UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

The skateboard was at the sister's house the last time the sister saw Alex and Elizabeth at the sister's house.

When the sister woke up the skateboard remained but Alex and Elizabeth were gone.

Alex did not return to the sister's house. He was found the next town over, several miles away.

2. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Reposting article. Are their other sources for this info? TIA

Police investigating disappearance of young Logan girl

3. aegarner1

aegarner1 Well-Known Member

Skateboard was left I’m at his sisters house. Did not take it with him when he left. I think clothes was in a backpack. But not sure

4. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

5. aegarner1

6. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

Search done until morning. They must have a confession or really strong evidence.
    Another monster. Please just don't let me start hearing stories that this could have been prevented, that warning signs were there. Please dont let that be the case.

7. otto

otto Verified Expert

Finally, I get it - slow thinker. Thank you

She, her daughter, her brother and his skateboard were at her house at 2AM on Saturday. She woke up at 10AM Saturday, the skateboard was there, but her daughter and brother were missing.

I'm curious what made her call the police instead of assuming they were at the park for the day. I suppose she tried to reach him and then called police.

Do you know the name of the town where he was arrested?

carbuff, SugarQueen, Amonet and 7 others like this.
  8. kiaatcher

kiaatcher Well-Known Member

He was arrested in Hyrum.
    I'm guessing he never took his niece for days out, so she knew something was wrong straight away.

9. otto

otto Verified Expert

10. otto

otto Verified Expert

Looking more closely, have the house and yard been carefully searched, other areas within a short walking distance? He didn't have a car and he seems to be responsible.

upload_2019-5-25_22-38-4.png

First time murderers sometimes leave the body in the opposite direction of home. In this case, there were 8 hours for the suspect to make decisions (sometime after 2AM until 10AM). I'm curious whether a murderer on foot would also first go in one direction to hide the body, and then in the other direction to avoid detection.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  11. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Right. And most people would leave a note saying we are down the street at the park. Be back for lunch.

They wouldn't just quietly leave, taking a young child, and not tell where they were going, or ask the parent.

12. aegarner1

He also had no cell phone to contact him

13. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

MsFacetious posted an answer:
    '
    Kyle Harvey‏Verified account @KyleHarveyOnTV 1m1 minute ago
    .@FBI has joined search effort for missing 5yo in Logan. Search/rescue crews done until morning, but work continues searching inside the girl’s home. Her uncle will be jailed on an unrelated probation violation, but police believe he knows what happened to Elizabeth. #Utah

So they have been searching inside her home, so we can assume they are looking in the front and back yards, and the immediate neighbourhood as well. Especially since they have been using dogs.

14. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, if he was on probation that would indicate he's been in trouble before. Maybe that's what made her suspect him. The fact that he violated it may mean double trouble. Imo

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  15. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

Nice to see you here Otto, the scanner thread may help, start with post 139.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/breaking-news-current-scanner-alerts-8.400672/page-7

16. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Bolding mine

It's possible the uncle had given out many warning signs before that he was a creep.
    He also has a criminal record.

17. kiaatcher

kiaatcher Well-Known Member

I also think it's possible he wasn't a "child person" in the first place. He was ~16 y/o when Elizabeth was born. IMO most teenage boys could care less about being around babies vs. a teenage girl.
    We also don't know what history the family knows. It's possible he's had questionable thoughts or comments about children in the past, just never acted on them until now. All MOO

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, whatever the case, it does not look good.
    I hope she is found soon and that she is ok.

19. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

He wasn’t seen for a total of 13 hours. If something happened near bed time, I would assume she’s close, but with all that time possibly very well hidden? I wonder if any shovels or tools were taken in the middle of the night? How deep in soil can cadaver dogs detect?

20. aegarner1

In moo, I have a feeling that people won’t wait for police to find her. Most of Utah is pretty tight knit. I just hope that if people continue to search they don’t contaminate evidence that can prosecute this guy. That would be bad for all involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.