UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Police had also broadcast public service announcements on local radio stations and social media, asking for the public’s help looking for the two individuals.

Around 3:00 p.m. officers found Whipple, however Shelley was not with him. He reportedly had some of her clothing in his possession and was taken into custody for questioning.

Hooley said Whipple is talking to investigators. He has not given specific information though, regarding where the girl may be.

Officers are considering the situation “highly suspicious.” They are transitioning their search from a rescue to a recovery effort, and feel like they no longer need the public’s help.

Salt Lake County court records show Whipple had a warrant issued for his arrest last month, for violating his probation. In January 2018, he was convicted of felony theft, failing to stop at the command of law enforcement and driving under the influence.
    Police investigating disappearance of young Logan girl

roche.analisa, Amonet, TRB and 13 others like this.
  3. DatelineFan

DatelineFan Well-Known Member

Yep. I would only add that perhaps he was on drugs, too. I get a drug use vibe from him. Doesn't excuse his behavior or anything like that, just adds another layer to the situation. So sad.

4. SugarQueen

SugarQueen Well-Known Member

The photo with the hearts was originally posted in 2016(?) alongside of photo of his then girlfriend.

5. StrykerMom

StrykerMom Member

When you post your relationship status it will continuously change the pictures to your current profile photo.

6. SugarQueen

SugarQueen Well-Known Member

Thank you! I had no idea. Shows how much I do on fb. Lol

roche.analisa and sassyblue like this.
  7. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

6 minutes ago:

We’re back at the search area for Elizabeth Shelley this morning. The canal searchers were looking at yesterday appears to have been drained.

2C2627C9-A72C-4B7A-AAC9-C294B7C8EADF.jpeg

Sean Moody on Twitter

8. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I agree. I think he’s got a drug problem along with many other issues, jmo. He was destined for trouble if he didn’t get help, is what I think.

9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

10. DatelineFan

DatelineFan Well-Known Member

Yep, and I just caught up. Looks like LE just confirmed the drugs. Ugh. This is awful!!

11. KentuckyMama

KentuckyMama Well-Known Member

If they don't find her and charge him before that 72 hours is up and he gets released, I believe he will commit suicide at his first opportunity. JMO.

12. kakadu

kakadu Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. Something is wrong with him. Maybe it's because of his former girlfriend. According to him their relation was complicated. Meanwhile she is together with another guy. JMO

roche.analisa, TRB, Stunned and 2 others like this.
  13. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I think that they can hold him on the drug paraphernalia charges, I don't see his family will put up any bail money. He isn't going to go anywhere.

I don't know if having drug paraphernalia is a state crime, but it is a federal crime, that may be another reason for the FBI involvement.

14. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Sean Moody
    @SeanMoodyKSL
    10 minutes ago

We’re back at the search area for Elizabeth Shelley this morning. The canal searchers were looking at yesterday appears to have been drained.
    Sean Moody on Twitter

Searchers checking around homes and vehicles in the area.
    Sean Moody on Twitter

Members of search team checking an area of the canal that still has some water in it.
    Sean Moody on Twitter

Searchers are going door to door talking with people who live here. Appears FBI Child Exploitation Task Force is part of this search.
    Sean Moody on Twitter

Attached Files:

15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I think he has the ability to bring complexity to any situation. From his posts regarding his ex, I’m glad she got away.
    I wonder if he’s had lifelong issues? Jmo

16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Agree, I think he would, given the chance.
    Hopefully, he won’t get that chance until he gets to the big house. There, they can’t watch him 24/7.
    Wonder if he’s enjoying this, is he finding satisfaction knowing he has info everyone wants.

17. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

That's what his FB page vibe says to me too. Hopefully LE has someone who can reach this kid.

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, it sounds like he was continuing to use drugs and skipping probation. Apparently there was a warrant for him for a month so we can assume he had not shown up once during that time. He was probably trying to avoid arrest. Too bad they had not picked him up sooner. Imo

19. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Finally caught up thanks all. Too many posts to thank. I really thought she would be found by now. Certainly not from a lack of effort. So heartbreaking.

20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Where is this drug paraphernalia allegation coming from? No mention of this in his January 2018 arrest or the parole violation for which he is being held. Do you have link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.