year later and no arrests. So sad these beautiful children die such horrendous deaths.

Do we know for sure that Sierras dad didn't check on her? I don't think it's that common for parents to leave the house in the morning before confirming all family members are accounted for and where they should be.

On the recent NG episode, last week, it was said that the father did not check on her before he left. And the guest, who is an investigative reporter, said that she could not have been put there after sunrise. He said that the canal backs up to many homes and she would have been seen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back