UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

No, the last time she saw her child was 2am, they woke up at 0930, looked for her, called police by 1000.

2. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Why would anyone kill a child?

3. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I don't believe the mom saw she was missing at 2 am. Everything I read said she last saw her at 2 am.

She would have reported her missing at 2 am if she saw she wasn't home then. JMO

4. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

OK, thanks

So where did he live? Someone has to know

How did he get money?

Where is the rest of his stuff?

5. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I think that the point was that a muscular young man would not need to drag 40 pounds. I tend to agree.

6. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

This guy is some kind of terrible. To kill kin, and then, not fess up to where she is...folks are just not like that. In some way, I see this guy as worse than DV, and I don't know why.

I don't think anyone is going to put cash on his commissary. His life is going to be a world of hurt.

7. bowler

bowler Well-Known Member

Last time seen 2:30 am
    Noticed missing 9:30 am
    is what I have in my notes...

8. Victoria17

Victoria17 Well-Known Member

It’s disgusting. She’s 5, I’m assuming she can talk and for some reason the first thing that hit my mind was he may have done something grotesque to her that could’ve landed him in prison and she would’ve told. MOO of course.

powl44, JillR, roche.analisa and 12 others like this.
  9. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

The location where he was arrested is farmland and some large ranches, sparsely inhabited, Southwest of the Hyrum Reservoir.

No one would find him there if they hadn’t been looking, but it’s not really on the way to anything nor is there a lot of cover for hiding in

He could have been heading for the Logan River to hide out down there, but he’d be hungry soon and he’d be near enough that someone in those ranches would see him

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  10. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I think he did live with his best friends parents because his parents had kicked him out years earlier.

He had worked at the meat packing plant but quit a few months ago, apparently.

Not sure how he was making money but he had a long history of theft and drugs, so maybe he sold a little, and stole a little?

11. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

no, I do not believe he lived with the sister. I think he was a couch hopper between 2 locations. MOO

12. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

It terrifies me, and sends chills down my spine to know he was found with a concealed aluminium baseball bat.

God, please dont let it be the murder weapon he used to murder little Elizabeth.

Imo

13. Klutz

Klutz Member

Just some background of the area she is missing from - I know this has been mostly cleared up but the train track that runs through that area is not used frequently. If it is, it is very loud and disruptive and people living nearby would not be happy of it traveling through in the middle of the night.
    Near where she went missing is a skatepark. The bus system stops around 8pm so maybe he missed the bus and headed there after skating. Either way, Logan is pretty easy to get around.
    There is a canal, (which they drained), the river that cuts through the golf course which also crosses 1000 west, and Ponds by the fairgrounds. Hyrum dam is a pretty big haul and would mean he crossed a main road with a 40 lb kid which to me seems unlikely.
    Logan is very small and these type of things don’t happen often. I know of plenty of people who leave their cars unlocked and when I lived there we rarely locked our apartment. (I know) This is probably why surveillance hasn’t picked up on him walking nearby. People just don’t install that stuff there.

14. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I would think it would have been even harder with a baseball bat stuck down his pants. Why the heck wouldn't he have gotten rid of it? Imo

15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

The fact mom called after 30 minutes makes me think Uncle was not allowed to leave the residence with her. Moo

. Like every case, times are misconstrued in dif’ reports.

But deceased the bodily fluids shift, think of carrying a garbage bag filled with water, weighing 40lbs.

. Yup & I think he’s not talking because he sexually violated her. All Moo

16. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

A metal baseball bat? So bulky! He must have taken it from his sisters house, or in yards/sheds surrounding the house.
    Surely his sister would have been so weirded out if he pulled that out of his shirt to sit down and chat with his family...
    Why grab a bat and not a knife? The whole thing is so gross!

17. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

Have we heard anything from Alex's stepmom or brother?

18. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

Google 'aluminum mini bat' - to me something like that seems most logical to be able to be carried in the back pocket.

19. buggiegirl

buggiegirl Well-Known Member

I'm a small weakling woman and my kids are 40 pounds-ish. I can easily carry them anywhere I need or want to. Yes, dead asleep they are heavy, but 40 pounds is nothing.

20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Perhaps his crime spree wasn’t over?
    Paranoia from drugs?
    Maybe thought he’d take down LE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.